Mitochondrial Hair Medicine

CoolTweetPete

I use topical caffeine, niacinamide, and aspirin. Coupled with red light therapy, they have really begun to reverse my hair loss. It seems to be returning in the regions I lost it most recently (the crown), and I'm hoping the spots I started losing it in years ago begin sprouting up too.

Have you seen evidence that topical taurine helps? I've been using it orally, but I would be interested in adding that to the topical stack as Haidut has posted some great research on it.

OP
Koveras

Koveras

I use topical caffeine, niacinamide, and aspirin. Coupled with red light therapy, they have really begun to reverse my hair loss. It seems to be returning in the regions I lost it most recently (the crown), and I'm hoping the spots I started losing it in years ago begin sprouting up too.

Have you seen evidence that topical taurine helps? I've been using it orally, but I would be interested in adding that to the topical stack as Haidut has posted some great research on it.

Yes I believe member North posted about this study Protective effects of taurine on human hair follicle grown in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI

Could have some use in either stack. The inhibition of TGFb is the mechanism through which apigenin works as well.

CoolTweetPete

@CoolTweetPete how are you using aspirin topically? do you crush it up and add it to coconut oil?

There is a sulfite free shampoo by Neutrogena (T-Sal), which contains aspirin. I mix a few additional crushed aspirin to the bottle.

fujija

"I use topical caffeine, niacinamide, and aspirin."

How are you making this mixture @CoolTweetPete ?

Brandon

Where did you get your topical caffeine, niacinamid, and aspirin?

CoolTweetPete

For the apsirin, I use a Neutrogena shampoo called T-Sal, which contains salicylic acid. I use it to clear my scalp before applying the caffeine / niacinamide mixture, which is very easy to make yourself. I got a glass bottle like this one from Amazon,

Empty Amber Glass Spray Bottle

I bought ethyl alcohol from any pharmacy, and diluted it down to 20% with distilled water. Then dissolved a 4:1 ratio of powdered niacinamide and caffeine from PowderCity. I kept adding until it stopped dissolving.

niacinamide
Caffeine Anhydrous Powder

Then with a clear scalp, and the mixture applied for about 10 minutes, I do LLLT red light treatment, or I just go outside and get some sunlight on a bright day. This combination seems to be working synergistic wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please remember that aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid.

fujija

For the apsirin, I use a Neutrogena shampoo called T-Sal, which contains salicylic acid. I use it to clear my scalp before applying the caffeine / niacinamide mixture, which is very easy to make yourself. I got a glass bottle like this one from Amazon,

Empty Amber Glass Spray Bottle

I bought ethyl alcohol from any pharmacy, and diluted it down to 20% with distilled water. Then dissolved a 4:1 ratio of powdered niacinamide and caffeine from PowderCity. I kept adding until it stopped dissolving.

niacinamide
Caffeine Anhydrous Powder

Then with a clear scalp, and the mixture applied for about 10 minutes, I do LLLT red light treatment, or I just go outside and get some sunlight on a bright day. This combination seems to be working synergistic wonders.

Legend @CoolTweetPete . Thanks for this. Im probably going to try this with some derma rolling a few times a week.

CoolTweetPete

Please remember that aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid.

Hmm, I noticed you mentioned this above. Have you experimented with either and found one to be more effective than the other? I had considered adding aspirin to my homemade topical, but I figured my shampoo had it, so it might be redundant.

Hmm, I noticed you mentioned this above. Have you experimented with either and found one to be more effective than the other? I had considered adding aspirin to my homemade topical, but I figured my shampoo had it, so it might be redundant.

I don't know if there is difference... I have tried pure salicylic acid and it is very irritating. Aspirin could have some effects as well. I use the Solban product on my hair.

CoolTweetPete

I don't know if there is difference... I have tried pure salicylic acid and it is very irritating. Aspirin could have some effects as well. I use the Solban product on my hair.

Interesting, thanks.

I'll probably see if I can get some pure aspirin powder and add it to the mix since most tablets come with unwelcome party favors.

Drareg

G6PDH enzyme in Danny Roddys article appears important for hair.
It seems some substances we take On here decrease it, aspirin decrease it,dhea,niacinamide and a few others.
Im not sure how accurate this research is though, it could just be hypothyroid individuals in the first place.

Roddy mentions Thyroid increasing it, vitamin E does.

Recharging The Mosaic Cycle: The Role of G6PDH in Baldness

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals