Low Platelets, Small Liver, High Liver Enzymes

thats my dog. Any suggestions as to supplements?

Trying t3 and T4, progesterone pregnenolone and taurine. Maybe k2?

lindsay

What is your pups diet like currently? And how old is your dog? Maybe feeding your dog actual liver will help. My dog loves the stuff. But all of the things you mentioned sound good. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of T3/T4 do you give your dog? I want to start giving my dog thyroid and see if he can come off the immunosuppressant he is taking, as I know they are not good long term.

lindsay

Additionally, it's possible that antibiotics might help (since it is sometimes caused by infection), but I am not sure.

OP
ecstatichamster
What is your pups diet like currently? And how old is your dog? Maybe feeding your dog actual liver will help. My dog loves the stuff. But all of the things you mentioned sound good. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of T3/T4 do you give your dog? I want to start giving my dog thyroid and see if he can come off the immunosuppressant he is taking, as I know they are not good long term.

yeah our dog is 7. Has always had allergies. Diet is raw meat, veggies etc. Liver once or twice a week. We stupidly stuffed her with fish oil earlier on but that ended about 6 months ago. Using Blue Sky Peptide, which is what I'm taking.

DaveFoster

Dr. Stanley Bass is a great fan of fasting. He tells of two groups either cats or dogs, (can't remember exactly), who were fed a raw meat diet, and who were fasted one day per week. The one's who did both of these were never sick; if you left out either the raw meat or the fasting, then they occasionally became sick.

I'm not recommending this; it just came to mind. Hope for the best for you and your dog.

honeybee

thats my dog. Any suggestions as to supplements?

Trying t3 and T4, progesterone pregnenolone and taurine. Maybe k2?
I gave my dog milk thistle with meals for a couple of weeks to clean up his liver. He was experiencing some sort of seizure or shaking episodes.it worked. The vet was clueless wanted to put him on anti seiz meds. No side effects that I can see. I give him one pill occasionally for maintenece since he also takes rimadyl for arthritis. My dog is 14 and in reasonably good health for a senior pup.
Also give my pups liver or liverwurst whateverI have on hand.
They get milk and sometimes a little sugar in their food. They love both. Oh and cheese. Actually any kind of dairy they love. I sometimes refer to them as baby cows.

PakPik

Paraphrasing Peat: I've seen people with terminal cirrhosis, after 6 months of using sat fat, thyroid, and in some cases progesterone, the doctors s saw no evidence of cirrhosis left even tough the liver had been enlarged and rubbery. (KMUD Thyroid and Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Part 1)

OP
ecstatichamster
I gave my dog milk thistle with meals for a couple of weeks to clean up his liver. He was experiencing some sort of seizure or shaking episodes.it worked. The vet was clueless wanted to put him on anti seiz meds. No side effects that I can see. I give him one pill occasionally for maintenece since he also takes rimadyl for arthritis. My dog is 14 and in reasonably good health for a senior pup.
Also give my pups liver or liverwurst whateverI have on hand.
They get milk and sometimes a little sugar in their food. They love both. Oh and cheese. Actually any kind of dairy they love. I sometimes refer to them as baby cows.

she's been on milkthisle for quite awhile. I took her off of it. Our vet is a full on DVM but holistic and very good, but typically clueless IMHO although not damaging the way purely medical vets are.

lindsay

yeah our dog is 7. Has always had allergies. Diet is raw meat, veggies etc. Liver once or twice a week. We stupidly stuffed her with fish oil earlier on but that ended about 6 months ago. Using Blue Sky Peptide, which is what I'm taking.

Our dog has bad allergies too (hence the immunosuppressant). We were feeding him raw food, but he was having hard stools, so I switched to cooking him food again and he LOVES his cooked food. I usually buy him Buffalo meat now, or beef, and cook it in the crock pot with kale, potatoes and/or beets (which are good for detoxing the liver). I cook it in broth with gelatin and he loves it so much and it's so easy to make, I don't think we will go back to his raw food. We gave him fish oil early on too, but that's when his skin allergies worsened. I stopped the raw food because I thought he needed more carbs in his diet. I also feed him eggs and sugar and fruit sometimes - he loves everything though. Will eat oranges, mangoes, apples - almost any fruit or veggie you offer him. And of course he loves cheese and dairy, so I always give him some. I think dogs are closer to humans in their food needs, but they need more SFA. I would definitely give your dog some butter or CO since SFA is protective against liver cirrhosis in humans with alcoholism (at least, that's what RP has said). But thanks for the Blue Peptide info.! I just ordered some to try myself today and plan to give it to our cocker spaniel. Does Blue Peptide make T4 too?

Also, I give my dog one baby aspirin (enteric coated) every day to help with his ear, which gets chronic ear infections. It definitely helps with swelling, but not sure it would help with the liver.

I hope your pup finds healing soon!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals