Low Progesterone Drives The Conception Of Twin (or More) Babies

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So eating more reduces progesterone? Or is it something in the feed that is reducing progesterone?

That's what was seen in cows - eating more burdened the liver and reduced progesterone synthesis. But cows eat a lot of grass and thus mostly PUFA in their diet, so this could explain why the liver as burdened and not the amount of food per se.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Related question for you Haidut and to others who may know. What's involved in people who have lots of boys, or nothing but girls?

One of my best friends has 4 kids and they're all boys, from 2 different women. I'm curious if that's pure luck or something else going on hormonally.

I don't know about having mostly/all boys but having mostly/all girls has been linked definitively to lower T levels in the father and higher levels of estrogenic endocrine disruptors in both mother and father. I suspect having mostly boys would be due to something like PCOS in mother (so high estrogen), since in women high estrogen tends to have a masculinizing effect.

InChristAlone

Wow so that explains it! But I always thought gender selection was due to timing of conception. If you have sex right after ovulation then the make sperm make it quicker, but if you did it before then there's more of a chance for the female sperm to make it.

I do know of a Mama who has 7 boys! It's nuts I think she keeps hoping...

tara

It's not a stretch to say that doping the African water table with progesterone would increase the quality of life better than any food aid.
I would expect that chronic hunger/poor nutrition/insecure food supply and various other conditions in exploited populations would tend to have detrimental effect on stress hormone profiles, quite possibly including ratios of progesterone to estrogen.
Estrogen tends to lower metabolism, which is likely a may be a pro-survival mechanism in famine conditions. You can't afford to run a high metabolism if there's not the fuel and other nutrition to sustain it.

I also think it's an unfair stretch to attribute your speculations here to Peat.

All of the speculation and vague generalizations about race mean nothing because they're just assumptions.
+1
Yes. There is one human race, and we are all in it. (Despite the blight of racism.)

I would expect that chronic hunger/poor nutrition/insecure food supply and various other conditions in exploited populations would tend to have detrimental effect on stress hormone profiles, quite possibly including ratios of progesterone to estrogen.
Estrogen tends to lower metabolism, which is likely a may be a pro-survival mechanism in famine conditions. You can't afford to run a high metabolism if there's not the fuel and other nutrition to sustain it.
That's a very good point. I also think that hypothtroidism might be selected for in Africa due to the high heat. Perhaps someone with a good metabolism who is running warm will overheat and die in africa. Would explain the languid nature of the continent. Lions spend the majority of their time lying in the shade.

Anyway you are begging the question. The reason they are chronically hungry and starving is because they have no forethought and will reproduce past the ecological holding limit. There are countries in africa that rely on food aid for over 50% of their food. That's not exploitation that's pure stupidity. These women will have children just so they can get more food from red cross. You will see healthy looking women holding starving babies with their ribs sticking out. I was born in Africa and I can tell you without a doubt that Africans are their own biggest enemy.

Aymen

what about having mostly girls who look alike and having the same voice but are not twins ?

InChristAlone

what about having mostly girls who look alike and having the same voice but are not twins ?
Look alike sisters is apparently pyroluria.

yourke

It might be, the question is, how large a 'part' does that 'partly' play? The radical right and genetic determinists would suggest near 0%, which clearly isn't true.

Even a cursory case study glance at demographics reveals the 'IQ and race' idea isn't as cracked up as some would have you believe. Take Singapore for example, average IQ of 108, and a population made up of 74% racially Chinese, 13.3% racially Malaysian, 9.1% racially Indian, and 3.3% Other. China has an average IQ of 104, Malaysia has an average IQ of 93, and India has an average IQ of 81. If race or genetics were the prime determinant of IQ, we would expect China to have a higher national IQ than Singapore, owing to the fact that there are more Chinese people in China (91% of the Chinese population is racially Chinese), and fewer Malaysian and Indian people, who have an average IQ lower than China. Yet that's not what the statistics or demographics reveal. Environmental factors take precedence.
Thats true. I live in Singapore, the amount of tutoring that kids have is incredible. The kids learn how to have the highest score. I have been told that in China the kids who are expected to have low IQ scores, are told to call in sick for the day of testing.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wow so that explains it! But I always thought gender selection was due to timing of conception. If you have sex right after ovulation then the make sperm make it quicker, but if you did it before then there's more of a chance for the female sperm to make it.

I do know of a Mama who has 7 boys! It's nuts I think she keeps hoping...

The timing of conception matters too, but given the recent increase (over the last 10 years) in girl/boy ratio I doubt it is all due to these couples somehow synchronizing their sexy times :):

Energizer

That's a very good point. I also think that hypothtroidism might be selected for in Africa due to the high heat. Perhaps someone with a good metabolism who is running warm will overheat and die in africa. Would explain the languid nature of the continent. Lions spend the majority of their time lying in the shade.

Anyway you are begging the question. The reason they are chronically hungry and starving is because they have no forethought and will reproduce past the ecological holding limit. There are countries in africa that rely on food aid for over 50% of their food. That's not exploitation that's pure stupidity. These women will have children just so they can get more food from red cross. You will see healthy looking women holding starving babies with their ribs sticking out. I was born in Africa and I can tell you without a doubt that Africans are their own biggest enemy.

Surely it has nothing to do with the geopolitics of Africa... Yes let's just blame it on people having too many babies. /s

Surely it has nothing to do with the geopolitics of Africa... Yes let's just blame it on people having too many babies. /s
More begging the question. The reason African nations have poor geopolitical relations with each other, within themselves, and with Europe is due to certain characteristics shared by most Africans.

Ah well beating a dead horse.

Energizer

More begging the question. The reason African nations have poor geopolitical relations with each other, within themselves, and with Europe is due to certain characteristics shared by most Africans.

Nevermind the countless times Africa has been invaded and the fact that much of Africa's economies are dependent on American/European corporations (due to globalization and colonization), the reason for poverty is all due to "characteristics shared by most Africans". That is reductionist thinking at its finest. The reasons for food shortages and poverty is best articulated by Hergen Junge on Quora, I'm just going to quote the full response because it sums things up pretty well (my bold):

Poor can mean two things: (1) You are not swimming in luxury. (2) You cannot sustain life and survive. If we take the second meaning Africans have not been poor most of the time. As the cradle of humankind Africa has supplied more generations of survival artists than any other continent that can be considered to be a fact.

Anybody who believes in sustainability will have to redefine poor and rich. Why not a simple but rewarding life instead of gorging on abundance?

Colonialism 1.0 used Africa for Gold, Ivory and Slaves (cf. Gold, Ivory and Slave Coast). The slaves were needed for the plantation and mining industry (cotton, sugar, coffee, cocoa, sugar) because Amerindians were unsuitable). Even if land was claimed by European kings the Danish, Dutch and British East Indian Companies were and their private armies that did the colonizing. The Triangular Trade was about hiring indigenous enslaving armies.

Colonialism 2.0 or the Scramble for Africa excluded rival Western colonizers. A colonial state needed administration and infrastructures (even in the form of education). But all of this was merely a collateral benefit for Africans. The aim was to grab things as quickly as possible. Africans were burdened with tribute payments and the obligation to supply cheap labour.

Colonialism 3.0 started when formal colonialism stopped from the 1960s to the early 1990s. This was a blessing for the neocolonialists: They were no longer obliged to pay for infrastructures. They could blame indigenous rulers for corruption (when they were bribed by Western and now also Asian powers), incompetence and tribalism. The corporations and their private armies came back and were even more inclined to treat Africa like an orange: squeeze it and chuck away the useless skin.

In this case, the curse of being resource rich has come into being. Angola is rich in diamonds and oil. Many corporations want them. So they pay the political elite to let them rip as many resources as they can as quickly as possible. Since the Cold War days contesting powers have poured arms into the continent that then weaponised an ever-lasting civil war. Some people raked in profits for arm sales as well as cheap labour and raw materials.

Similar things have happened in the Congo for a much longer time. Mark Twain´s King Leopold´s Soliloquy portrays the onslaught of rubber. Van Reybroukh and Adam Hochschild have written up-dates on that.

Patrick Bond and Mahmood Mamdani have written in-depth analyses.

We in the West should be better informed about both colonialism and poverty. Having a few darker-complexioned friends, dancing reggar and salsa and eating biltong proves that you are not a racist. We should begin to understand what has been going on since, say, 1492 and teach that to the next generation so that they are less ignorant about the continent we have all come from aboriginally.

Listen to Johnny Clegg and Savuka´s Scatterlings of Africa. You will enjoy it.

main-qimg-c6757e8bc9242a3dcef276bfe9aa393f-c

Africa as a self-service shop for non-Africans. Some of the countries have enough Lions for Western tourist influx. And you can send your know-it-alls there, too.

In the mean time, some books to read.

Bond, P. (2006). Talk Left, Walk Right: South Africa’s Frustrated Global Reforms (second edition). Pietermaritzburg:University of KwaZulu-Natal Press.

Bond, P. (2006). Looting Africa: the Economics of Exploitation. London: Zed Books and Pietermaritzburg: University of KwaZulu-Natal Press.

Achille Mbembe, On the Postcolony

Walter Rodney, How Europe Underdeveloped Africa (had he not been assassinated in Cold War Times he would hav been able to up-date this book)

Basil Davidson. Black Man´s Burden

The blog “Africa is a country” is great.

Africa is facing a shortage of food and water in many countries due to droughts. Africa is experiencing a glut of weapons (paradoxically always available even when essentials are scarce) that fosters the growth of a warlord economy. Causes are manifold. Since this continent was colonized almost completely, still has Western fingers in most pies and since the West has not excelled in decolonizing the former colonizers and has inadequately assisted the previously colonized in their self-decolonizing process we cannot absolve the “postimperialists” from their responsibility. When Brits and Frenchmen do apologetic auditioning and always produce black figures as sum total = benign colonialism - I disbelieve them. This is like Trump grading himself for hurricane disaster management. It is the afflicted that have to do the grading.

Being German I declare myself an heir and thus accountable forthe genocidal crushings of the Maji Maji and the Herero-Nama risings. This, however, is merely a component of the scrambling of the continent.

Africa´s fate has been researched but this has not really reached schools, tabloids and everyday awareness.

It has become fashionable in populist times to moan and lament Western suffering and unfair treatment. Black and brown supremacists should be ashamed of soiling the good name of us Westerners, who carry the white man´s burden to spread civilization globally. That refugees sweep into our homelands is as deplorable as the attack of extraterrestials in the Hollywood blockbusters. Insecurity, thy name is extraAmerican.

Last edited:

Johnniboy123

Let me just ask You a Sincere question....

If we transported the population of Nigeria to Japan, and Japan's to Nigeria , and give it 100 years....

Would Japan still be a first world highly civilized technological power, and Nigeria Still a 4rt world Hellhole?

Honest answers please.

REOSIRENS

You seem to have poor knowledge of geopolitics and history... It was Europeans who created countries were certain tribes that despised each other had to live together...

Check African countries geography and see the straight lines of children

REOSIRENS

Let me just ask You a Sincere question....

If we transported the population of Nigeria to Japan, and Japan's to Nigeria , and give it 100 years....

Would Japan still be a first world highly civilized technological power, and Nigeria Still a 4rt world Hellhole?

Honest answers please.
You are not reading Dr Raymond Peat work...he mentions playfulness as positive health factor...Japan has high levels of antidepressant consumption and Nigeria has low levels... Rate of suicide in Nigeria very low and in the Japan is high .... Dr Raymond Peat has mentioned that Western industrialization is damaging society health...

People in central Africa are very energetic and seem to have very high testosterone levels I don't know where you people are getting the high estrogen thing... If they are high in estrogen so they are less fertile...and in nigeria birth rates are higher than in Japan(aging society)... Nigeria athletes here in Europe the ones I know are physically gifted and I don't see japanese people with that physical performance...

People in low latitude counties have higher levels of progesterone since light exposure increase progesterone and testosterone levels

In central africa summer is all year

InChristAlone

You are not reading Dr Raymond Peat work...he mentions playfulness as positive health factor...Japan has high levels of antidepressant consumption and Nigeria has low levels... Rate of suicide in Nigeria very low and in the Japan is high .... Dr Raymond Peat has mentioned that Western industrialization is damaging society health...

People in central Africa are very energetic and seem to have very high testosterone levels I don't know where you people are getting the high estrogen thing... If they are high in estrogen so they are less fertile...and in nigeria birth rates are higher than in Japan(aging society)... Nigeria athletes here in Europe the ones I know are physically gifted and I don't see japanese people with that physical performance...

People in low latitude counties have higher levels of progesterone since light exposure increase progesterone and testosterone levels

Great post!

Japan > Nigeria by a longshot. Its hard for ngerians to take antidepressants when they can barely find food

REOSIRENS

Japan > Nigeria by a longshot. Its hard for ngerians to take antidepressants when they can barely find food
Your ignorance is quite profound you don't know Nigeria... Nigeria economy almost catched south Africa in terms gdp years ago ... Nigerians are able to buy smartphones but not antidepressants? They just don't need to take this poison...there is poverty there but so in America... People in Nigeria don't die from hunger ...try to know things first please... If you think you can understand the world around just watching TV and checking internet than you will live in ignorance

We are talking about progesterone not speaking about food... Nigerian people that emigrate to Europe don't look undernourished or coming from hungry nation ...

PS: go to Nigeria capital and you will see people with smartphones better than yours and cars more expensive than yours

Nigeria is Rich in natural resources... with Congo they are the few countries with some rare metalic minerals essential for tech industry

Take Nigeria and Congo away and your electronics (medical appliances included) would cost 15% more

Another thing... you didnt answer... Why Nigeria with more financial troubles the suicide rate is low and Japan a well off country it is high?

Is it because killing yourself is more expensive?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals