Is progesterone safe?

jnklheimer

When I read the guidelines on p4 in some countries where it isn’t available over the counter like in USA, I see a lot of stuff like “might cause blood clots” and some other stuff. Reading Peat’s work I get the impression it is quite safe and perhaps these precautions are overblown like with aspirin. I’ve always treated pregnenolone more like a food supplement, and progesterone too. When I ask doctors about p4 they raise their eyebrows and wonder why I would even consider using it.

opethfeldt

I think it's safe but could potentially cause problems if you're very estrogen dominant and have a large estrogen load. Progesterone can liberate that estrogen from the cells and cause some havok, however short lived. I don't think it would cause any long term issues but I have heard reports of people getting vericose veins from prog. So in conclusion, there may be some risks, as there always will be with any kind of hormone supplementation. Paying close attention to how you feel and ideally doing periodic blood work is well advised if you can.

Summer

Sorry to bump a somewhat old thread but could progesterone/vitamin E like from Health Natura or Progest-E be placed on an open wound?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals