Your experience with progesterone, T3/T4 and pregnenolone

Jonnie

Been reading up on the forums for over a year and have decided I’ll start taking T3/T4 in combination with progesterone and pregnenolone.
Do you have any experience with these supplements yourself? Would you add anything or do things differently if you’d use them again?

A little background on me:

- Probably hypothyroid since at least 16
- receding temples since at least 16 and slowly gotten worse over the past decade
- Probably SIBO (lactose intolerance since childhood)

Over the past 2 years I’ve
- Introduced Liver, oysters, more eggs, more dairy etc.
- Bettered my sleep
- Carrot salads

Unfortunately it seems 2 years isn’t enough to cure a lifetime of bad health.
So I’m willing to experiment with some supplements like thyroid and progesterone and pregnenolone to hopefully kickstart better health.
I would love to hear your thoughts.

ANY AND ALL INPUT IS WELCOME.
and highly appreciated.

P.S.
My other account has been rejected all of a sudden (don’t’ know why).

B

Blaze

Been reading up on the forums for over a year and have decided I’ll start taking T3/T4 in combination with progesterone and pregnenolone.
Do you have any experience with these supplements yourself? Would you add anything or do things differently if you’d use them again?

- receding temples since at least 16 and slowly gotten worse over the past decade

- Bettered my sleep
- Carrot salads

So I’m willing to experiment with some supplements like thyroid and progesterone and pregnenolone to hopefully kickstart better health.

and highly appreciated.

P.S.
Taking progesterone (progest-e) doesn't have any bad effects for me and the helpful effect if any is very subtle.
Using T3 alone (Cytomel) was tolerated but promoted nervousness and other adverse symptoms. I discontinued it and now take no Thyroid meds.
If I were going to take thyroid meds again I would recommend a balanced T3/T4 product instead like Cynoplus.

L_C

- Bettered my sleep
- Carrot salads

and highly appreciated.

P.S.

I don't use thyroid meds. I have been using Health Natura pregnenolone (about 140 mg daily) and really like it. I can feel it lowers cortisol. If I use more it make me very sleepy. 70-140 mg is enough for me.

I also have been using idealabs progestene (progesterone) and it has been truly a rollercoaster. I have been using it two weeks on/ two weeks off (according to my menstrual cycle) no more than 10 drops daily. It does withdraw estrogen from the tissues and I experienced really terrible withdrawal symptoms. It's getting better now (at least it seems that way) but first two cycles of taking it I was seriously thinking to check myself in a hospital.

B

Blaze

I don't use thyroid meds. I have been using Health Natura pregnenolone (about 140 mg daily) and really like it. I can feel it lowers cortisol. If I use more it make me very sleepy. 70-140 mg is enough for me.

I also have been using idealabs progestene (progesterone) and it has been truly a rollercoaster. I have been using it two weeks on/ two weeks off (according to my menstrual cycle) no more than 10 drops daily. It does withdraw estrogen from the tissues and I experienced really terrible withdrawal symptoms. It's getting better now (at least it seems that way) but first two cycles of taking it I was seriously thinking to check myself in a hospital.
Just started pregnenolone for the very first time yesterday. Got a small bag of powder that has a total of 1250 - 20mg doses from a company called bulk supplements. Wish they had included a measuring spoon. Derived from wild yam supposedly. I had no extreme reaction to a larger 50mg dose taken yesterday at dinner. Woke up and felt ok today. Took another dose with food this morning. Are the wild yam based pregnenolones any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

Taking progesterone (progest-e) doesn't have any bad effects for me and the helpful effect if any is very subtle.
Using T3 alone (Cytomel) was tolerated but promoted nervousness and other adverse symptoms. I discontinued it and now take no Thyroid meds.
If I were going to take thyroid meds again I would recommend a balanced T3/T4 product instead like Cynoplus.
Hmm okay quite interesting, so progest-e seems quite safe with little to no side effects.
I hear some people say that if you take Thyroid you must increase your calories and nutrition else you body is gonna burn without fuel, so to speak.
I’ve also been looking at Cynoplus.

OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

I also have been using idealabs progestene (progesterone) and it has been truly a rollercoaster. I have been using it two weeks on/ two weeks off (according to my menstrual cycle) no more than 10 drops daily. It does withdraw estrogen from the tissues and I experienced really terrible withdrawal symptoms. It's getting better now (at least it seems that way) but first two cycles of taking it I was seriously thinking to check myself in a hospital
So pregnenolone seems to calm you down a lot but progesterone sound pretty intense. It’s interesting that everyone can react so differently...
I guess there’s nothing else to do but to just use intuitive intelligence, order and then experiment on myself *-*
Hope your withdrawal symptoms go away eventually and you find a nice balance. Maybe you need to start eating even more nutritious foods?

B

Blaze

I guess there’s nothing else to do but to just use intuitive intelligence, order and then experiment on myself *-*
Hope your withdrawal symptoms go away eventually and you find a nice balance. Maybe you need to start eating even more nutritious foods?
Agreed. That's the only real approach to take. Cautiously use information you research and then safely experiment on yourself. Progesterone and pregnenolone seem safe and just stop taking them if you get no benefit or have adverse reactions.
Cynoplus seems to generate way fewer complaints than the cytomel that I took. Probably that more balanced formula is the way to go. I may order some to try again myself.

OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

Agreed. That's the only real approach to take. Cautiously use information you research and then safely experiment on yourself. Progesterone and pregnenolone seem safe and just stop taking them if you get no benefit or have adverse reactions.
Cynoplus seems to generate way fewer complaints than the cytomel that I took. Probably that more balanced formula is the way to go. I may order some to try again myself.
I’m actually looking into tyromix and tyromax at this very moment and found it an interesting option.
So the tyromax seems to be glandular thyroid and a T4/T3 ratio of 4:1 which is ”more natural”?
The tyromix seems to be in a ratio 2:1 and is a synthetic form of thyroid.

I just read a comment that for hypthyroid people a ratio of 4:1 might be too much T4 for the body to convert and therefor 2:1 ratio would be preferable.

Do you happen to know any other reason why one would pick synthetic over natural?

B

Blaze

I’m actually looking into tyromix and tyromax at this very moment and found it an interesting option.
So the tyromax seems to be glandular thyroid and a T4/T3 ratio of 4:1 which is ”more natural”?
The tyromix seems to be in a ratio 2:1 and is a synthetic form of thyroid.

I just read a comment that for hypthyroid people a ratio of 4:1 might be too much T4 for the body to convert and therefor 2:1 ratio would be preferable.

Do you happen to know any other reason why one would pick synthetic over natural?
Synthetic and natural prescription meds will usually be way more powerful than the no prescription natural products which usually are just desiccated thyroid.
Tyromix on the other hand is supposedly a synthetic that mimics armor's 4:1 ratio. No prescription at all needed is the advantage I guess.
Tyromax is the natural dessicated thyroid gland itself.
With either of the the non-prescription things potency would be my concern. You could try them and later give feedback as to whether they seem to be sufficiently powerful enough formulations.

L_C

Just started pregnenolone for the very first time yesterday. Got a small bag of powder that has a total of 1250 - 20mg doses from a company called bulk supplements. Wish they had included a measuring spoon. Derived from wild yam supposedly. I had no extreme reaction to a larger 50mg dose taken yesterday at dinner. Woke up and felt ok today. Took another dose with food this morning. Are the wild yam based pregnenolones any good?
Can’t comment on bulk supplements. I have never used them but wild yam pregnenolone is what you need. 50mg might not be enough for you or it might take some time to kick in.

L_C

So pregnenolone seems to calm you down a lot but progesterone sound pretty intense. It’s interesting that everyone can react so differently...
By the way, be careful with progesterone if you are a guy. I know guys do benefit from it but no idea how much. Do the research before supplementing. Probably better to start with vitamin E (but you will need to balance it with other fat solubles, Mg etc).

Infarouge

Ive messed around with varying doses and forms (sublingual, oral, micronized, etc) of pregnenalone but never experienced any distinct effect aside from possibly increased skin oiliness. What is the lowest dose that anyone has experienced a distinct repeatable effect? I've heard many naturopaths mention that doses over 5mg are effective, and much overthat that is supraphysiological and can be detrimental.

OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

Synthetic and natural prescription meds will usually be way more powerful than the no prescription natural products which usually are just desiccated thyroid.
Tyromix on the other hand is supposedly a synthetic that mimics armor's 4:1 ratio. No prescription at all needed is the advantage I guess.
Tyromax is the natural dessicated thyroid gland itself.
With either of the the non-prescription things potency would be my concern. You could try them and later give feedback as to whether they seem to be sufficiently powerful enough formulations.
Haidut states tyromix is 2:1 ratio on this forum though. I hear a lot of good things about it in the comment section.
I’m going to order Tyromax first to see how that goes. While taking it I also plan to increase my calories and nutrition intake to make sure my body has the fuel it needs.

OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

Ive messed around with varying doses and forms (sublingual, oral, micronized, etc) of pregnenalone but never experienced any distinct effect aside from possibly increased skin oiliness. What is the lowest dose that anyone has experienced a distinct repeatable effect? I've heard many naturopaths mention that doses over 5mg are effective, and much overthat that is supraphysiological and can be detrimental.
I read some people stating that there’s a dose where it increases libido by a lot and then if you go over a certain range it kills libido completely.
So you might wanna up the dose (safely) untill you feel some effect... but I don’t know.

OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

By the way, be careful with progesterone if you are a guy. I know guys do benefit from it but no idea how much. Do the research before supplementing. Probably better to start with vitamin E (but you will need to balance it with other fat solubles, Mg etc).
Yes, you’re probably right. Thanks.

Salome

I take 400mg progesterone rectally every night, up from 200mg for a year. My acne cleared up, as did my eczema (extremely dry, rough, and scaly eyelids, corners of mouth, inside of elbow). I also look younger in the face. Also paler (in a good way). I have never tried thyroid.

imcoconut

I take 400mg progesterone rectally every night, up from 200mg for a year. My acne cleared up, as did my eczema (extremely dry, rough, and scaly eyelids, corners of mouth, inside of elbow). I also look younger in the face. Also paler (in a good way). I have never tried thyroid.
Are you a man or a woman?

opethfeldt

Thyroid is a bit of a hit or miss for me. Very difficult to find a dose that works but a mix of t3/t4 in the ratio found in Tyromix works well for me. Pregnenolone used to be very beneficial for me but has since become unusable. Any amount of oral preg and I feel stressed and cry randomly. I've tried using it topically, which had no noticeable effects, as well as sublingual, which was similar to oral.

Progesterone is awesome. I use 3 ish milligrams daily and don't leave home without it. I barely produce any naturally and it makes me feel amazing and a much more pleasant person to be around. Progesterone is the most potent thing I've tried for stress and in combination with Cypro, I feel pretty much immune to it.

Austin Resch

- Bettered my sleep
- Carrot salads

and highly appreciated.

P.S.
I have also read of people including high cholesterol + sat. fat intake along with T3/T4, oftentimes even experiencing beneficial effects from cholesterol powder.

Another option I read was the combined use of Preg. + DHEA + K2 (scrotally), not sure how they compare in terms of androgenicity, or how they would fair together?

These may be other potential experiments (low cost/risk) that may be beneficial:
- light optimization (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrwF6oVaa0k
)
- cold thermogenesis (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6jqaALpEFM
)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals