LDN Type Medications

hiconscience

just a random question...
I have heard and read of people experiencing exceptional results using LDN. Any other medications out there use the same process that LDN uses?..but for different neurotransmitters? My (poor)understanding of LDN is it blocks some opioid receptors tricking one's body into thinking there is a deficiency therefore making the body naturally pump out more opioids. unfortunately, I have a friend who has abused prescribed xanax and now feels he NEEDS the prescription. I would like to help if I possibly can, and not by getting him addicted to another chemical...but to somehow trick his body to increase formation of GABA naturally (and get him off that crap). I may be completely off base. I also wonder if blocking opioid receptors isnt dangerous, but blocking GABA receptors (even lightly) is enough to cause seizures. I apologize for the poor explanation, but this was just something I was contemplating. Possibly this prescription already exists?? but his doctor surely would have told him about it... a doctor keeping a patient hooked? that would never happen! HA

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

well after doing my own research I found there is not a medication persay....but I came across what LDN is.... a partial inverse agonist. and 7,8 dihydroxyflavone is a partial inverse agonist for GABA. it is actually found in the primrose tree. unfortunately I feel they may be overlooked for awhile/forever because they allow the body to create its own neurotransmitters decreasing need for medicatiom and subsequently addiction... not helpful in big pharmas goal of making big bucks. but i hope partial inverse agonists are researched more!!! all coming from someone without a pharmacology degree. haha but wow so interesting!!!!!!!!!

Sucrates

well after doing my own research I found there is not a medication persay....but I came across what LDN is.... a partial inverse agonist. and 7,8 dihydroxyflavone is a partial inverse agonist for GABA. it is actually found in the primrose tree. unfortunately I feel they may be overlooked for awhile/forever because they allow the body to create its own neurotransmitters decreasing need for medicatiom and subsequently addiction... not helpful in big pharmas goal of making big bucks. but i hope partial inverse agonists are researched more!!! all coming from someone without a pharmacology degree. haha but wow so interesting!!!!!!!!!

Ray speculates that LDN works by blocking TLR4 and opiate receptors. I think the jury is still out but I suspect Ray is more likely correct. I think with xanax most of the work will have to be done with will power, it gets worse with time and dose. Progesterone and coffee can help withdrawals, which should be done slowly, theaine and glycine might help increase GABA too. Cyproheptadine also, though both together could be too sedating. A low dose of propranolol might help with adrenaline too.

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

Ray speculates that LDN works by blocking TLR4 and opiate receptors. I think the jury is still out but I suspect Ray is more likely correct. I think with xanax most of the work will have to be done with will power, it gets worse with time and dose. Progesterone and coffee can help withdrawals, which should be done slowly, theaine and glycine might help increase GABA too. Cyproheptadine also, though both together could be too sedating. A low dose of propranolol might help with adrenaline too.

Thanks for the response!!
this is a bit off topic but I was just wondering..
I do not eat beans, never been a fan and also the lectins. I have grown a new love for coffee the past year, but I was just wondering does the coffee bean contain lectins as well? if so should one supplement more minerals when drinking coffee?
But either way thanks!

Sucrates

Thanks for the response!!
this is a bit off topic but I was just wondering..
I do not eat beans, never been a fan and also the lectins. I have grown a new love for coffee the past year, but I was just wondering does the coffee bean contain lectins as well? if so should one supplement more minerals when drinking coffee?
But either way thanks!

I don't know about lectins. Probably good to get plenty of minerals regardless.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought roasting coffee beans took care of the lectins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals