Medichecks blood test results: Cholesterol

I have ADHD so my head hurts trying to research this.
Please help me - what do these results mean?
They obviously tell me to lower my intake of saturated fats and up my PUFAs. Big fat nope to that. I haven't been doing much exercise recently due to issues with excess blood loss caused by a fibroid, which has now been taken care of and I'm slowly recovering but the blood test was last week so whatever those results are were affected by months of inactivity. For now I just want to know if my numbers are really ok and if I have to do anything about them, and what that might be.

Attachments

• IMG_7127.jpeg
    IMG_7127.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 46

GTW

I'm used to seeing the results in different units. However the corresponding reference excess or deficiency values are slightly over recommended levels and under for HDL.
Remedy even 50-60 years ago was not to increase PUFA and decrease saturated fat. It was to reduce fats overall and replace saturated with PUFA. To make foods more palatable the industry added more sugar. Heart disease epidemic from alleged saturated fat excess (more likely cigarette smoking and hydrogenated saturated fats) became\evolved to current diabetes metabolic syndrome epidemic.
Total cholesterol is probably not as significant when HDL and HDL\TC improve.

tasfarelel

Your values are only minimally above the lab range. Nearly 100% of recent scientific studies (serious, not fringe science), show no (negative) effect of high LDL on any disease or lifespan. Similarly, no (positive) effect of high HDL. The only thing that remains are triglycerides. Low triglycerides seem to be beneficial.

So in summary, stop worrying about cholesterol, and just lower your fat intake to eventually get your triglycerides a bit lower.

GTW

Of blood lipid and overall health factors exercise is valuable in moderation.

OP
M
Your values are only minimally above the lab range. Nearly 100% of recent scientific studies (serious, not fringe science), show no (negative) effect of high LDL on any disease or lifespan. Similarly, no (positive) effect of high HDL. The only thing that remains are triglycerides. Low triglycerides seem to be beneficial.

So in summary, stop worrying about cholesterol, and just lower your fat intake to eventually get your triglycerides a bit lower.
Thanks for you insight, very helpful! :)
My triglycerides seem to be quite low? 1.53mmol/l
Or would you say I should aim for that to be even lower?

TheSir

Hey, could you share some of these studies? Thanks.

GTW

Typical studies are rarely conclusive except in showing associations in particular populations in particular conditions with specific proxies. Cholesterol has been a proxy for healthy outcome, that is, an intervention that lowers cholesterol is thought to be good. Not so fast, not so simple!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals