Many people may suffer from chronic serotonin syndrome

Mauritio

GreenTrails

What form of supplemental vitamin C do you use other than food? It’s hard to find a good quality supplement. Thanks!
I just got some "Ultra Fine Vitamin C Powder" manufactured in the UK, DSM's Quali-C. Someone on this site suggested it. I really like it.

golder

I just got some "Ultra Fine Vitamin C Powder" manufactured in the UK, DSM's Quali-C. Someone on this site suggested it. I really like it.
Amazing thanks. Is this the one?
https://uk.nutrimuscle.com/products/vitamine-c-quali®c?variant=39909862473897

GreenTrails

Amazing thanks. Is this the one?
https://uk.nutrimuscle.com/products/vitamine-c-quali®c?variant=39909862473897

I got it from amazon.com​

GMO Free Vitamins - Ultra Fine Vitamin C Powder, Made in UK, UK Ingredients - Highest Grade of Quali-C L-Ascorbic Acid for Maximum Bioavailability – Vegan (8 oz.)​

I think this is the best vitamin C I've ever had.

golder

I got it from amazon.com​

GMO Free Vitamins - Ultra Fine Vitamin C Powder, Made in UK, UK Ingredients - Highest Grade of Quali-C L-Ascorbic Acid for Maximum Bioavailability – Vegan (8 oz.)​

I think this is the best vitamin C I've ever had.
Cheers man, glad you’ve had such a good response from it, I’ve been looking for a good quality vitamin C for ages. I’ll see if I can find that one you posted somewhere in the UK. What sort of dosages and effects have you noticed? :)

GreenTrails

Cheers man, glad you’ve had such a good response from it, I’ve been looking for a good quality vitamin C for ages. I’ll see if I can find that one you posted somewhere in the UK. What sort of dosages and effects have you noticed? :)
I've only been taking it for a few days, but I am feeling really good. I've been taking one scoop in the morning, which is 1,000 mg., and I think I will go up to 1,500 daily by taking 500 mg. morning, noon and evening. I've looked for a good quality vitamin C for a long time, too, and so glad I found this.

golder

I've only been taking it for a few days, but I am feeling really good. I've been taking one scoop in the morning, which is 1,000 mg., and I think I will go up to 1,500 daily by taking 500 mg. morning, noon and evening. I've looked for a good quality vitamin C for a long time, too, and so glad I found this.
Is there anything we should be wary of depleting, or making sure we take alongside when using highish doses of vitC? Thanks

yerrag

It isn't just the vit. C I take by the way, I just wanted to comment that I read with fascination the health problems so many people experience here. I know that I'm 60 and am reminded by the grey hair but I still weight lift 6 days a week, have 3-4 BM every day and get colds maybe once every 3-5 years, again, only if I've been neglecting my diet. I am fascinated by the mental/emotional/sexual health issues so many experience as I just can't relate. My "gear" works just the same as when I was 15 and I feel profoundly happy, Full head of hair despite many episodes of tweaking testosterone in my lifetime. I just seem oblivious to the health issues at large as I don't experience them apart from the occasional blunt force trauma of a misguided hammer.
I've seen many CBCs of people who are not in perfect health, including mine. Do you mind sharing your CBC? I'd like to compare yours to mine and even discuss with you publicly the comparison in the hope of learning from it. Can we do that?

Rick K

I've seen many CBCs of people who are not in perfect health, including mine. Do you mind sharing your CBC? I'd like to compare yours to mine and even discuss with you publicly the comparison in the hope of learning from it. Can we do that?
Complete blood count? I haven't had any medical evaluation since 2016. I don't have a copy of that report anymore. Some doctor at a walk in clinic took blood. I rarely ever see doctors.

yerrag

Complete blood count? I haven't had any medical evaluation since 2016. I don't have a copy of that report anymore. Some doctor at a walk in clinic took blood. I rarely ever see doctors.
Nice to know you're not needing to see doctors.

Do you test anything at home? Temps, blood pressure, oxygen saturation , urine pH, respiration rate?

Add: Blood sugar?

Rick K

Nice to know you're not needing to see doctors.

Do you test anything at home? Temps, blood pressure, oxygen saturation , urine pH, respiration rate?

Add: Blood sugar?
Nothing. I just don't feel the need to quantity as everything is working well?.
Perhaps things will take a dive at some point. Right now I modify DHEA and progesterone and eat pretty well and train like a psycho. I don't sleep well but have suffered that malady for 30 years

Rick K

A very interesting article, which calls out the widespread usage of serotonergic drugs (usually SSRI), and argues that their widespread use may have created an "epidemic" of a chronic, milder version of the (in)famous serotonin syndrome (SS). Currently, mainstream medicine does not recognize chronic SS as a condition, and most ER doctors are inadequately trained how to diagnose even the acute, often-lethal, version of SS. Be that as it may, as the article states, the chronic milder version of SS is far from benign, it does not resolve by itself, and can unpredictably progress into the acute version of SS. In fact, the chronic version of SS may be much more pernicious and relevant for public health due to its prevalence and difficulty of diagnosing even by experienced physicians. Btw, many of the core symptoms of chronic SS mimic those of viral infections, including COVID-19. It has already been recognized that serotonin plays a role in the course of COVID-19 and contributes to both its morbidity and mortality. Considering that almost 20% of the US population takes antidepressants, it may very well be that many of the severe COVID-19 cases, and even deaths associated with the virus, are in fact acute exacerbations of chronic SS.

Chronic serotonin syndrome: A retrospective study
Indian culture, inability to express feelings and depression: explaining the complex relationship.

"...The study serves as an important reminded for psychiatrists to keep an eagle-eye approach for diagnosing chronic SS. SS typically presents within 24h of initiation of change in the dose of serotonergic agents, and it may evolve very rapidly, leading to death within a few hours. However, mild cases of SS (tremor with hyperreflexia and hypertonia) may be ignored by patients and doctors, and patients continue to take serotonergic drugs for a longer period. Such patients may represent the chronic variant of SS."
"...Generalized body pain, stiffness of the limbs, insomnia, dizziness, and irritability were the common presenting features. Such nonspecific symptoms are often ignored by patients, and even physicians do not take these symptoms seriously and attribute such symptoms to underlying primary disorders or associated somatic complaints or nonspecific drug-induced side effects. A diagnosis of SS is important even in mild and indolent form, as it is not supposed to resolve spontaneously as long as serotonergic drugs are administered. Furthermore, it may progress rapidly to death by an inadvertent increase of the dose or addition of another serotonergic agent. Take home message: The incidence of SS is increasing because of the widespread use of serotonergic drugs. There is a need to improve the awareness about SS among the physicians for early recognition and effective management.
First linked article mentions MB as a serotonergic agent. I wonder the daily dose required to obtain this effect.

Vileplume

Perhaps things will take a dive at some point. Right now I modify DHEA and progesterone and eat pretty well and train like a psycho. I don't sleep well but have suffered that malady for 30 years
Hi Rick, it’s awesome to hear that you’re doing so well. What dosage of progesterone and DHEA works best for your, currently?

Rick K

Hi Rick, it’s awesome to hear that you’re doing so well. What dosage of progesterone and DHEA works best for your, currently?
DHEA 5 mg thrice daily, progesterone 30 mg once daily

yerrag

How come with all that health, sleep is your kryptonite?

Rick K

How come with all that health, sleep is your kryptonite?
Dunno. I've tried various supplements but nothing really helps except a product called Somatamax. Something I've just learned to live with.

yerrag

Dunno. I've tried various supplements but nothing really helps except a product called Somatamax. Something I've just learned to live with.
What kind of sleep issues do you have? What do you think is the cause and what isn't?

Rick K

What kind of sleep issues do you have? What do you think is the cause and what isn't?
Just wake up frequently. Haven't quantified it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals