Killer CT SCANS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I recall reading about this. How this was not front page news is beyond me.
I am sure it has made it’s way on the front page news, but the “sellers” reassurance make people keep coming back for more, just like these experimental Covid vaccines, they just stick an arm out and jump up and down, happy to be given permission for for their freedoms. People want simplicity and really don’t critical think for themselves anymore, being to busy rushing off to places or easily persuaded to watch soap operas and sports games, instead of knowing what is going on, on both sides of the coin. They just open their mouths and accept whatever is on the spoon coming in.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The radiation you get from x-ray, CT, and nuclear imaging is ionizing radiation — high-energy wavelengths or particles that penetrate tissue to reveal the body's internal organs and structures. Ionizing radiation can damage DNA, and although your cells repair most of the damage, they sometimes do the job imperfectly, leaving small areas of "misrepair." The result is DNA mutations that may contribute to cancer years down the road.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“We've long known that children and teens who receive high doses of radiation to treat lymphoma or other cancers are more likely to develop additional cancers later in life. But we have no clinical trials to guide our thinking about cancer risk from medical radiation in healthy adults. Most of what we know about the risks of ionizing radiation comes from long-term studies of people who survived the 1945 atomic bomb blasts at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. These studies show a slightly but significantly increased risk of cancer in those exposed to the blasts, including a group of 25,000 Hiroshima survivors who received less than 50 mSv of radiation — an amount you might get from three or more CT scans. (See "Imaging procedures and their approximate effective radiation doses.")

The atomic blast isn't a perfect model for exposure to medical radiation, because the bomb released its radiation all at once, while the doses from medical imaging are smaller and spread over time. Still, most experts believe that can be almost as harmful as getting an equivalent dose all at once.“

Jib

I had a couple CT scans and an MRI recently. Sucks. But what can you do.

Once you know better, do differently. I do think now that avoiding hospitals and all of that altogether is best. My life has already been destroyed by PSSD from psychiatric medications. It would only make sense that all the other 'treatments' they provide are toxic. The only real practical use for modern medicine is in emergency care. And even then, the CT scans...all causing more harm than anything else.

I do know that worry and anxiety are not good at all. And there have been people who have 'placebo effected' their way into remission of serious and aggressive cancers, simply by changing their attitude, processing and releasing old traumas and changing their belief systems. Worst case scenario is you still get cancer or some other awful disease and die prematurely but at least you won't be as stressed out or anxious while that's happening if you change your beliefs and attitudes for the better.

Ideally I would have been informed of all of this and just avoided the hospital altogether. However they suspected Cauda Equina Syndrome, which if it's not treated is life destroying. Now the irony is the CT scan is not necessary. It's diagnosed via MRI. The only reason I got the CT scan was to see if an "MRI was warranted." The CT scan revealed nothing and served no purpose, just an attempt to defer the MRI because it's expensive for them and they didn't want to do it.

So exposing people to harm is routine practice. I'm not surprised though. Circumcised at birth, tons of amalgam fillings as a kid/young adult (8 large fillings to be exact), wisdom teeth removed for no reason, drugged into oblivion by psychiatry for 'mental health' problems -- probably 80% of my life has been stolen by medical professionals. I sincerely hope I can be healthy but I'll admit I'm worried that in my late thirties or early forties I'll develop cancer now as a result of the several CT scans I've had done in my life, I think 2 on my head and the most recent one for my lumbar spine.

We do what we can. I have avoided the pokey for now at least. I have steadfastly refused.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The first number is the effective dose and the second number is what are actually getting….

“Imaging procedures and their approximate effective radiation doses*

Procedure

Average effective dose (mSv)

Range reported in the literature (mSv)

Bone density test+

0.001/0.00–0.035

X-ray, arm or leg

0.001/0.0002–0.1

X-ray, panoramic dental

0.07/0.007–0.09

X-ray, chest

0.1/0.05–0.24

X-ray, abdominal

0.7/0.04–1.1

Mammogram

0.4/0.10–0.6

X-ray, lumbar spine

1.5/0.5–1.8

CT, head

2./0.9–4

CT, cardiac for calcium scoring

3./1.0–12

Nuclear imaging, bone scan

CT, spine

6./1.5–10

CT, pelvis

6./3.3–10

CT, chest

7./4.0–18

CT, abdomen

8./3.5–25

CT, colonoscopy

10./4.0–13.2

CT, angiogram

16./5.0–32

CT, whole body

variable. 20 or more”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I had a couple CT scans and an MRI recently. Sucks. But what can you do.

Once you know better, do differently. I do think now that avoiding hospitals and all of that altogether is best. My life has already been destroyed by PSSD from psychiatric medications. It would only make sense that all the other 'treatments' they provide are toxic. The only real practical use for modern medicine is in emergency care. And even then, the CT scans...all causing more harm than anything else.

I do know that worry and anxiety are not good at all. And there have been people who have 'placebo effected' their way into remission of serious and aggressive cancers, simply by changing their attitude, processing and releasing old traumas and changing their belief systems. Worst case scenario is you still get cancer or some other awful disease and die prematurely but at least you won't be as stressed out or anxious while that's happening if you change your beliefs and attitudes for the better.

Ideally I would have been informed of all of this and just avoided the hospital altogether. However they suspected Cauda Equina Syndrome, which if it's not treated is life destroying. Now the irony is the CT scan is not necessary. It's diagnosed via MRI. The only reason I got the CT scan was to see if an "MRI was warranted." The CT scan revealed nothing and served no purpose, just an attempt to defer the MRI because it's expensive for them and they didn't want to do it.

So exposing people to harm is routine practice. I'm not surprised though. Circumcised at birth, tons of amalgam fillings as a kid/young adult (8 large fillings to be exact), wisdom teeth removed for no reason, drugged into oblivion by psychiatry for 'mental health' problems -- probably 80% of my life has been stolen by medical professionals. I sincerely hope I can be healthy but I'll admit I'm worried that in my late thirties or early forties I'll develop cancer now as a result of the several CT scans I've had done in my life, I think 2 on my head and the most recent one for my lumbar spine.

We do what we can. I have avoided the pokey for now at least. I have steadfastly refused.
You are still young and like Ray Peat says our bodies are made to defend us from harm, and it does it better the younger you are. My mom took DES when she was pregnant with me, which should have had cancer kill me a long time ago, as it has many others, but here I am healthy as can be at 59. I attribute that to my father feeding us very “Peaty” the first 7 years of my life, with brewers yeast and raw honey, homemade yogurt and ice cream, weekly liver and fresh caught seafood. We did not eat packaged foods. So whatever has been done can be undone. You have to really make your food matter now, and get that healing sunlight everyday. My mother abused her body with drugs, doctors and procedures in her 20’s until she died of an overdose at 70. She looked like crap and had a lot of aches and pains, and was told she had cancer, that she ignored, but she lived. So don’t give up on yourself, just be extra kind to yourself, and say no to these overzealous medical procedures from now on.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In experiments that last just a few weeks or months, there may not be time for cancers to develop, and on that time scale, the immunosuppressive and antiinflammatory effects of oxidized fish oil might seem beneficial. For a few decades, x-ray treatments were used to relieve inflammatory conditions, and most of the doctors who promoted the treatment were able to retire before their patients began suffering the fatal effects of atrophy, fibrosis, and cancer. (But a few people are still advocating x-ray therapy for inflammatory diseases, e.g., Hildebrandt, et al., 2003.) The fish oil fad is now just as old as the x-ray fad was at its peak of popularity, and if its antiinflammatory actions involve the same mechanisms as the antiinflammatory immunosuppressive x-ray treatments, then we can expect to see another epidemic of fibrotic conditions and cancer in about 15 to 20 years.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Ginger extract has been reported to exert radioprotective effects in mice exposed to gamma radiation"

“RP: If a very intense cloud comes by with a lot of radioactive iodine, the thyroid is the first thing that is able to be protected by eating enough iodine rich foods, or taking enough thyroid to suppress your thyroid stimulating hormone, so that the gland becomes inactive. A spoonful of powdered kelp, or other seaweed will pretty well saturate your body, so you don't take up the radioactive iodine. And some of the things being recommended neglect the fact the iodine is only going to protect your thyroid; but if you take too much iodine, and suppress the function of your thyroid gland, you’re going to slow all of your metabolic processes, including the DNA repair enzymes. So, keeping your metabolic rate high by avoiding the toxic foods is very important for your general long range resistance to radiation. The iodine danger is passed in about six weeks after the accident. So the long range things, such as cesium and strontium, you want to help to wash those out of your body after they have been taken in. Eating a calcium-rich diet and a potassium-rich diet will increase the turnover of these in your tissues. While a thyroid supporting diet, low in the polyunsaturated fats will increase the repair-processes and prevent, to some extent, those long range bystander effects that can increase for years after the exposure.

JB: You mentioned red light before. Is that an effective technique?

RP: Yah. For example, if you are near a flash of radiation (if you have a CT scan, some kind of very intense radiation), those effects will linger as excited molecules in your tissues for hours. So in the first hour after you get a flash exposure of intense radiation, you get lots of sunlight. Or, in the absence of sunlight, you want bright incandescent light that’s rich in the red spectrum. It's the red frequency that deactivates those excited electrons in molecules following intense radiation.

JB: And I suppose it would be best to avoid milk from cows that are eating in the field, right?

RP: Well, yah. But 40, 50 years ago, I looked at the figures for the amount of radiation in milk and in vegetables. The government was telling people to avoid milk, as the cows had just absorbed strontium into. And I saw that if you ate vegetables for your nutrients, you would be getting several times more strontium than you would from the milk. Because the cow has concentrated calcium, when plants tend to receive a high proportion of strontium from the fresh fallout. So the cow is a good filter even during the fallout storm.”

Runenight201

You are still young and like Ray Peat says our bodies are made to defend us from harm, and it does it better the younger you are. My mom took DES when she was pregnant with me, which should have had cancer kill me a long time ago, as it has many others, but here I am healthy as can be at 59. I attribute that to my father feeding us very “Peaty” the first 7 years of my life, with brewers yeast and raw honey, homemade yogurt and ice cream, weekly liver and fresh caught seafood. We did not eat packaged foods. So whatever has been done can be undone. You have to really make your food matter now, and get that healing sunlight everyday. My mother abused her body with drugs, doctors and procedures in her 20’s until she died of an overdose at 70. She looked like crap and had a lot of aches and pains, and was told she had cancer, that she ignored, but she lived. So don’t give up on yourself, just be extra kind to yourself, and say no to these overzealous medical procedures from now on.

That takes some serious bravado to be told you have cancer and straight dgaf it. How long did she live with it?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That takes some serious bravado to be told you have cancer and straight dgaf it. How long did she live with it?
I guess she lived about 10+ years, and nothing ever came of it. She died of an accidental overdose. My friend’s dad got a cancer death diagnoses and they wanted to cut it out and do chemo and she said he said no that he didn’t want to be sick and struggling in whatever time he had left. He lived twenty more years and died of something else!

Runenight201

I guess she lived about 10+ years, and nothing ever came of it. She died of an accidental overdose. My friend’s dad got a cancer death diagnoses and they wanted to cut it out and do chemo and she said he said no that he didn’t want to be sick and struggling in whatever time he had left. He lived twenty more years and died of something else!

Fascinating stuff. But then you have someone like Steve Jobs trying the alternative path and ending up not working out. Getting harder and harder to discern what's best to do in this modern day... I will say though if the chances of survival even with chemo/radiation are slim than perhaps it is better to just live it up until the last breath. I guess it depends on what's more painful the death process due to cancer or the death process due to cancer + radiation/chemo.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Fascinating stuff. But then you have someone like Steve Jobs trying the alternative path and ending up not working out. Getting harder and harder to discern what's best to do in this modern day... I will say though if the chances of survival even with chemo/radiation are slim than perhaps it is better to just live it up until the last breath. I guess it depends on what's more painful the death process due to cancer or the death process due to cancer + radiation/chemo.
I would think people who avoid PUFA’s would have the best chance at getting through a cancer diagnoses without doing anything. I had another friend who had breast cancer and opted to leave it alone and did the blood typing route with herbs. It shrunk up and went away within a year.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“If you want to use a polyunsaturated oil as a drug, it is worthwhile to remember that the "essential fatty acids" suppress metabolism and promote obesity; are immunosuppressive; cause inflammation and shock; are required for alcoholic liver cirrhosis; sensitize to radiation damage; accelerate formation of aging pigment, cataracts, retinal degeneration; promote free radical damage and excitoxicity; cause cancer and accelerate its growth; are toxic to the heart muscle and promote atherosclerosis; can cause brain edema, diabetes, excessive vascular permeability, precocious puberty, progesterone deficiency, skin wrinkling and other signs of aging.” -Ray Peat​

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“BTW I just went through this with my refusing to let them inject me with a harmful MRI contrast agent and my doctor was a 100% ok with that. No temper tantrum or pulling the authoritay card.”

“These X‐rays have been shown to induce γ-interferon, a cytokine that induces phospholipase A₂ and tryptophan dioxygenase. This cannot be good. Also, I did see some very good correlations between dental X‐rays and thyroid cancer. Why thyroid cancer you might ask? Well: the best I can come up with is the fact that iodine has a high nuclear cross section—almost the same as lead. This means that the thyroid is more radiographically opaque than the surrounding tissue because iodine catches more X‐rays than most atoms. This should lead to more ionizations and free radicals when the iodine re‐emits the energy absorbed.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Prolonged exposure to estrogen, that can't be offset by the homeostatic factors, such as progesterone, typically causes cells to enter a growth phase. (But so do other excitatory processes, such as ionizing radiation.)” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat

“What is Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF)?​

NSF is a rare but serious disease affecting skin and other organs that has been found in some patients with advanced CKD after exposure to gadolinium-containing contrast dyes that are used in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). NSF appears to affect about 4 percent of patients with advanced CKD. People with acute kidney injury (AKI) are also at higher risk. NSF has not been reported in people with mild kidney damage or normal kidney function.

NSF can be painful, debilitating, or even fatal. Symptoms and signs of NSF can include burning and itching of the skin, red or dark patches on the skin, joint stiffness, or muscle weakness. The disease can develop within 24 hours up to around 3 months.

MRIs are routinely used in patients to visualize internal organs and limbs to help detect and monitor many different diseases or injuries. Contrast dyes are often used during MRI to enhance the images obtained, and these dyes contain an element called gadolinium. In people with CKD, the kidneys are not able to filter out wastes, drugs and toxins the way they normally should. In advanced CKD, the excretion of gadolinium-containing contrast dyes used in MRIs is slower than in people with normal kidney function. This delay in excretion is thought to be one the main reasons why NSF may happen.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In our lab at the University of Oregon, our hamsters would try to hibernate, even though they were in temperature-controlled laboratories with regular cycles of artificial light. (The ceiling lights provided only dim illumination inside their cage boxes, so they were probably in a chronic state of light deprivation, which probably increased their sensitivity to the weak environmental cues that Frank Brown had investigated, possibly microwaves that easily penetrated the lab walls.)” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In thinking about the effects of stress and oxygen deprivation, I read the studies demonstrating that the formation of the oxygen-wasting age pigment, lipofuscin, is increased by estrogen, by oxygen deprivation (in carp living below the ice, or even in fetuses), by metals such as iron, by x-rays, and by highly unsaturated fats.” -Ray Peat​

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals