Light Questions

Kate

Are Led lights safe? I read some where that they could contain arsenic and lead.
Do all Led's have this... or only low quality ones... or is this only harmful when the light is broken?

Led's life span is shortened by heat. I was going to buy the mini combo light from redlightman and was wondering if this would matter as it will only be used 5-20 mins a day.

When using red light (or infrared) would I need to increase Vitamin A or other vitamins?

Finally would Emf's, be anything to worry about in such a small device?

Tzheng2012

If an led does contain led or arsenic it would only be inside the bulb so as long as its not broken theres no worry.

Theres no worry about lifespan. Leds are usually marked for 20k-50k hours. As seen from grow lights which give off some heat but are used for 8+ hours a day all year round.

If your going to get a handheld i would go with the https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H2Y5U4...8JR55SV7PQK38NGY1&ie=UTF8&qid=1504481181&sr=1 . Cheaper and stronger light. You can choose 630 or 660nm in 12w and 24w. The 12w is stronger than the combo mini 18w because they use 3w led bulbs, i think the combo mini uses 2w. The 12w version has a 30 degree beam angle and 24w has 60 degree beam angle. At 10cm the 24w will have 160mw/cm^2 whereas the 30 degree will have 140 at 10cm. If you want both (as in the combo light) just get both for cheaper lol. If your afraid of emf (i assume it has some) you can get a clamp reflector so you dont need to hold it.

Theres no need to increase vit intake other than your normal daily required values.

OP
K

Kate

If an led does contain led or arsenic it would only be inside the bulb so as long as its not broken theres no worry.

Theres no worry about lifespan. Leds are usually marked for 20k-50k hours. As seen from grow lights which give off some heat but are used for 8+ hours a day all year round.

If your going to get a handheld i would go with the https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H2Y5U4...8JR55SV7PQK38NGY1&ie=UTF8&qid=1504481181&sr=1 . Cheaper and stronger light. You can choose 630 or 660nm in 12w and 24w. The 12w is stronger than the combo mini 18w because they use 3w led bulbs, i think the combo mini uses 2w. The 12w version has a 30 degree beam angle and 24w has 60 degree beam angle. At 10cm the 24w will have 160mw/cm^2 whereas the 30 degree will have 140 at 10cm. If you want both (as in the combo light) just get both for cheaper lol. If your afraid of emf (i assume it has some) you can get a clamp reflector so you dont need to hold it.

Theres no need to increase vit intake other than your normal daily required values.
Awesome really helpful :D
thanks for the info!

Tzheng2012

Np, hope you have the results your looking for with RLT.

Your vitamin question reminded me that some people say its good to have a snack before or after a RLT session if you feel tired or sluggish afterwards because it does use glycogen as fuel for the healing process.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals