Does Aspirin Inhibit Mitochondrial Respiration?

OP
A

Astolfo

Aspirin is excitatory and reduces GABA signalling. Tinnitus is a result of poor GABAnergic tone. Increase GABA and tinnitus disappears.
Yeah i can understand but why does it persist though? Did aspirin caused an epigenetic change or something?

"In the 1980s, there was a big publicity campaign warning parents that giving aspirin to a child with the flu could cause the potentially deadly Reye syndrome. Aspirin sales declined sharply, as sales of acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.) increased tremendously. But in Australia, a study of Reye syndrome cases found that six times as many of them had been using acetaminophen as had used aspirin. (Orlowski, et al., 1987) "

Aspirin, brain, and cancer

Perfect, time to reread this article.

Recoen

I’ve been thinking about this, especially after Ray’s recent discussion with Danny and Georgi about Ca. I think the aspirin is making the cell aware of the stimulus again. So the excitotoxicity caused by excess intracellular calcium causes the cell to go through apoptosis like it should. Ca drives MPT which leads to apoptosis so this leads me to believe its a good thing.

I wonder if “high” levels of Ca (Na, Cu, Fe, etc) flooding into the blood is behind why some experience tinnitus with aspirin use.

I’ve been thinking about this, especially after Ray’s recent discussion with Danny and Georgi about Ca. I think the aspirin is making the cell aware of the stimulus again. So the excitotoxicity caused by excess intracellular calcium causes the cell to go through apoptosis like it should. Ca drives MPT which leads to apoptosis so this leads me to believe its a good thing.

I wonder if “high” levels of Ca (Na, Cu, Fe, etc) flooding into the blood is behind why some experience tinnitus with aspirin use.
"

This is clever. What is MPT?

Recoen

"

This is clever. What is MPT?
Thanks!

membrane permeability transitions- this is what most point to when they say aspirin/Salicylates are bad. The wiki is a pretty decent review
Mitochondrial permeability transition pore - Wikipedia

this would be a reason to start low and build slow with aspirin. Especially if you think you have a blunted cellular response to excitotoxicity- your general response to the world could be a possible indicator.

I think all supplements should be started low and increased slowly though.

aspirin use along was metabolism dysfunction were tied to Reye’s syndrome in children. The metabolism dysfunction (specifically, medium chain acyl coa dehydrogenase deficiency-FAD is needed) obviously leading to less ATP/CO2 so the matrix, IMS, and cytoplasm are no longer correctly structured. So the Ca doesn’t leave the cell after giving its stimulus. Then the aspirin comes in and makes the cell aware of the stimulus (the mechanism would be interesting to figure out) causing apoptosis. Causing a rapid change in extracellular electrolytes, etc. causing the liver and brain damage. The edema, etc coming from the snow ball effect of the metabolism dysfunction.

This could also be why many seem to have fruit issues. I know Ray has said the “salicylate” in fruit is different. But a lot of the salicylate symptoms are excitotoxicity ones.

from the wiki
“Other factors that increase the likelihood that the MPTP will be induced include the presence of certain fatty acids,[26] and inorganic phosphate.[27] However, these factors cannot open the pore without Ca2+, though at high enough concentrations, Ca2+ alone can induce MPT.[28]

“Conditions that cause the pore to close or remain closed include acidic conditions,[30]high concentrations of ADP,[25][31] high concentrations of ATP,[32] and high concentrations of NADH. Divalent cations like Mg2+ also inhibit MPT, because they can compete with Ca2+ for the Ca2+ binding sites on the matrix and/or cytoplasmic side of the MPTP.[24]

Last edited:
Is there a general consensus on the does of Aspirin? What I mean is Aspirin as a regular supplement better at low dose (75mg), (125mg) or more like 300+mg.
Does the requirement for a larger dose increase with age, or not, hmmn.

Is there a general consensus on the does of Aspirin? What I mean is Aspirin as a regular supplement better at low dose (75mg), (125mg) or more like 300+mg.
Does the requirement for a larger dose increase with age, or not, hmmn.

No, there is not really a consensus. Georgi has said there are studies showing that the longevity benefits can be had with only a (baby?) aspirin once or twice a week. I've heard of several people (myself included) who do a gram or more per day. I'm tapering down right now.

No, there is not really a consensus. Georgi has said there are studies showing that the longevity benefits can be had with only a (baby?) aspirin once or twice a week. I've heard of several people (myself included) who do a gram or more per day. I'm tapering down right now.
@Steven Bussinger Cheers Steven for your reply, yeh, I take a 'baby' aspirin every other day, may try taking it daily and I also take MB (Methylene Blue) @ 1-2mg split.

Lana

I thought it was a pro-metabolic miracle drug as said my many members of the forum. I actually think about taking half a gram daily for my specific problem but now I doubt whether I should. Is it true that it damages mitochondria and cause oxidative stress?

Mitochondrial Disorders: Medicines to Avoid
They don’t have metronidazole or Flagyl in that list . The most toxic life destroying drug I’ve ever put in my body . In fact aspirin seems to be helping my regeneration

jnklheimer

Is that Thiamine TTFD, what has it done for 'you', thanks :): What Brand.

Is that Thiamine TTFD, what has it done for 'you', thanks :): What Brand.

flagyl interferes with thiamine metabolism/absorption. its one of the reasons it has bad sides. fursultiamine bypasses the enzyme inhibition to absorb into the cell. i think bentotiamine probably works, thiamine pyrophosphate might work too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals