Maintaining Healthy Testosterone Without Weight Training

Davsey85

Hey i was curious if doing pushups 2/3 times a week in addition to eating something that is resembles the peterian diet t enough to maintain healthy testosterone levels through life as we get older.Or is it a requirement that one trains the lower body to maintain healthy t levels as we get older.I feel fine when i do 1 set of pushups every 48-72 hours but when i add other things like yesterday i grabbed a pair of 20 lb tires(farmers walk) in each hand and walked with for a few minutes close to failure and then did 1 set of chin ups.The load was light but I was tired and slept from midnight to 10:30.Not overtrained but i don't know why my need more sleep than usual only after a 10 minute workout like this.If i do something like 1 set of pushups or chopping wood or walking in park, or dancing i find that endorphins are released and find that i am good on 8 hours of sleep.My main issue is that i am looking for something to tap into masculinity so i sometimes pick up a 40 lb pack of water and just carry it around the house.I am hoping that this doesn't wipe me out doing something that as men we were supposed to be born to do picking up heavy things.If something requires more sleep from you does that mean it is bad for you?

Last thursday i did this workout and was wiped out the next couldn't even go to work. I had to take a 4 hour epsom salt bath and lay in a room for hours the next day.I felt awful and depressed.This was after I did 5X5 dips 5X5 front dips 5X5 behind the neck pull ups5X5 leg raises and felt high T afterwards for a couple of hours before crashing. The exercise was Neuromusclar training by Christopher Walker to stimulate Testosterone.I felt weak,lethargic and flu like symptoms the following day.At one point i felt weak like i had a body flu had to eat 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches just to not feel like i was going to pass out.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I am a huge fan of QiGong and often recommend it for burnout females and males. Getting the message out that less is more is a really hard concept for many to come to grips with. I think dance is a wonderful way to bring down cortisol levels. and the research that GiGong is able to increase testosterone levels is very impressive. Balance is important. If we work our bodies hard, then we must work equally hard in facilitating repair and rejuvenation.
Qigong Institute

i felt weak like i had a body flu had to eat 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches just to not feel like i was going to pass out.

If this is happening regularly, the liver may be having problems storing glycogen and you may need to eat more frequently. Sleeping more is a sign that the body requires more time and reserves to repair.

Yes men and women to should be able to pick up heavy things, push wheelbarrows up steep inclines and do labouring work without fatigue. However, if you are in a low metabolic state, the slightest activity can wipe you out.

theLaw

At one point i felt weak like i had a body flu had to eat 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches just to not feel like i was going to pass out.

Peanut Butter = 2 grams PUFA per tbsp......................not sure if you're on the correct forum.o_O

This is a forum that stresses a low PUFA diet.

Please be advised that if you're looking for a quick fix for increasing T...........this is definitely not the place.

Cheers!:D

Constatine

I would be more concerned with why your body can't handle exercise than testosterone.

hef911

christopher often recommends a minimalist training program, so the workload of your workout isn't already very high. Your work capacity is very low at the moment but i think you will adapt if you try the workout regimen more often. Doing pushups every 48 hours will do very little in terms of muscle building if you don't include some sort of progression in it. Building muscle in the long term will benefit your testosterone production the most, so i wouldn't skip training legs

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals