Methylene Blue - No Blueish Urine?

Michsaun

I've been taking 2 mg of methylene blue for the last couple of weeks. So far no ill side effects, has helped with brain fog and energy and enabled me to stop taking H.C. for adrenals and Florinef for low blood pressure, which is now normal.
My question relates to what I've read about MB turning urine blue-ish - however, I have not noticed a change in the colour of my urine at all. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but just wondered if there may be a reason. Could this mean my mitochondria are really eating this stuff up because they're in such dire need of it?

Be interested to know your thoughts - Thanks

misery guts

I've been taking 4 droplets daily of kordon in a shotglass with water for about 3 weeks (split morning and evening), and also don't get either of these effects (mind you my urine is already deep yellow from b-vits so perhaps that masks anything).

marteagal

The dose you take is probably far too low to cause blueish urine. I usually come across the phenomenon of blue urine when reading clinical studies where the researchers use a few milligrams MB per kg body weight, that is, when the daily dose of methylene blue is somewhere in the range 100-300 mg daily. The authors may consider this as a disadvantage because the patients can dervive from the color of their urine whether they have received verum vs. placebo.

OP
Michsaun

Michsaun

The dose you take is probably far too low to cause blueish urine. I usually come across the phenomenon of blue urine when reading clinical studies where the researchers use a few milligrams MB per kg body weight, that is, when the daily dose of methylene blue is somewhere in the range 100-300 mg daily. The authors may consider this as a disadvantage because the patients can dervive from the color of their urine whether they have received verum vs. placebo.
Thanks very much

Fractality

I've been taking 2 mg of methylene blue for the last couple of weeks. So far no ill side effects, has helped with brain fog and energy and enabled me to stop taking H.C. for adrenals and Florinef for low blood pressure, which is now normal.
My question relates to what I've read about MB turning urine blue-ish - however, I have not noticed a change in the colour of my urine at all. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but just wondered if there may be a reason. Could this mean my mitochondria are really eating this stuff up because they're in such dire need of it?

Be interested to know your thoughts - Thanks

It seems to have turned your font blue though.

tara

I've took 1 drop of oxidal a day (~400mcg MB) for a few weeks, usually split between morning and evening, and I think I noticed a very slight greenish tinge to the yellow several hrs later.

marteagal

Meanwhile I can also confirm that a dose of 12 mg MB (3 mg every few hours) gives me blueish urine.

dd99

I think a good objective test would be the methylene blue test we talked about. I have been seeing results from very healthy, young people where their urine turns blue even from very low doses MB. Some sick people I know cannot get their urine blue even from 50mg - 100mg oral doses MB. Don't you think that would be suggestive of high lactate - i.e. the quick utilization of MB and thus all of it gets quickly reduced and gets excreted colorless? If CO2 levels are high, tissue oxygen saturation is also high and methylene blue is not needed to function as an alternative electron acceptor, so the MB gets excreted unreduced and in its original blue color. Anything wrong with that reasoning

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals