Zinc Gluconate Or Optizinc

member11823

Hey there,

I've been taking now foods optizinc 2x30 mg per week for years + 2x2.5 mg copper glycinate to balance it out.

Do you think gluconate is better, and if changing to it, should I increase copper as well?

When supplementing 60 mg optizinc + 5 mg copper per week, I got no white spots on nails. But if I increase copper to 7mg+ while spots appear.

redsun

Hey there,

I've been taking now foods optizinc 2x30 mg per week for years + 2x2.5 mg copper glycinate to balance it out.

Do you think gluconate is better, and if changing to it, should I increase copper as well?

When supplementing 60 mg optizinc + 5 mg copper per week, I got no white spots on nails. But if I increase copper to 7mg+ while spots appear.

Honestly I dont think you should need so much copper or zinc. 15-20mg zinc supplement at most a few times a week maybe you may need some copper. The diet should have at least 10-15mg zinc and 1-2mg of copper daily.

I think your previous posts of you saying you respond very poorly to workouts indicating the zinc and copper is too much and possibly imbalancing other trace minerals such as iron, selenium, manganese. Zinc is well known to cause fatigue especially at your doses it is very possible even if balancing with copper.

Also depression from exercise sounds like what similar I get from taking too much zinc and trying to workout as well.

How is folate, vitamin C and B6 intake (what is your source of B6)?

OP
M

member11823

Hey, thank you for responding.

Vit C is at 1g per day.
B6 is @ 100 mg per week; a lot of rice, bananas.
Folate is 800mcg + methylcobalamin 5mg per week

About the zinc, I had zinc deficiency (for sure) for 20 years, white spots on nails. No effect after taking zn picolinate, then tried to switch to optizinc and the white spots disappeared for 2-3 weeks (90 mg per week). Then I started taking copper to balance it out, 4mg per week.

Zinc acetate I use Mon-Friday then none at Weekend.

orewashin

Honestly I dont think you should need so much copper or zinc. 15-20mg zinc supplement at most a few times a week maybe you may need some copper. The diet should have at least 10-15mg zinc and 1-2mg of copper daily.

I think your previous posts of you saying you respond very poorly to workouts indicating the zinc and copper is too much and possibly imbalancing other trace minerals such as iron, selenium, manganese. Zinc is well known to cause fatigue especially at your doses it is very possible even if balancing with copper.

Also depression from exercise sounds like what similar I get from taking too much zinc and trying to workout as well.

How is folate, vitamin C and B6 intake (what is your source of B6)?
So do you recommend gluconate or picolinate?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals