Methylene Blue How To? Please Advise

cihans

Attachments

• 210588_kordon_methylenebluetreament_4fl.oz.jpg
    210588_kordon_methylenebluetreament_4fl.oz.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 40

Soren

Forum Supporter
I don't know about this specific MB product but you have to be very careful as some MB products may contain heavy metals. A good MB product based in the UK comes from a company called mitolab, do not know if they deliver to outside of UK but you can always ask I would assume they do.

Methylene Blue – mitolab

Soren

Forum Supporter
Also haiduts online store does deliver to Europe

OP
C

cihans

Thank you @Soren after this topic I dig my first aid chest and find this product in attach. But I saw also invoice it shipped on late 2017. Also no best before date on bottle, so MB products doesn’t have expiration dates I assume. On label on bottle 1 drop = 0,5mg MB. Is it too much dosage or normal. Please excuse my questions but never understand the science behind this product and dosage.
Thank you and waiting for your replies.

Attachments

• 0A6D318E-4FD5-4850-8E95-D530E637D10D.jpeg
    0A6D318E-4FD5-4850-8E95-D530E637D10D.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 74

milkboi

Thank you @Soren after this topic I dig my first aid chest and find this product in attach. But I saw also invoice it shipped on late 2017. Also no best before date on bottle, so MB products doesn’t have expiration dates I assume. On label on bottle 1 drop = 0,5mg MB. Is it too much dosage or normal. Please excuse my questions but never understand the science behind this product and dosage.
Thank you and waiting for your replies.

I would assume it's still good. 500 mcg is a good starting dose, you can experiment with doses up 15 mg a day (you can go even higher, but the former range is thought to be safe and effective).

OP
C

cihans

Thank you guys, last question is it okay to use it daily or lets say 2X a week or every other day?

Last edited:

Kunstruct

Methylene blue is a tricyclic phenothiazine drug with a characteristic blue colour. It is transformed to a colourless compound, leucomethylene blue, and excreted in the urine as a mixture of methylene blue and leucomethylene blue. The usual daily oral dose is 200 mg (Schirmer 2011). Methylene blue's half‐life in humans is five to 10 hours (Schirmer 2011; Suwanarusk 2015). The bioavailability of methylene blue after oral administration is 72%, with peak plasma concentrations after two hours and an elimination half‐life of 18 hours (Walter‐Sack 2009).

When administered in high intravenous doses, severe gastrointestinal symptoms have been reported in adults (Schirmer 2011). It may also precipitate serotonin syndrome, especially when given together with serotonin reuptake inhibitors (Ng 2010). Furthermore, it can cause haemolytic anaemia in patients with glucose‐6‐phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) enzymatic deficiency (Gallo 2009). In sheep the LD50 value (lethal dose 50%, which is the dose at which 50% of a group will die) was found to be 42 mg/kg body weight (Schirmer 2011), and in rats 1250 mg/kg (Suwanarusk 2015). Contraindications include the concomitant use of serotonin reuptake inhibitors (Schirmer 2011), while patients with homozygous G6PD deficiency might require monitoring due to reduced haemoglobin level (Müller 2013).

OP
C

cihans

Some update and questions. 5 days straight 2 drops = 1mg MB by oral route. Cypro feelings like in gut area and stomach heavy feeling, feels hard when touched. Gas for sure. But interestingly bowel movement is sharp in the morning running to toilet but what was amaze me the quantity of poo ! just woow... I eat my usual stuff for years why is the quantity increased dramaticaly? before MB what happened that matter it was 1/3 if I compare with today. is it a good thing dunno. I get mild headaches sometimes and no deep sleep, bad dreams , overthinking, feeling jittery. Thats my updates.

Inaut

Does any body add MB to coconut oil? Wondering if it would help it make its way to the colon for extra clean up?

Dave Clark

Does any body add MB to coconut oil? Wondering if it would help it make its way to the colon for extra clean up?
I believe I have read, and I know from blending myself, that MB is not oil soluble. You are better off blending into water base. I find that the MB settles out when put into oil, at least that is my experience with it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Happy Hamster- is that 1-15 drops undiluted Kordon MB? You haven't experienced fatigue from this range?
Be watchful of serotonin syndrome with Methylene Blue.

Amazoniac

From previous:

"After oral administration, the concentrations of methylene blue in blood and the AUC were one order of magnitude lower than after i.v. administration. This could be due to poor gastrointestinal absorption. The almost identical urinary excretion after oral and i.v. administration and the experiments in rats, however, argue against this possibility. Alternatively, an extensive first-pass metabolism could account for the low bioavailability. Again, the urinary excretion argues against this possibility. Moreover, no major metabolites of methylene blue other than the two redox forms have been described. Finally, differences in the distribution in various compartments, such as intestinal wall and liver, prior to reaching the blood stream with subsequent redistribution could account for the low circulating concentrations in whole blood after oral administration. This hypothesis is supported by the animal experiments where no methylene blue was detectable in blood after intraduodenal administration but significantly higher concentrations were found in intestinal wall and liver. The animal experiments also demonstrate that, depending on the mode of administration, substantially higher concentrations of methylene blue are reached in various organs than in blood. Tenfold higher concentrations of radio-iodinated methylene blue than in blood have also been found in tumours following administration of radio-iodinated methylene blue to patients [11]."

"Approximately one-third of the methylene blue excreted in urine was in the leucoform. The leucoform of the compound is generally rapidly oxidised in air [12]. However, in urine -- but not in blood -- it forms stable complexes [13]. The observed urinary excretion agrees with the excretion of radioactivity after administration of labelled methylene blue [11]."

"The present data indicate that oral methylene blue is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract but differs markedly with regard to organ distribution compared with i.v. methylene blue. Rather than first-pass metabolism, methylene blue is thus subjected to extensive 'first-pass distribution' and, depending on the mode of administration, markedly different tissue concentrations are achieved."

Within the 0-24 h interval where a great deal of the excretion through urine occurs, the first experiment (with 10 mg) reported much of it being excreted as leucomethylene blue, the second (with 100 mg) 'one-third'.

On distribution, (unfortunately) what's shown in the figure above is for rats, relative to blood value after injection (that wasn't detailed) and only after 1 h of dosing (10 mg/kg). That said, humans had a bloody concentration of about 0.3 uM after 1 h of intravenous dosing (100 mg ☠), which may match what's attained in brain after oral dosing if we base on what happened with rats.

- The monoamine oxidase inhibition properties of selected structural analogues of methylene blue

"MB exhibits an IC50 value of 0.07 μM for the in vitro inhibition of human MAO-A (Harvey et al. 2010)."

"[..]low doses (0.7-1 mg/kg) of MB, given intravenously may already give rise to clinically relevant MAO inhibition (Top et al., 2014; Schwiebert et al., 2009)."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals