Jim Carrey On 5-HTP

Experienced

they said on this forum about 5-HTP or Tryptophan something that it is bad this actor took it for long time maybe who knows?

Drareg

There are studies on here about why 5-htp has an effect, it blunts adrenalin and increases cortisol.
For those running on adrenalin for most of their adult lives this will give great relief,the quieting of the mind many speak of with 5-htp could easily be put down to this.
Cortisol increase can make people feel good initially,long term effects of all this is bad,very bad.

Jim Carey does not have good mental health even with 5htp or without imo.

OP
E

Experienced

There are studies on here about why 5-htp has an effect, it blunts adrenalin and increases cortisol.
For those running on adrenalin for most of their adult lives this will give great relief,the quieting of the mind many speak of with 5-htp could easily be put down to this.
Cortisol increase can make people feel good initially,long term effects of all this is bad,very bad.

Jim Carey does not have good mental health even with 5htp or without imo.

Oh my god so thats the reasonn... Gosh I understand rn :) thx

Drareg

Oh my god so thats the reasonn... Gosh I understand rn :) thx

It could also be messing with the enzymes for serotonin and the body down regulates as its flooded with serotonin,I think Peat mentioned this happening in some cases but I don't think he specifically speaking about 5htp.
Either way most people on it like Carey didnt seem to find good health for long,if anything they regress away over time from the world on this stuff.

OP
E

Experienced

It could also be messing with the enzymes for serotonin and the body down regulates as its flooded with serotonin,I think Peat mentioned this happening in some cases but I don't think he specifically speaking about 5htp.
Either way most people on it like Carey didnt seem to find good health for long,if anything they regress away over time from the world on this stuff.

alright alright I understood :) thanks tho

He was on low carb so he wasn't supplying enough glucose for his brain. That will cause depression.

sladerunner69

they said on this forum about 5-HTP or Tryptophan something that it is bad this actor took it for long time maybe who knows?

Jim Carrey is infamously very depressed!

I am perplexed as to how 5-htp is so commonyl reccomended and some people get such great benefits from it? M=Is it a short term high from serotonin>adrenaline>cortisol chain, but in the long run it compromises your metabolic and hormonal stability? I dont udnerstand how serotonin agonists commonly rpescribed for depression can be such a double edged sword, it seems like science would be much mroe clear on the subject then we see.

bmoores

I used 5-HTP for years during a period of steady decline. Temporarily, it seemed to help by increasing turpor, which I thought was sleep. And increased cortisol provides a sensation of relief in spite of the catabolization. It stopped working for me but I just kept on taking it. Taking action itself can be therapeutic but in the long run the wrong action can be harmful. He's also taking other supplements like Tyrosine so it's possible relief is coming from other sources. And he's experimenting and testing. I think 5-HPT increased my tendency to reclusiveness, as did high serotonin during adolescence. I'm selfish with sharing my time and generally prefer to be alone, with only a little time dedicated to family n girlfriend.

DaveFoster

Jim Carrey is infamously very depressed!

I am perplexed as to how 5-htp is so commonyl reccomended and some people get such great benefits from it? M=Is it a short term high from serotonin>adrenaline>cortisol chain, but in the long run it compromises your metabolic and hormonal stability? I dont udnerstand how serotonin agonists commonly rpescribed for depression can be such a double edged sword, it seems like science would be much mroe clear on the subject then we see.
Also, you have to keep in mind the other things he's using. Caffeine lowers serotonin, but tends to have a negligible effect on adrenaline in the long-term. He's drinking coffee, so that could counter the serotonergic effects of 5-HTP, while he still reaps the benefits of lowered adrenaline. You see this often with adjunct therapies (an SSRI w/ something for lethargy/anxiety). SSRI's have different pharmacological profiles, and as Ray says, "serotonin is one of their favorite noises."

OP
E

Experienced

Also, you have to keep in mind the other things he's using. Caffeine lowers serotonin, but tends to have a negligible effect on adrenaline in the long-term. He's drinking coffee, so that could counter the serotonergic effects of 5-HTP, while he still reaps the benefits of lowered adrenaline. You see this often with adjunct therapies (an SSRI w/ something for lethargy/anxiety). SSRI's have different pharmacological profiles, and as Ray says, "serotonin is one of their favorite noises."

Dude I'm really a fan of you posted something in my thread :) haha you made my day

CoolTweetPete

Watching the first video his motions seem very erratic and sudden.

When I was a kid, I had friends who would call me "Speedy" because I would do things very quickly. I've noticed after experimenting with serotonin antagonists and several other metabolic interventions, my motions have become more calm and deliberate. It's almost like I'm moving in slow motion in my mind, but my body still processes information at the same speed it used to. For the last 20+ years it had seemed that I was compelled to move quickly and it would cause me to do clumsy things

I chalked it up to being clumsy and I developed a reputation as the clutz of the group. My friends have noticed and often comment about how I've changed. I'm far from clumsy today. The difference is obvious to me.

I've noticed this in martial arts where on occasion there will be a fighter who just seems like he/she moves faster than everyone else, but I think their mental ability to conjure an accuracy of motion is really what is setting them apart.

This makes sense in the prism Dr. Peat paints regarding serotonin. It's role as a chemical that keeps synapses open and firing would suggest that it could contribute to movement disorders (I think Dr. Peat pointed this out in one of his articles). If we are open and firing, we

Last edited:

REOSIRENS

Serotonin is physiologically very destructive amine... SSRI destroys frontal cortex by calcifying it... You start to be less empathetic towards people and emptiness runs high... SSRI increases serotonin by destroying your gut so endotoxin take charge of your gut when you start taking this nasty drug... Why SSRI is so popular? The answer is .... SSRI makes you feel trouble free(nothing seems to bother you or make you worried) for an hour or two like after orgasm(after orgasm you feel released like your anxieties vanish and obsessions but you know in mid or long run it will make you even more addicted to your vice( sex or drugs shopping etc)

Frankdee20

Serotonin is physiologically very destructive amine... SSRI destroys frontal cortex by calcifying it... You start to be less empathetic towards people and emptiness runs high... SSRI increases serotonin by destroying your gut so endotoxin take charge of your gut when you start taking this nasty drug... Why SSRI is so popular? The answer is .... SSRI makes you feel trouble free(nothing seems to bother you or make you worried) for an hour or two like after orgasm(after orgasm you feel released like your anxieties vanish and obsessions but you know in mid or long run it will make you even more addicted to your vice( sex or drugs shopping etc)

When you say SSRIs calcify frontal lobes, what antidotes exist to reverse that calcification? Would K2 pull Calcium out of my frontal lobes and send it to the bones ?

Serotonin is physiologically very destructive amine... SSRI destroys frontal cortex by calcifying it... You start to be less empathetic towards people and emptiness runs high... SSRI increases serotonin by destroying your gut so endotoxin take charge of your gut when you start taking this nasty drug...

Do you have any evidence for this

Frankdee20

I just passed a calcification from my brain out through my nostril .

REOSIRENS

Do you have any evidence for this
There are plenty of reports of ssri users brains being significantly calcified(the ones that committed suicide)...this isn't surprise since serotonin increases prolactin and parathyroid hormone and lower vitamin d levels... Many ssri users report troubles digesting and starting to suffer from irritable bowel syndrome after taking the drug... diarrhea is constant and candida overgrowth ... Serotonin disrupt Gaba system in frontal cortex ... Brain of ssri users(dead ones) is significantly calcified in the frontal cortex... People(male users) report disappearance of temporal veins(Progesterone and infrared light therapy restores temporal veins) probably due to skull calcification

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals