Masa Harina making me constipated? Does this mean I can't eat it?

dervmai

progress
I tried to eat masa harina. I bought the king arthur brand which had clean ingredients. I made tortilla shells out of them and made tacos with it. It tasted delicious and after being on my restrictive diet, this new addition was amazing.... so I basically ate it for like 3 days straight 3 meals a day... overkill I know haha but it tasted so good I kept wanting more and knowing that it was peaty approved made me love it more. However.... I am now experiencing constipation.... prior to eating this I had a bowel movement a day. I noticed my bowel movements kept happening later and later in the day for the past 3 days and yesterday I didn't have a bowel movement the whole day.... so does this mean my body does not like it? Or was it overkill with how much I ate, and that is why I am constipated?

I tried to eat masa harina. I bought the king arthur brand which had clean ingredients. I made tortilla shells out of them and made tacos with it. It tasted delicious and after being on my restrictive diet, this new addition was amazing.... so I basically ate it for like 3 days straight 3 meals a day... overkill I know haha but it tasted so good I kept wanting more and knowing that it was peaty approved made me love it more. However.... I am now experiencing constipation.... prior to eating this I had a bowel movement a day. I noticed my bowel movements kept happening later and later in the day for the past 3 days and yesterday I didn't have a bowel movement the whole day.... so does this mean my body does not like it? Or was it overkill with how much I ate, and that is why I am constipated?
I am on my fourth day, with an experiment of eating no dry foods, only boiled grains, and am already finding it to be healthier for my digestion. Like my son pointed out, dry grains are dehydrating, and slows things down. Try your masa in a more hydrated way like in this hot drink “Atole” or in a porridge and you’ll know if it is the masa or the method. I am documenting my No-Dry experiment starting on page 58 of my weight loss thread, linked below..,

Attachments

• 6C09756A-6D25-477E-96B6-6C11D74429F4.jpeg
    6C09756A-6D25-477E-96B6-6C11D74429F4.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
I am on my fourth day, with an experiment of eating no dry foods, only boiled grains, and am already finding it to be healthier for my digestion. Like my son pointed out, dry grains are dehydrating, and slows things down. Try your masa in a more hydrated way like in this hot drink “Atole” or in a porridge and you’ll know if it is the masa or the method. I am documenting my No-Dry experiment starting on page 58 of my weight loss thread, linked below..,

I see, okay, I'll see if lowering how often I eat the tacos helps with bowels. I think I just ate too much, literally ate like 3 tacos for lunch and dinner for like 3-4 days straight. Hopefully it is because I ate too much and not because my body doesn't like the masa harina, it would suck if I had to completely eliminate this.

I see, okay, I'll see if lowering how often I eat the tacos helps with bowels. I think I just ate too much, literally ate like 3 tacos for lunch and dinner for like 3-4 days straight. Hopefully it is because I ate too much and not because my body doesn't like the masa harina, it would suck if I had to completely eliminate this.
Yeah it would be a bummer, I love tacos!

GTW

What else in the tacos?
I don't know about King Arthur brand. If a product is non-GMO without Organic certification there's a good chance it's been treated with pesticide. Glyphosate is commonly used $a couple weeks before harvest$ to increase yield by uniformly killing plants.
Learning that about oats was a WTF revelation to me

Last edited:
What else in the tacos?
I don't know about King Arthur brand. If a product is non-GMO without Organic certification there's a good chance it's been treated with pesticide. Glyphosate is commonly used to increase yield by uniformly killing plants.
Learning that about oats was a WTF revelation to me
You got are so right! I started growing my own food and noticed on all the plants sold at Home Depot and Lowes that there is a warning on them all, not only for those who may eat the plants, but also that it kills bees.
At first I was buying my plants from a popular local nursery that had been in the area for 50+ years and noticed plants that they were not growing well, like ones I had purchased online, and that is when I noticed the warning on their pots too. I am going to have to dig up an orange tee and a raspberry bush, before they bloom, and toss them. They grow mutant sickly. It is so sad that well-intended people are planting these toxic plants.

Attachments

• 7502BA84-1C4E-44E7-B702-3E150A932C2E.jpeg
    7502BA84-1C4E-44E7-B702-3E150A932C2E.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 17

GTW

Cheese, eggs, white rice themselves tend to cause constipation.
Nurseries often use fish emulsion to get fast growth. Maybe the plants are addicted to this nutrition?

sunny

You got are so right! I started growing my own food and noticed on all the plants sold at Home Depot and Lowes that there is a warning on them all, not only for those who may eat the plants, but also that it kills bees.
At first I was buying my plants from a popular local nursery that had been in the area for 50+ years and noticed plants that they were not growing well, like ones I had purchased online, and that is when I noticed the warning on their pots too. I am going to have to dig up an orange tee and a raspberry bush, before they bloom, and toss them. They grow mutant sickly. It is so sad that well-intended people are planting these toxic plants.
I can't read that label in the photo. What are they incorporating into it? Some kind of gmo thing?

Nurseries often use fish emulsion to get fast growth. Maybe the plants are addicted to this nutrition?

Maybe so. But I eat some fruit and have regular bowel movements. Fruit is a must.

I get the rice and cheese, but why would eggs do that?

GTW

I get the rice and cheese, but why would eggs do that?
I don't know why. Highly digestible zero carb foods like cheese and eggs? Meat and fish do have some dietary fiber indigestible content.
Mexicans sometimes called beaners. Typical tacos have lettuce, tomatoes, beans.

GTW

I put a couple teaspoons psyllium husk in each batch of masa harina corn cakes.

EvanHinkle

I noticed you have a couple threads about constipation going, and have recently had a revelation around vitamin E. How’s your vitamin E intake?

Post in thread 'Rectal Administration Of Vitamin E For Treatment Of Degenerative Diseases'
Rectal Administration Of Vitamin E For Treatment Of Degenerative Diseases

Did your opinion change about starch?

Did your opinion change about starch?
No I have not changed my view. Boiled is much better. Overall I avoid grains, mostly for my teeth sake, to retain my calcium intake and other minerals, and because I am adamant that I am not going to deal with weight gain ever again. I look and feel better without them.

No I have not changed my view. Boiled is much better. Overall I avoid grains, mostly for my teeth sake, to retain my calcium intake and other minerals, and because I am adamant that I am not going to deal with weight gain ever again. I look and feel better without them.
Thank you, I feel the same way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals