Low Back Trouble - Degraded Discs

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

@shine Palmitoylethanolamide looks like a winner on two counts for me & something I'm going to have to try. I had the iridotomy laser surgery & 'd love to get off of the multiple eye drops I currently have to use.

@Gone Peating I'm with you. Mangnesium salt baths make me feel good.

Andman

if you want some quick tips for exercises you should check out athlean-x on youtube, has a few good ones on back pain without the sit-on-a-lacrosse-ball-for-2hours stuff

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Thanks @Andman some of his tuff popped up as suggestions when looking at other suggestions mentioned here

Dave Clark

And, if you haven't tried it, PEMF therapy can help with back pain, and some studies suggest it may help rebuild spinal discs. These are affordable devices that work. I use the Big Magic, but there is a portable unit as well.
Videos - MiraMate
Also, there was a Russian study that showed disc improvement with purified chondroitin.
Plus, some people have reduced back pain using MSM, which is basically an oral form of DMSO, that which can be used topically, but get pharma grade DMSO, not industrial grade.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Thanks @Dave Clark I'll look into PEMF devices.

I bought some msm a while back but was put off it due to talk of increased insomnia and reduced libido.
I didn't realise DMSO was so closely related.

achillea

Does anyone have anything to offer for low back pain related to degraded discs?

Confirmed by MRI and potentially at the root of my insomnia?

Option to fuse two vertebrae is out as discs above and below not good enough.
Not something I see discussed much here. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Prolotherapy

Dave Clark

Speaking of prolotherapy. There are some ozone doctors that combine that with prolozone, which is an injection of ozone and other things like procaine and some nutrients. I have heard that people get some good results regarding spinal rehabilitation. Ozone doctors are not plentiful, but worth looking into.

tac a wah

Personally I've seen very real relief of LOWER BACK pain, including diagnosed degenerated DISC issues, by the use of "quality" HYDRANGEA ROOT, Capsules or Extract. I can testify to literally hundreds of grateful HOMO SAPIENS receiving help with this.

belcanto

If you still have some disc material left, think about getting stem cell injections. My husband had four problems in his knee on MRI - torn ACL, torn medial meniscus, chondromalacia (thinning of the cartilage), and osteoarthritis. He had stem cells followed by PRP a week later. He went for many months completely pain-free. About a year or 18 months later he got some of the arthritis pain back in his knee, but seldom wears a brace anymore. He treats the OA in the knee with CBD oil and doesn't hurt! I wish he had done stretching of his knee joints following this, but at least he's not hurting now.

I do know there are physicians who have successfully injected stem cells into the spine for pain relief, and it's a whole lot less invasive than surgery! https://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-...tive-intervertebral-disk-disease/mqc-20437990

Best of success to you.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Some great suggestions - thanks all

@ecstatichamster I think it may have been better when I was taking borax regularly. I'll have to test that out again.

@belcanto Stem cells sounds interesting, not sure how much help I'd get from UK NHS on that one.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

@Rick_F I bought the 'Treat Your Own Back' book & have been doing the exercises for a couple of weeks. The difference is remarkable. I'm not sure my situation can 'fixed' entirely but I'm probably 80% better. Probably at least as effective as my osteopath sessions.

I'm pretty happy considering a consultant surgeon suggested he would normally operate & fuse two vertebrae but my discs either side of the joint weren't good enough.

inthedark

@Rick_F I bought the 'Treat Your Own Back' book & have been doing the exercises for a couple of weeks. The difference is remarkable. I'm not sure my situation can 'fixed' entirely but I'm probably 80% better. Probably at least as effective as my osteopath sessions.

I'm pretty happy considering a consultant surgeon suggested he would normally operate & fuse two vertebrae but my discs either side of the joint weren't good enough.

I’m glad it helped, I think I originally found the book through an old post on this forum actually. It blew my mind how much of a difference those simple exercises could make, and now if I feel a resurgence of the pain, doing the exercises provides pretty fast relief.

MichaelY

Nubax Trio, look it up and watch the videos to decide if its for you. Its like an inversion table but different. Best $300 I ever spent 10 years ago.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals