Low Progesterone Drives The Conception Of Twin (or More) Babies

REOSIRENS

We are talking about progesterone not material riches as means of superiority

Studies are showing that levels of depression are very high in rich countries and very low in tropical countries... So if progesterone and testosterone are protective against depression you can draw your own conclusions

D

danishispsychic

I have always wondered about what causes some people to have twins (e.g. twinning), and why fertility treatments for women often result in much higher chance of twinning or even higher number of babies. While the "unassisted" conception of twins is usually explained away as being genetically driven, the reason why female fertility treatments dramatically increase chance of having more than one baby is currently labelled as "unknown". I have long suspected that the synthetic estrogen clomiphene and the hormone GNRH and hCG (all of which are commonly used in female fertility treatments) are somehow involved. The reason this is important is that while parents may be quite happy to have 2 or more babies after years of infertility, conceiving more than 1 baby is actually considered not a pathological sign by some doctors, and results in much higher risks of chronic disease for both the offsprings and the mother.
This article below shows that, at least in cows, low progesterone is the driving factor behind twinning. While in cows apparently the cause of low progesterone is excessive food consumption, the article hints that other interventions like prostaglandins and estrogen treatments (Ovsynch) have the same effect. That is not surprising as both prostaglandins and estrogens lower progesterone synthesis.

https://www.dairyherd.com/article/twinning-increases-high-production
"...While there may be a genetic predilection for twinning in the Holstein breed, most of the problem has to do with low progesterone levels at the time of ovulation. And that is being driven by the high rate of feed intake high producing cows need to sustain stratospheric levels of milk production. High producing cows will eat well over 50 lb of dry matter per day, and well over 100 lb of feed on an as-fed basis. These high rates of feed intake increase blood flow through the liver, which in turn reduces the amount of progesterone circulating in the blood. Low progesterone, in turn, results in higher rates of double ovulation. Double ovulation does result in higher conception rates, but also more pregnancy losses – and more twins. “It’s all about progesterone,” says Fricke. “It’s like you turn on a switch.” At about 40 kilograms of milk production (88 lb), about 25% of cows double ovulate. At 50 kg of milk production (110 lb), more than half of cows will double ovulate."
I am a twin and also a DES grand baby and also both my parents had/have thyroid issues . My mother had 9 miscarriages before the twins happened. She also had crap thyroid doctors.

Your ignorance is quite profound you don't know Nigeria... Nigeria economy almost catched south Africa in terms gdp years ago ... Nigerians are able to buy smartphones but not antidepressants? They just don't need to take this poison...there is poverty there but so in America... People in Nigeria don't die from hunger ...try to know things first please... If you think you can understand the world around just watching TV and checking internet than you will live in ignorance

We are talking about progesterone not speaking about food... Nigerian people that emigrate to Europe don't look undernourished or coming from hungry nation ...

PS: go to Nigeria capital and you will see people with smartphones better than yours and cars more expensive than yours

Nigeria is Rich in natural resources... with Congo they are the few countries with some rare metalic minerals essential for tech industry

Take Nigeria and Congo away and your electronics (medical appliances included) would cost 15% more

Another thing... you didnt answer... Why Nigeria with more financial troubles the suicide rate is low and Japan a well off country it is high?

Is it because killing yourself is more expensive?

Nigeria was in the news recently for being the country with the highest rate of poverty in the world.

But you are correct there are people with nice phones and fancy cars in the major cities.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am a twin and also a DES grand baby and also both my parents had/have thyroid issues . My mother had 9 miscarriages before the twins happened. She also had crap thyroid doctors.

My goodness, 9 miscarriages! Sorry about your family's travails. Respect for the woman who keeps trying after so many traumatic experiences!
Have they considered suing for the DES administration? I think there is a special fund administered by the feds to compensate DES victims who file lawsuits. Similar to the vaccine side effects compensation fund.

D

danishispsychic

My goodness, 9 miscarriages! Sorry about your family's travails. Respect for the woman who keeps trying after so many traumatic experiences!
Have they considered suing for the DES administration? I think there is a special fund administered by the feds to compensate DES victims who file lawsuits. Similar to the vaccine side effects compensation fund.
Yes, my mother was an awesome woman. She basically had " no " thyroid , not sure how that happened ( Hashimotos? ) - but she was amazing and a Mensa member, writer and educator . I considered suing , but really I not feeling it- also, I don't really want more money to be honest. What I do though is try to help others and inform about it. I do believe that it has caused my estro dominance and other issues that I have had hormonally. My fraternal twin has a whole different body and issues and we are only 6 mins apart. Taken by C section at 7 months, put into an incubator for a month . Her doctor told her " not " to breast feed us. OY. Talk about gut issues and separation anxiety. Luckily , I do come from some hardy stock but in general my immune system is as sensitive as my empathic and psychic abilities. I grew up in the " thyroid issue " household with lots of talk about it . :)

Read Ray's articles on intelligence, he addresses IQ testing, and how it has been used to discriminate against immigrants originally and questioned their meaningfulness. He also talks about the scientific climate and how hundreds of Nazi's that were alive and part of engineering "The Final Solution" during the Holocaust still contribute to the scientific environment (he commonly mentions Konrad Lorenz as an example).

The word genetics itself has been a re-branding from eugenics after the embarrassment of the Holocaust in Nazi Germany and elsewhere. In interviews he has also addressed "The Bell Curve" and called Charles Murray a "real idiot at Harvard." All of the speculation and vague generalizations about race mean nothing because they're just assumptions. Those of you who still believe in genetic determinism, I also recommend checking out Mind and Tissue, the entire book is a rebuke of genetic determinism.

This is a classic progressive argument against the validity of IQ testing and it doesn't hold water in the 21st century. Today, Nazi's don't matter and neither does immigrant policy targeting non-Anglo Europeans. Update your arguments, because the field of psychometry has definitely advanced since 1950 or whenever that canard was first born.

IQ is an abstraction, and as long as we remember that it is an abstraction, it's not dangerous. It has some predictive value, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Related question for you Haidut and to others who may know. What's involved in people who have lots of boys, or nothing but girls?

One of my best friends has 4 kids and they're all boys, from 2 different women. I'm curious if that's pure luck or something else going on hormonally.

My extremely anecdotal observation is that all-girl families occur with a father that is stressed/estrogenic/hypothyroid.

Stephen Chang in Tao of Sexology offers a different explanation -- or methodology, at least. The sex of the child is determined by the timing of male ejaculation and female arousal. A boy is selected if ejaculation occurs before full female arousal. The acidity in the vaginal canal selects for Y chromosome sperm, which swim faster.

It's likely that the health of both the man and the woman contribute to this selection process. On the man's side, semen and sperm quality will determine how well his sperm can navigate to the ovum. On the woman's side, the pH modulation and normal condition of her vaginal canal will determine this. Possibly other things are involved, too.

Perhaps if both partners are in normal health it's a 50/50 shot?

T

tca300

My mother-in-law smoked during her pregnancy with my wife. She ( my wife ) was never was breast fed, and grew up on cheetos, taco bell, and chicken nuggets for the most part. She's had under eye edema since about 12, and when we got married her resting pulse was 122 bpm. She use to have bouts of hypoxia that led to passing out as well.

We have twin girls :lol: ( identical not fraternal )

P.s They dont eat the way she does/did. Statistically they should have had been sick ( cold/flu combined ) at least 35 times by now but have only had a mild runny nose for about 2 days when they were about 6 months old. I think a good diet can be very powerful. Also they were born about 7 weeks early, my wife had an absolutely terrible diet while pregnant with them, and they had to spend a whole month in the neonatal clinic before we were allowed to bring them home.

Last edited by a moderator:

lvysaur

Stephen Chang in Tao of Sexology offers a different explanation -- or methodology, at least. The sex of the child is determined by the timing of male ejaculation and female arousal. A boy is selected if ejaculation occurs before full female arousal. The acidity in the vaginal canal selects for Y chromosome sperm, which swim faster.
Do you have a link to his article?

meatbag

More twins are being born than ever before
-

More twins are being born than ever before​

Twin births are multiplying, a new study finds. Worldwide, more twins are being born now than ever before.

Since the 1980s, the rate of twin births worldwide has increased by more than 30%, from 9 twin births per 1,000 deliveries in 1980-1985, to 12 twin births per 1,000 deliveries in 2010-2015.

What's more, the absolute number of twin deliveries increased by 42% during this period — from 1.1 million twin deliveries in the early 1980s to 1.6 million deliveries in the early 2010s. For comparison, the total number of births worldwide increased by only 8% during the same period.

Ideonaut

I am a twin and can have always thought that it is generally a defect, just as younger siblings are generally inferior. This twin talk makes me think of the strange case of Fortunato Zanfretta, the Italian guy who was abducted by big green aliens circa 1980. Zanfretta's Alien Abduction - Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon - Unexplained Mysteries
According to a book I read about his case, he was the youngest of 13 siblings. His mother had had 6 sets of twins and then him. Perhaps the aliens had a hand in that!

Beastmode

A colleague of mine has 10 year old and 1 year old twin boys.

She was close to 40 years old with the second set of boys.

I guess the older a woman is the more likely she might have twins based on this thread.

Missenger

Funny how inflammation can cause such a basic thing, whether it's from the environment or merchants just blatantly destroying populations with their policies.