Dosage of methylene blue to prevent infection after tick bite?

Zpol

Got bit by a tick. I think it was today. He doesn't look engorged with blood so I don't think he was attached for long. But I want to play it safe and do something to prevent infection prophylactically.

I have Oxidal but not any antibiotics on hand.

I know methylene blue is used for Lyme in combination with doxycycline but my doctor won't prescribe doxy at this time (only if a rash develops or if I have flu symptoms). So I need to determine how much MB I can take safely.

Or if anyone has other tips for me at this stage please share, thank you!!

Inaut

I received multiple tick bites last summer while wandering through some thick brush. I didn’t go to the doctor. Just removed the ticks. Wiped the bites with lugols solution and took a large dose of methylene blue (still taking MB daily). I think as long as you remove the tick before it embeds, you are good.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Thanks @Inaut, good tips. My husband said they used topical iodine for tick bites when he was kid. Makes sense. I didn't have any on hand when I got the bite, I used Neosporin instead but I think the Lugol's would be better. I'm going to get some to have in my med kit.
I'm going to go ahead with a month or so of daily MB. Previously, I took two drops Oxidal per day with zero effect but I'm looking into a much higher dose.

Got bit by a tick. I think it was today. He doesn't look engorged with blood so I don't think he was attached for long. But I want to play it safe and do something to prevent infection prophylactically.

I have Oxidal but not any antibiotics on hand.

I know methylene blue is used for Lyme in combination with doxycycline but my doctor won't prescribe doxy at this time (only if a rash develops or if I have flu symptoms). So I need to determine how much MB I can take safely.

Or if anyone has other tips for me at this stage please share, thank you!!
2 weeks of doxycycline is the prevantative protocol I've heard, get it ASAP.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals