Mitochondrial Hair Medicine

Brandon

You have asked this question numerous times. Why don't you make your own typical product?

I've asked it because nobody has really answered it. I have some of my own stuff (why would you assume I don't?), but I want to know what others are doing. They question is NOT how to make a topical product (I've made different kinds; why would you assume I haven't), but I want to know where WHERE people are getting there stuff. That's it. If you don't have the answer then don't respond. That's annoying.

Ras

I've asked it because nobody has really answered it. I have some of my own stuff (why would you assume I don't?), but I want to know what others are doing. They question is NOT how to make a topical product (I've made different kinds; why would you assume I haven't), but I want to know where WHERE people are getting there stuff. That's it. If you don't have the answer then don't respond. That's annoying.
You asked here, here, here, here, here, and here where to get topical taurine and caffeine: that's why I thought you didn't have your own.

And I think it would be prudent to lose the attitude that empowers you to assume that you have the place to tell someone to what they can and cannot respond. Your continual asking is annoying to me, so I suppose we're even.

Last edited:

TubZy

Anyone know how long the niacinamide/caffeine solution takes to fully absorb (or majority of it)? I was thinking an hour or so if it's in a water/ethanol or just water solution.

x-ray peat

For the apsirin, I use a Neutrogena shampoo called T-Sal, which contains salicylic acid. I use it to clear my scalp before applying the caffeine / niacinamide mixture, which is very easy to make yourself. I got a glass bottle like this one from Amazon,

Empty Amber Glass Spray Bottle

I bought ethyl alcohol from any pharmacy, and diluted it down to 20% with distilled water. Then dissolved a 4:1 ratio of powdered niacinamide and caffeine from PowderCity. I kept adding until it stopped dissolving.

niacinamide
Caffeine Anhydrous Powder

Then with a clear scalp, and the mixture applied for about 10 minutes, I do LLLT red light treatment, or I just go outside and get some sunlight on a bright day. This combination seems to be working synergistic wonders.
What LLLT set up are you using? Could you provide a link? I am using a brooder for general lighting but want to step it up to an led. Specifically I am curious what wavelength you are using.

yoshiesque

Interesting, thanks.

I'll probably see if I can get some pure aspirin powder and add it to the mix since most tablets come with unwelcome party favors.

@CoolTweetPete

Are you able to tell us approximately how much caffeine, niacinamide and aspirin you are getting each time you apply it? For example maybe for one topical application in the morning, the amount of aspirin you get from the crushed pill is 50mg.

CoolTweetPete

What LLLT set up are you using? Could you provide a link? I am using a brooder for general lighting but want to step it up to an led. Specifically I am curious what wavelength you are using.

I use an OverMachoGrande laser helmet. I believe he uses diodes in the 650nM wavelength. Heres a quote from his site,

"Based on an accumulation of studies out there, the standard for laser therapy for HAIRLOSS is around 650 nanometers. This is because of a trade off involving brightness and penetration ability. If you remember, the higher the wavelength, the greater the penetration, and 650 nanometers will reach the depth of the follicles for biostimulation. Higher nanometers that result in an "invisible" beam haven't been show to be as effective as the 650 nanometers, and this is more than likely because of the brightness and color factor. The shades of red after 670 nm aren't as readily absorbed by the tissue because it more matches the color of blood (I'll have a link at some point), plus they become dimmer. It's a speculation that brightness is a necessary factor, and just the energy of an invisible beam doesn't give as good of results."

CoolTweetPete

@CoolTweetPete

Are you able to tell us approximately how much caffeine, niacinamide and aspirin you are getting each time you apply it? For example maybe for one topical application in the morning, the amount of aspirin you get from the crushed pill is 50mg.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I just used a funnel and added a couple big tablespoons full of each powder and added the liquids from there. The mixture I made is fairly crude, but it seems to work just fine. I just kept adding ethyl alcohol and bottled water until the mixture was fully dispersed when shaken (more water than alcohol by about 4:1). The glass container I used is probably 32 ounces. Got it at Ikea.

x-ray peat

I use an OverMachoGrande laser helmet. I believe he uses diodes in the 650nM wavelength. Heres a quote from his site,

"Based on an accumulation of studies out there, the standard for laser therapy for HAIRLOSS is around 650 nanometers. This is because of a trade off involving brightness and penetration ability. If you remember, the higher the wavelength, the greater the penetration, and 650 nanometers will reach the depth of the follicles for biostimulation. Higher nanometers that result in an "invisible" beam haven't been show to be as effective as the 650 nanometers, and this is more than likely because of the brightness and color factor. The shades of red after 670 nm aren't as readily absorbed by the tissue because it more matches the color of blood (I'll have a link at some point), plus they become dimmer. It's a speculation that brightness is a necessary factor, and just the energy of an invisible beam doesn't give as good of results."
cool thanks

TubZy

Honestly, I'm not sure. I just used a funnel and added a couple big tablespoons full of each powder and added the liquids from there. The mixture I made is fairly crude, but it seems to work just fine. I just kept adding ethyl alcohol and bottled water until the mixture was fully dispersed when shaken (more water than alcohol by about 4:1). The glass container I used is probably 32 ounces. Got it at Ikea.

Do you leave it on overnight?

CoolTweetPete

Do you leave it on overnight?

I usually apply it with magnesium oil and coconut oil. Then after about 15 minutes I add some T3 in DMSO and some Progesterone in DMSO. I usually use water to wash off excess after because this whole concoction can leave it pretty gucky.

TubZy

I usually apply it with magnesium oil and coconut oil. Then after about 15 minutes I add some T3 in DMSO and some Progesterone in DMSO. I usually use water to wash off excess after because this whole concoction can leave it pretty gucky.

Cool. You notice anything from mag oil in terms of hair? I use foot soaks and topically applied on chest, shoulders etc. never tried it on hair though.

CoolTweetPete

Cool. You notice anything from mag oil in terms of hair? I use foot soaks and topically applied on chest, shoulders etc. never tried it on hair though.

I think it was Haidut's idea that if the cells are burdened with NO, a good strategy would be magnesium to remove the NO and either red light or methylene blue to transport it out of the tissue. In theory red light could then allow coherent use of cytochrome c oxidase (previously bound to NO), moving electron transport forward, and restoring oxidative metabolism.

Again all really theoretical based on cell biology but it has seemed to work well for me. My hair has been restoring rapidly since experimenting with more topical progesterone and T3. Also scalp massage seems very helpful as I've mentioned.

TubZy

I think it was Haidut's idea that if the cells are burdened with NO, a good strategy would be magnesium to remove the NO and either red light or methylene blue to transport it out of the tissue. In theory red light could then allow coherent use of cytochrome c oxidase (previously bound to NO), moving electron transport forward, and restoring oxidative metabolism.

Again all really theoretical based on cell biology but it has seemed to work well for me. My hair has been restoring rapidly since experimenting with more topical progesterone and T3. Also scalp massage seems very helpful as I've mentioned.

Ah I see. I tried T3 in dmso before bed, did not sleep the entire night so I really didn't experiment further with it. Depending on how long things take to absorb I usually leave my topicals on before bed (overnight) or shampoo in shower.

You mention NO. Have you considered taurine as well? It can also lower NO and has many other benefits which I'm sure you are familiar with you if you read Haidut's posts. I just add a few grams to my shampoo bottle.

NO is weird, I think it can be good to remove it for hair growth but at the same time things like minoxidil and arginine both increase NO and increase hair growth so not sure if I'm 100% convinced that NO is the reason at least on the hair side. Then again lysine is good for hair yet it decreases NO lol.

Are you using progestene? I have the new version from haidut which has less DMSO, I want to try it for hair.

CoolTweetPete

I use Taurine orally for liver health, which is probably important for hair too.

I think NO might be helping hair through promoting vascularization of the tissue, which will help in the short term. People report crazy shedding after stopping minoxidil. NO binds to Cytochrome C Oxidase, which inhibits OXPHOS, which would lower CO2 in the scalp. Again, all theory.

Yes, I have been using Progestene topically. I ran out, but I just got the 5a-DHP, I may use a bit topically along with the T3. I do not use T3 at night, rather in the morning, and in the evening. I then brush it into the tissue with a boar hair brush.

DaveFoster

I use Taurine orally for liver health, which is probably important for hair too.

I think NO might be helping hair through promoting vascularization of the tissue, which will help in the short term. People report crazy shedding after stopping minoxidil. NO binds to Cytochrome C Oxidase, which inhibits OXPHOS, which would lower CO2 in the scalp. Again, all theory.

Yes, I have been using Progestene topically. I ran out, but I just got the 5a-DHP, I may use a bit topically along with the T3. I do not use T3 at night, rather in the morning, and in the evening. I then brush it into the tissue with a boar hair brush.
How would you compare 5a-DHP to progesterone?

CoolTweetPete

How would you compare 5a-DHP to progesterone?

Last night was my first night using it. I had trouble getting it out of the bottle and used too much (prob 15-20mg). I felt good but I ended up having trouble falling asleep. I woke up a bit irritated.

To be fair I drank a fairly large amount of alcohol the night before and that was quite possibly the cause of all this.

TubZy

Last night was my first night using it. I had trouble getting it out of the bottle and used too much (prob 15-20mg). I felt good but I ended up having trouble falling asleep. I woke up a bit irritated.

To be fair I drank a fairly large amount of alcohol the night before and that was quite possibly the cause of all this.

Yeah same prob with me. I can't take 5a-DHP any later than 6-7pm or have trouble sleeping. A lot of ppl have the same issue if you read the 5a-DHP log. I wanted to try it before topically for my hair too, but same issue with sleep. So T3 and thyroid are out for me at the moment.

Is your hair receded or just diffused/thinner? From your pic looks more of diffuse rather than receded which is like mine. It's slightly thinner on the top but for regrowth purposes we are in a better spot, much easier to recover than slick bald spots..

CoolTweetPete

Yeah same prob with me. I can't take 5a-DHP any later than 6-7pm or have trouble sleeping. A lot of ppl have the same issue if you read the 5a-DHP log. I wanted to try it before topically for my hair too, but same issue with sleep. So T3 and thyroid are out for me at the moment.

Is your hair receded or just diffused/thinner? From your pic looks more of diffuse rather than receded which is like mine. It's slightly thinner on the top but for regrowth purposes we are in a better spot, much easier to recover than slick bald spots..

Did not know 5a-DHP caused this issue. Definitely should have read the entire thread before using it.

Yeah, it's diffused around my temples, and back near the crown of my very large head. I remember when I first noticed loss about 5 years ago, I had just gotten a haircut and complained that the person had made a grievous error. Alas, she lamented that my hair was falling out in that spot, and I was inconsolable.

TubZy

Did not know 5a-DHP caused this issue. Definitely should have read the entire thread before using it.

Yeah, it's diffused around my temples, and back near the crown of my very large head. I remember when I first noticed loss about 5 years ago, I had just gotten a haircut and complained that the person had made a grievous error. Alas, she lamented that my hair was falling out in that spot, and I was inconsolable.

Yeah, luckily I caught mine early and managed to save it which was jump started through a potent DHT derived steroid cycle. It's only noticeable under bright lights and up close other than that kinda hard to tell since I kept most of my hairline from receding. If I regained my full thickness again my hair would be perfect. I think due to our hair type is why we can notice if something is "working" much quicker than others since the follicle is still technically active and will respond to any treatment much faster. I notice a decrease in hair quality if I skip a few days of topicals but as soon as I get back on the hair thickens up again and looks healthy.

Someone with slick bald spots will take much longer to turn a hair follicle back to terminal so treatment takes much longer to see if it's actually "working" or responding to which ever supplement they are using.

Topical taurine/niacinamide I definitely notice when I use it and don't- for sure. I'm definitely getting close results from all the stuff I'm using compared to when I was using fin/minox but without the side effects.

Last edited:

Broken man

So when I never had good hair, do you think that I cant have good hair? I dont know what is bad with my hair, I cant have short hair because they are thin near the root but perfect when they are longer. When I am using andro+panst combo, hair are darker and stronger, taurine help me too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals