Light And Hypothyroidism – Cure Or Cause? (That Depends)

Makrosky

I'm so glad the advice I've been giving recently on the LLLT threads about being very careful and NOT TO EXPERIMENT with red light and hormones AT THE SAME TIME to isolate the effects of each are valid and good advice after all.

papaya

I'm so glad the advice I've been giving recently on the LLLT threads about being very careful and NOT TO EXPERIMENT with red light and hormones AT THE SAME TIME to isolate the effects of each are valid and good advice after all.
I'm so confused, does this mean that I shouldn't use red light on my thyroid, or just not at the same time I take my ndt? Ugh, I just ordered the 12w Abi 660 red light.

Makrosky

I'm so confused, does this mean that I shouldn't use red light on my thyroid, or just not at the same time I take my ndt? Ugh, I just ordered the 12w Abi 660 red light.
I would not use NDT and Redlight at the same time until you know exactly how to properly dose each and how they affect you. Both are powerful aids for thyroid and both can have sideeffects. That's what I'm saying but it's just my point of view. I would start with only NDT, see how it feels to have a better thyroid metabolism. Learn how much you need. And tonce you have a solid base for that then you can transition from NDT to redlight.

OP
S

Sucrates

I think red/near infrared light is very useful when dosed properly. I think you'd need to dose either carefully. That would be more difficult using both together, though perhaps if one was stable it could be done.

Makrosky

I think red/near infrared light is very useful when dosed properly. I think you'd need to dose either carefully. That would be more difficult using both together, though perhaps if one was stable it could be done.
What are your latest thoughts about a right dose for thyroid?

OP
S

Sucrates

What are your latest thoughts about a right dose for thyroid?

There are laser studies with low peak output but they use small apertures with about 20 points so it's impossible to saywhat to do with a LED for certain. I'd guess that 2-3J/cm2 at 50-70mW/cm2 over each lobe 2x per week with 830nm might be a good start. I would also guess you could do it with red, the metrics might be slightly different but I'm not sure whether to increase estimates or lower them for red. A look at penetration depth of those frequencies and depth of thyroid tissue might help estimate that.

Most of the human low peak output studies I've read do treatments 2x per week for 5 weeks and state effects diminish after 3-6 months. I think I'm going to start again around those doses using 670nm. I have a 808nm laser but it's a little above 150mW, probably easier to dose 50-70mw(or mw/cm2) with my RLM 670 device. My recommendations are read the studies and ignore my estimates though. :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals