Thoughts on My Cholesterol Results

nwo2012

Why are some even talking about cholesterol as if it causes heart disease? WTF!?!? That is complete BS, its like saying that all the ambulances attending serious accidents are causing the fatalities.
However a defective thyroid, like borken traffic lights, can cause those ambulances to pile up and then cause some fatalities.
So we need to improve thyroid function so that cholesterol can be utilized rather tha oxidized.
So thyroid is the answer. I say stick with your NDT in the morning but them take small amounts of T3 throughout the day. Go overboard on bag breathing. Get at least 5 cups of coffee per day. Use plenty of niacinamide to keep the fatty acids, from stored PUFA from being released from tissues and overburdening the liver. Use cascara to stop endotoxin from doing the same.

But on the very big plus side to high cholesterol, you are well protected from cancer.

edit: btw was it a fasting cholesterol blood test?

Lucy

Yes, Thiroyd is the brand I used.

Unfortunately I have to speak in past tense about this, as I eventually quit supplementation... the reason was partly that I was doing this on my own (my labs are normal, TSH was always around 1, perfect!) and people around me were a bit skeptical, and also in the end I was feeling so well I thought maybe I could do without thyroid, so I stopped taking it. That was the biggest mistake I ever made as all my symptoms came back, and more.

But at least I know what I have to do now, although I'm still facing an unusual amount of obstacles (couldn't tolerate T4, got headaches with T3 - can anything more go wrong? :evil:). And the best advice I could give one after what happened to me would be to trust Ray, your body and how you feel, and avoid doctors if you can :2cents

jaa

Is it possible to cure hypothyroidism? Or once you go on the meds are you stuck with them?

kiran

Maybe. If you fix the issues which are affecting your metabolism, you might be able to reduce/eliminate thyroid meds. Your thyroid recovers fairly quickly, bodybuilders on high doses of T3 recover in a short time after stopping. However, you might not be able to keep your metabolism up at the higher rate without the thyroid meds.

jnhermann

nwo2012 said:
Why are some even talking about cholesterol as if it causes heart disease? WTF!?!? That is complete BS, its like saying that all the ambulances attending serious accidents are causing the fatalities.
However a defective thyroid, like borken traffic lights, can cause those ambulances to pile up and then cause some fatalities.
So we need to improve thyroid function so that cholesterol can be utilized rather tha oxidized.
So thyroid is the answer. I say stick with your NDT in the morning but them take small amounts of T3 throughout the day. Go overboard on bag breathing. Get at least 5 cups of coffee per day. Use plenty of niacinamide to keep the fatty acids, from stored PUFA from being released from tissues and overburdening the liver. Use cascara to stop endotoxin from doing the same.

But on the very big plus side to high cholesterol, you are well protected from cancer.

edit: btw was it a fasting cholesterol blood test?

I assume you were directing the cholesterol and heart disease comment at me. I never came close to saying that. Maybe you should actually read what i wrote. Im fully aware that cholesterol doesnt cause heart disease...if you read what i wrote i explain that heart disease is caused the breakdown of collagen due to lack of ascorbate. Linus pauling proved this and he found the cure. It is why the only mammals that get heart disease are primates, guinea pigs and humans (whom are also the only mammals who cant synthesize their own ascorbate!). Think about it. Animals synthesize the human equivalent of 9 to 12 grams of vitamin c a day. The average human oon a western diet probably gets less than 250 milligrams a day.

The human body requires vitamin c to make collagen!

saul42

Charlie and for any others who might have Cholesterol issues.

Here is a link that provides good info on how the medical society uses these numbers to scare us. On another note, focus on getting the HDL up, which is done by eating good saturated fats such as butter, regular milk, eggs, coconut oil, etc

The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy that Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease

by Uffe Ravnskov, M. D., Ph. D.
Published by the New Trends Publishing Co., Washington, D. C., 2000, xiv + 297 pp, ISBN 0-9670897-0-0 $20.00
With courage and care Dr. Ravnskov exposes the lack of experimental evidence for the diet-heart theory, which claims that eating less fat and cholesterol will prevent atheroslcerosis (hardening of the arteries) and myocardial infarctions (heart attacks). By examining original peer-reviewed literature, the author finds no support for the diet-heart theory. He gives examples of scientific fraud among efforts to support the theory, including the deliberate selective omission of data points, and the deliberate assignment of subjects in a clinical trial to treatment or to control groups by physicians with the subject's medical records in hand. He shows how the abstract or conclusions of a number of papers are at odds with the actual data in the papers. He demonstrates how the use of one statistical method in preference to another can give a false impression that there is an effect, where there is, in fact, none. He shows how the reporting of differences in fatality rates by per cent reduction (say, a 50% reduction in relative risk) is actually misleading when the actual death rates are quite small in both the treatment and control groups of subjects in diet or drug studies. For example, a treatment that changes the absolute survival rate over a multi-year period from 99.0% to 99.5% represents a 50% reduction in relative risk, from 1% to 0.5% absolute. This is often described in papers as a 50% reduction in death rate. However, when the difference is barely significant statistically, as was often the case, Ravnskov points out that there is no real reason to recommend adoption of the treatment, especially if there are serious side-effects.

You can read the full post by clicking on the link below

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/559885/posts

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals