LOW-FAT FAT RECIPES for CANCER & More

OP
Rinse & rePeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Some studies show that dietary starch, rather than fat, is associated with breast cancer. Starch strongly stimulates insulin secretion, and insulin stimulates the formation of estrogen.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Estrogen is formed in fat cells under the influence of cortisol, and this formation is suppressed by progesterone and thyroid. Postmenopausal obesity is associated with increased estrogen and breast cancer. The prevention of weight gain, and supplementation with thyroid and progesterone if necessary, should be protective against many types of cancer, especially breast, kidney, and uterine cancer.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In conclusion, the induction of apoptosis in various cancer cells by propolis extracts (WSP) and its enriched active compounds, such as CAPE and chrysin, are dependent on the concentration of the products used. Propolis appears to induce apoptosis through the release of cytochrome c from the mitochondria to the cytosol, mediated through the caspase cascade and activation of pro-apoptotic proteins.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Apitherapy is the use of honeybee products – such as their honey, pollen, propolis, royal jelly and venom – for therapeutic purposes. It is a branch of alternative medicine that dates back thousands of years, with the apparent benefits of honeybee products discussed in religious texts such as the Bible and the Quran.1

If you've recently tuned into the Netflix documentary (Un)Well, you'll know that Apitherapy has been discussed with scepticism due to its association with the growing "wellness" trend, with Gwyneth Paltrow's controversial lifestyle brand Goop being just one of the platforms that praise it.

But a specific component of bee venom – melittin – has received attention in the oncology research community over recent years due to several scientific studies demonstrating its antitumoral effects in cancers such as glioblastoma, leukemia and cervical cancer.2,3,4 However, the molecular mechanisms behind such effects and the impact of bee venom on cancer signaling pathways remain elusive.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Both preventively and therapeutically, the use of the antiinflammatory and antioxidative substances such as aspirin, caffeine, progesterone, and thyroid hormone would seem appropriate. Aspirin is coming to be widely accepted as an anticancer agent, and at moderate doses can cause cancer cells to die. It, like progesterone and thyroid, has a wide variety of anti-estrogenic effects. Especially when a tumor is painfully inflamed, aspirin’s effects can be quick and dramatic. However, people aren’t likely to be pleased if their cancer doctor tells them to “take aspirin and call me in six months.” Aspirin’s reputation for causing stomach bleeding causes people to avoid it, even when the alternative is something that’s seriously toxic to other organs, and it might just seem too ordinary to be considered as a powerful anticancer drug.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Because of the toxic (carcinogenic, and anti-respiratory) effects of the “essential fatty acids,” which are usually stored in the tissues in very large quantities, it’s important to avoid the stresses or hunger that would release the fats into the blood stream. Estrogens and adrenalin and serotonin and growth hormone, and prolonged darkness, increase the release of the free fatty acids. Frequent meals, including some saturated fats such as coconut oil, and a balance of protein, sugars, and salts, will minimize the release of stored fats.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Many studies over the last 30 years have shown caffeine to be highly protective against all kinds of carcinogenesis, including estrogen’s carcinogenic effects on the breast. Caffeine is now being used along with some of the standard cancer treatments, to improve their effects or to reduce their side effects. There are substances in the coffee berry besides caffeine that protect against mutations and cancer, and that have shown strong therapeutic effects against cancer. Although many plant substances are protective against mutations and cancer, I don’t know of any that is as free of side effects as coffee.” - Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When Albert Schweitzer operated his clinic in tropical Africa, he said it was many years before he saw any cases of cancer, and he believed that the appearance of cancer was caused by the change to the European type of diet. In the l920s, German researchers showed that mice on a fat-free diet were practically free of cancer. Since then, many studies have demonstrated a very close association between consumption of unsaturated oils and the incidence of cancer.” Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The cholesterol-lowering fiasco for a long time centered on the ability of unsaturated oils to slightly lower serum cholesterol. For years, the mechanism of that action wasn't known, which should have suggested caution. Now, it seems that the effect is just one more toxic action, in which the liver defensively retains its cholesterol, rather than releasing it into the blood. Large scale human studies have provided overwhelming evidence that whenever drugs, including the unsaturated oils, were used to lower serum cholesterol, mortality increased, from a variety of causes including accidents, but mainly from cancer.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Furthermore, breathing in the sawdust or smoke of wood that has been treated with the metal can also lead to toxicity. Beyond the feeling of “pins and needles” in hands and feet, toxicity decreases the production of red and white blood cells, causes abnormal heart rhythm, and damages blood vessels.”

“Likewise, inhaling inorganic arsenic increases the risk of lung cancer. Some forms of arsenic can also act as a metalloestrogen within the body (Darbre 2006).”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“methylation
Listen to pronunciation
(MEH-thuh-LAY-shun)

A chemical reaction in the body in which a small molecule called a methyl group gets added to DNA, proteins, or other molecules. The addition of methyl groups can affect how some molecules act in the body. For example, methylation of the DNA sequence of a gene may turn the gene off so it does not make a protein. Changes in the methylation patterns of genes or proteins can affect a person’s risk of developing a disease, such as cancer.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This was posted by J.R.K, elsewhere….

“As most people on the forum probably know, caffeine is an adenosine antagonist and powerfully reduces adenosine levels inside the cell. In addition, Peat has several articles where he explains the various anti-cancer effects of caffeine. Furthermore, a quick search on PubMed shows several thousand studies on caffeine as treatment of various cancers. Obviously, mostly animal studies but still pretty telling.
I am not sure what caffeine dosages would be required to replicate the effects in the study below, but animal studies with caffeine for cancer treatment use doses equivalent to human doses of 600mg-1,200mg daily. Peat has said himself that he takes about 1,200mg caffeine daily.“

frannybananny

“The vicious cycles that promote cancer can be interrupted to some extent simply by reducing exposure to things that promote stress and inflammation--endotoxin, polyunsaturated fats, amino acid imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, ionizing radiation, estrogens--and maintaining optimal levels of things that protect against those--carbon dioxide, vitamin E, progesterone, light, aspirin, sugars, and thyroid hormone, for example.” -Ray Peat

The basis of Ray Peat’s studies is on fats, and particularly the polyunsaturated “PUFA ones. Their man made appearance in our food chain can be traced back to the fast decline of the world’s health. Though avoiding them is crucial to getting ourselves separated from where the rest of the world is held hostage, it is only a first step to getting far away from disaster. Obesity and cancer are the biggest problems, and those with deep pockets and big bellies cleverly set up store fronts telling everybody to take “this and that” with their snake oil cures, and fervently contradict everything that science has proven to be true. The point of this post is to point out that, though coconut oil and animal fats are better fats, fats still cause problems. I for one find fats important for my skin and joints, but for those fighting cancer and weight related degenerative conditions, they are feeding those issues. Sugar is not the problem in our society it is fats. This post is for those that believe that. If you don’t then move on. I am here to help figure out how to help our forum member friends (you know who are:), and their loved ones dealing with cancer and weight frustrations that are causing life threatening conditions. To start this thread I am posting some photos of foods that I have made that are low in fat. I will post recipes and new creations as I put my mind to this need.

Rinse & rePeat:

“Do you think 40 to 50 grams of protein is too much protein having cancer? Is gelatin, nonfat milk and potato good sources of protein to eat with cancer?”

RAY PEAT:
“If the protein is limited to those, and your other calories are from carbohydrates (not fats), that amound should be safe.”

In this thread I will also try and keep protein lower. This is also something that people on a limited budget can appreciate, and with cost of meat continuing to rise we may all need this thread eventually. In our present day quality not quantity is more important than ever.

"People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat.”
-Ray Peat
Thanks for posting pictures of some of your finished recipes again. When I click on the attachment all that I get is the photo.... do you have the actual recipes somewhere?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks for posting pictures of some of your finished recipes again. When I click on the attachment all that I get is the photo.... do you have the actual recipes somewhere?
These are my main recipe threads. If you are inquiring about a certain photo let me know and I can help find it or work on posting the recipe for you. Maybe I should work on putting together a basic “Peaty” recipe book.

frannybananny

These are my main recipe threads. If you are inquiring about a certain photo let me know and I can help find it or work on posting the recipe for you. Maybe I should work on putting together a basic “Peaty” recipe book.

Thank you so much!! This is an invaluable resource and yes, I do think you should make a Peaty recipe book! If it is an eBook I would download it! Your recipes are easy to follow and so scrumptuous! Thanks again!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thank you so much!! This is an invaluable resource and yes, I do think you should make a Peaty recipe book! If it is an eBook I would download it! Your recipes are easy to follow and so scrumptuous! Thanks again!
Hearing that Franny makes me want to create more! Thank you for appreciating me 😘

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“…German researchers found that a fat-free diet prevented almost all spontaneous cancers in rats. Later work showed that the polyunsaturated fats both initiate and promote cancer.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
And yet they still sell tons of cod liver based “fish oil” capsules in every store….

“Between the first and second world wars, cod liver oil was recommended as a vitamin supplement, at first as a source of vitamin A, and later as a source of vitamins A and D. But in the late 1940s, experimenters used it as the main fat in dogs' diet, and found that they all died from cancer, while the dogs on a standard diet had only a 5% cancer mortality. That sort of information, and the availability of synthetic vitamins, led to the decreased use of cod liver oil.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals