L-Optizinc interactions

member11823

Hey, is there any known interactions? I've been taking it for years now. Developed white spots on nails recently (which optizinc has cured 5 years ago).
I've been zinc deficient whole my life and Now's Optizinc solved my problem.

OP
M

member11823

List of the supplements I take by days of the week:

mon optizinc 30 mg+copper 0.3mg; copper chelate 2.5 mg; retinol 25 000 IU; boron 3 mg
tue
wed
optizinc 30 mg+copper 0.3mg; boron 3 mg
thur
fri
optizinc 30 mg+copper 0.3mg; copper chelate 2.5 mg; retinol 25 000 IU; boron 3 mg
sat
sun

daily (at night), at the same time with the supplements above
: mag citrate 200 mg; calcium glycinate 500 mg; vitamin d 4000 iu; Life Extension Super K; vitamin e; Iodine 225 mcg; vitamin c 1 g;
Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherol)268 mg1,787%
Mixed Tocopherols
(providing d-Gamma, d-Delta and d-Beta Tocopherols)
26.75 mg

daily (morning): tyrosine 500 mg; taurine 1 g; Bromelain (2400 GDU/g)

The only thing I see is vitamin E that is probably messing the things?

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Your average weekly zinc intake seems low to me. Is there some reason you're not doing 30 mg daily? Also I don't see selenium in your mix. Without sufficient selenium zinc can remain bound to its transporter protein and not be bio-available.

I dose that for every 35 mg zinc, which I do every day. The older you get the more zinc you need. Absorption decreases with age.

Why do you take 30 mg of zinc daily anyway? This is way above RDA. I can't take even 15 mg daily without developing anxiety. Some say this is due to copper toxicity. But then taking 2 mg copper along with it mitigates it (but not fully). Why would zinc make me worse esp. in RDA doses?

Perry Staltic

Why do you take 30 mg of zinc daily anyway? This is way above RDA. I can't take even 15 mg daily without developing anxiety. Some say this is due to copper toxicity. But then taking 2 mg copper along with it mitigates it (but not fully). Why would zinc make me worse esp. in RDA doses?

Why not take that much? It's one of the most used metals in the body and I'd like to get as much zinc as possible to build up my thymus. The thymus shrinks with age, so building it back up with zinc helps adaptive immunity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals