Methylene Blue!

Mary Pruter

Question for Haidut!

I ordered Methylene Blue online and received it today. I believe it may be the wrong stuff! It says fresh or salt water fish disease prevention.

I'm taking it that this is not for me!

Help, please and thank you! Maybe I spoke the wrong words into my google?

tankasnowgod

It's likely is Methylene Blue. Although not intended for human consumption, lots of people use products intended for fishtanks (I believe the Kordon product is used by a lot of the Longecity folks). I do have the Kordon product, and use it topically.

I use either Blue Brain Boost or Oxidial for the oral route. You could also search for USP Methylene Blue.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Okay, I see this IS by kordon. It says 10 drops per gallon. Is it okay for my to use orally? If so, ha, how many gallons am I? I wish I could post a picture.

So, how do I use it topically?

Regina

Okay, I see this IS by kordon. It says 10 drops per gallon. Is it okay for my to use orally? If so, ha, how many gallons am I? I wish I could post a picture.

So, how do I use it topically?
Mary, I do not know how the product you bought compares to Oxidal. With Oxidal, I put two drops on the back of my tongue and let it soak in a bit before swallowing.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Thanks, Regina. I'd still like to hear from Haidut!!! He'd know best!

Dhair

Thanks, Regina. I'd still like to hear from Haidut!!! He'd know best!
What tankasnowgod said is correct. It's not any different from any other kind of MB. In fact, there are very few MB products available that even imply that it's intended for human consumption.

sladerunner69

How much research did you do on Methylene Blue @Mary Pruter ? I would be surprised if you had read about this subject for 10 minutes and not come across someone saying "Isn't this for fish?"

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Really? I listened to Haidut talk about it and other things like vitamin A. Never heard him mention fish that I know of.

800mRepeats

I recommend you do more research on MB. There's a lot of info on this forum.
Among other things you will learn:
  • MB is most commonly used by consumers (regular people) in fish tanks
  • 2 drops of your MB is NOT equivalent to the amount of MB in 2 drops of Oxidal (your MB is likely much, much more concentrated and will need to be diluted - again, this information is available here and elsewhere)
  • Pros/cons and cautions about using MB on its own and in combination with other drugs, supplements, and foods

johnwester130

Incredibly overrated supplement anyway

Maybe use it once a month

I used it for a year and now feel better off it

Aspirin, niacinamide, caffeine, theanine, vitamin b1 work well for me

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Thanks John. Mom with dementia and I with type 2 diabetes are on all you mentioned plus vitamin E. But my B is a complex. My MOTHER IS BACK!!!! She is doing amazing!!!! Sad part is, she is now feeling the impact of the fact that she lost her husband, son and all her siblings while she was sick. I just cannot believe doctors don't know about a way to fight dwmentia. All I've ever heard from doctors is that there's NO WAY to cure it. Just meds and when I ask the Rx of side effects, they tell me MEMORY LOSS!!!! Incredible!

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

The fact that I lost my Mother and the stress of taking care of her for 4 years, thinking I'd never get her back..... now she is and it has me so emotional that my entire system is going through a whole new thing, I can't even explain it but I am almost always about to cry but it never comes out.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Thanks so much. I will read this when I am able to get on my computer!

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Wow, I'm going to have to re read that a few more times! It's just so hard for me to understand it all. And, in that radio show with Haidut, I can't figure out if Vitamin A is a good or bad thing because he says something about what it does in the brain is an abomination! I am taking and giving my Mom 15,000 IU. Should it be more? Why does he refer to it as an abomination?

johnwester130

Peat's work is about a whole body philosophy with diet, lifestyle and minimal supplements.

There's a criticism he offers the same answer to every problem, but generally

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption. In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements. .. "

A, d, k2 and E can be supplemented in a topical oil

b1,b2, b3, b6 and biotin can help you burn sugar

burn more sugar than fat to keep stress hormones low

progesterone and pregnenolone can help

taurine and gelatin can also be supplemented

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Okay, I am treating my diabetes as well as my Mother's dementia the same way. Mom will not eat shellfish, and rages of I don't get her Burger King at least 2 times a week!!! The stress of her rages may be why my sugar is about 209-229 every morning. But, it has come down from being almost 400 and plus every morning.

Mom was doing excellent after 2 weeks and kept getting better but all of a sudden she seems to be all messed up again. Might it be a little glitch she's in? Does she need more A, 15,000 IU a day is what she is on now. As for the K, I worry about giving that to her. Last time I had her on it, she ended up with blood clots in her lungs, had to come off all the other supplements I had her on and go on Warfarin and digoxin. 6 months later, the clots were gone and she was back on the supplements but they told me to keep her away from K's, that they clot the blood. It was K2 that I had her on. Someone told me there's a difference. You are saying just K. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong
She was doing so good and now she's been in bed for 2 days and looking at the ceiling with her eyes open wide.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Since she won't eat shellfish, she's only getting 1 and a half eggs a day and I feel like she's not getting enough protein. I was told liver is okay but isn't that high in iron and you're saying low iron.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals