j's log

OP
J

j.

It's been nice to use a pH strip since I reintroduced calcium carbonate. What I do simply is see if the urine pH is within an usual range after taking the supplement or a fraction of it. If some times the pH goes a bit unusually high, I just not take the supplement until the pH goes back to normal.

To review a bit, I had a bad experience in the past, when I didn't know anything about the kidneys and alkalosis, taking too much calcium carbonate, baking soda, and lemon juice. After that, for a while I decided to have just milk as my main calcium source. However, I found it beneficial in some aspects to switch to farmers cheese as my main source of protein, at least some days. Since the cheese has a ratio of calcium/phosphorus 1:2, I think it's good to add calcium carbonate.

OP
J

j.

Consuming milk or about 300 mg of calcium carbonate seems to consistently increase urine pH by about 0.5.

OP
J

j.

I started taking Dr Clark's Vitamin A drops today.

It feels like taking Thorne K2, in the sense that you're taking a tasty drop, tasting the vitamin directly, instead of a capsule. (doing this with micellized vitamins, like nutrisorb A, might be dangerous, as the blood level could increase too quickly and significantly).

I don't know though yet whether I'll be able to take it long term without reactions, as sometimes these start to happen after taking the supplement for some time.

OP
J

j.

After a day of eating a lot of chocolate which have soy lecithin, now I'm suddenly sensitive to everything. I'm normally not sensitive to the added citric acid or vitamin c in store OJ, but today I am.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
j. said:
After a day of eating a lot of chocolate which have soy lecithin, now I'm suddenly sensitive to everything. I'm normally not sensitive to the added citric acid or vitamin c in store OJ, but today I am.
Sorry to hear that j. I suppose it could be phytoestrogens or pufa in the soy lecithin. I'm sure you already knew that though. Thanks for sharing you situation. I think that is part of what is so helpful about the forum. Most people I know can seemingly get away with eating things like that all day everyday. I'm surrounded by medical workers everyday that like to dismiss people as having an eating disorder or psychological problem if they openly admit to not being able to tolerate various foods. They will humor you to your face but behind-the-scenes it's a different story. So although I regret to hear about you problem it does help me feel a little less alone in the world because I can't tolerate soy lecithin either.

OP
J

j.

I really ate a lot though. I can tolerate lesser amounts, and since it's chocolate, your sense of taste might take more time to reject it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
j. said:
I really ate a lot though. I can tolerate lesser amounts, and since it's chocolate, your sense of taste might take more time to reject it.
Makes sense.

OP
J

j.

Blossom said:
I'm surrounded by medical workers everyday that like to dismiss people as having an eating disorder or psychological problem if they openly admit to not being able to tolerate various foods.

I think there are many possibilities for why that could be, but I guess two are more likely:

1. They're not hypothyroid, so they have a good progesterone estrogen balance and a little more estrogen doesn't alter the balance.
2. Their gut is less permeable. Even if we fix the thyroid, maybe fixing the gut takes more time.

I guess it could also be something messing up the immune system, such as inadequate levels or balance of A and D. Lately I had some things going on and I stopped all fat soluble vitamins supplementation and good, purposeful sun exposure.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sounds much more reasonable than psychological problems or an eating disorder to me.

OP
J

j.

If you tolerate and digest a gelatin product, such as great lakes, I think it can drastically lower some stress hormones in just 2 or 3 day of high use, mixed with a fruit juice such as oj, especially sleep quality.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How much gelatin we talking here j?

OP
J

j.

I don't know because I don't know how to convert the spoons in my country to US tablespoons. Somewhere between 30 and 60 grams daily. It might be a challenge to some digestive systems, but if you can get it in and absorbed, it will be relaxing.

I used great lakes pork gelatin powder, red can, on cold OJ, sometimes with a bit of refined coconut oil. The more gelatin I used the more sugar I added to the already sweetened store OJ.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Gonna give this a shot in the near future.

OP
J

j.

I think it's good to not get disappointed to try and get a good gelatin product, like great lakes, my gut feeling says the red can is better, but who knows.

For some reason, last year I had to stop my consumption of Now Foods Gelatin 1 lb in a plastic container, although don't know exactly why.

OP
J

j.

My basic guideline when doing it was 'till the body says stop'.

It's good to have some eggs, meats, or milk, to ensure you get at least a bit of tryptophan. The first day I think I ate 5 eggs.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have the bulk gelatin, it does not dissolve easy so I am just going to make gummy squares.

OP
J

j.

I've been a regular user of vitamin K2 for about a year. I usually took a few drops daily, didn't seem like a big deal. I ran out of it for a few weeks and only got it today, and I was a little like a drug addict getting his fix after a period of abstinence. I read again today the many effects of K2, including its positive effects on hormones, circulation, and even brain function. It makes me wonder if all its benefits is what made me notice not consuming it.

The fact that I've been keeping high levels of vitamins D and A, through sunlight and supplementation, respectively, might have increased the K2 requirement, and also that for about a month I increased my vitamin E levels through supplementation.

OP
J

j.

High-dose niacinamide, which for me is just 250 mg taken every day, makes me too hungry for sweets, which messes up my eating habits for the day, and I think it leaves me with some extra weight.

I will have to adjust more carefully the dose.

j. said:
High-dose niacinamide, which for me is just 250 mg taken every day, makes me too hungry for sweets, which messes up my eating habits for the day, and I think it leaves me with some extra weight.

I will have to adjust more carefully the dose.

Me too exactly. I noticed this early on about niacinamide, it makes my blood sugar plummet and I get crazy hungry. It's the one B vit that I don't take very much of....yet.

OP
J

j.

Aspirin has the some of the effects of niacinamide, but I think niacinamide has better mental effects. I don't know how to explain, things just seem to work better up there, permanently, after each dose of niacinamide. I haven't tried T3, but I get some of those effects from the combination of T3/T4 in a NDT, so I want to try T3 alone to see if it has those good mental effects.

I think one could take I guess 25 mg (one would have to open the capsule and divide the powder) of niacinamide and see the effects, until one finds the right dose.

Do you recall how much you took?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals