Did I Give Myself EMS?

OP
S

Sheepfan

So I went to the Dr and she put me on Prednisone. It immediately worked the first day. The pain went away. Everything was fine but oddly the pain had came back a little the last 2 days. 5 days of Prednisone (currently on day 4) if it was the EMS then Prednisone wouldn't have done anything, correct?

lampofred

Have you read Dr. Peat's articles on tryptophan/serotonin?

lampofred

No. Where can I find it ?

Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging

Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation

Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy.

He talks about tryptophan/serotonin in several of his articles, but those are the three that are directly focused on the subject. I don't know if you actually have EMS, but Dr. Peat says high serotonin and the resulting disordered water from excess lactic acid and low CO2 (serotonin and CO2 have basically opposite effects) are the reason for pain sensitivity syndromes like fibromyalgia. Off the top of my head, high gelatin intake, aspirin, coffee, bag breathing are some of the things he recommends to lower serotonin + lactic acid.

Also, just for the future, I don't think Dr. Peat would say supplementing 5HTP would ever be a good idea.

OP
S

Sheepfan

Yeah I have been drinking coffee a lot .I also started taking bacopa which is an brain adaptogen. It's supposed to regulate things in the brain.

OP
S

Sheepfan

I really don't see how it could be EMS considering I can lift weights at the gym just fine with little to no agitation at all. And I have absolutely no other symptoms of EMS.

OP
S

Sheepfan

I noticed the symptoms are the worst when I wake up in the morning. I can feel my hand and my foot throbbing. Why would that be

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals