Is Cotton and Leather the only safe clothing materials ? What do people think of Cashmere/wool/linen ?

Dr. B

@JamesGatz good thread topics I think given your recent topics one area I dont know if youve looked into yet, is the hormonal effects of perfumes.

I think a lot of perfumes on market may have estrogenic effects due to bad filler ingredients/synthetic ingredients. but I suspect things like ambergris, real deer musk, and castoreum and civet and things may have androgenic effects. the musk, castoreum and civet are i believe used by male animals to mark their territory and musk is also used to attract females. I think musk would be androgenic. and I think the only legal musk is siberian deer musk since musk deer are endangered. from what i remember a small 2 oz or 3oz bottle of siberian deer musk was like $385 back in 2018, dont remember which website had it.

there is a synthetic lab made version of ambergris and deer musk and etc that many brands use but it smelling the same may not mean it has the same hormonal effects as the real thing. i think androsterone applied topically seems to have some similar effects as deer musk, pheromone like effects. its rare to find a perfume using the real stuff ive heard some claim the creed aventus uses real ambergris, and some of the very high end fragrances use real musk like initio aphrodisiac or some roja perfumes...

Vajra

@JamesGatz good thread topics I think given your recent topics one area I dont know if youve looked into yet, is the hormonal effects of perfumes.

I think a lot of perfumes on market may have estrogenic effects due to bad filler ingredients/synthetic ingredients. but I suspect things like ambergris, real deer musk, and castoreum and civet and things may have androgenic effects. the musk, castoreum and civet are i believe used by male animals to mark their territory and musk is also used to attract females. I think musk would be androgenic. and I think the only legal musk is siberian deer musk since musk deer are endangered. from what i remember a small 2 oz or 3oz bottle of siberian deer musk was like $385 back in 2018, dont remember which website had it.

there is a synthetic lab made version of ambergris and deer musk and etc that many brands use but it smelling the same may not mean it has the same hormonal effects as the real thing. i think androsterone applied topically seems to have some similar effects as deer musk, pheromone like effects. its rare to find a perfume using the real stuff ive heard some claim the creed aventus uses real ambergris, and some of the very high end fragrances use real musk like initio aphrodisiac or some roja perfumes...
Androsterone smells amazing, so I think I ought to find out if it's pro-metabolic.
See this post: "It takes a larger dose on the skin than orally. Male pheromones cause a surge of estrogen in females. For example, a young woman who hadn’t menstruated in many months visited on a spring afternoon to ask my advice, and she stayed until it was getting cold so she borrowed my sweater. She returned it the next day, and said her period had started. That has been called the “male mouse effect,” a surge of estrogen that will cause a pregnant female to abort if it smells a new male, but it seems to be very strong in humans and mammals generally."

Dr. B

Androsterone smells amazing, so I think I ought to find out if it's pro-metabolic.
See this post: "It takes a larger dose on the skin than orally. Male pheromones cause a surge of estrogen in females. For example, a young woman who hadn’t menstruated in many months visited on a spring afternoon to ask my advice, and she stayed until it was getting cold so she borrowed my sweater. She returned it the next day, and said her period had started. That has been called the “male mouse effect,” a surge of estrogen that will cause a pregnant female to abort if it smells a new male, but it seems to be very strong in humans and mammals generally."
wow, so simply being around a different male can cause a woman to abort the baby in her belly?

seely

wow, so simply being around a different male can cause a woman to abort the baby in her belly?
Hmmmm.

Women retain the sperm dna forever in her brain, including that of any sons born to her.

So being around a brother/uncle/cousin/son with similar dna likely wouldn’t produce a response. Maybe explains the familiar ties so prevalent in history. I wonder if a pregnant women is desensitized by relative pheromone smells too.

But certainly doesn’t account for all the surviving milkman’s babies. My oldest brother is 20 years my senior and we just discovered Him last year after a DNA test. His mom lived with her husband for many years before telling the truth. (Or maybe they had the milkman’s baby because of the pheromones that were absent in her spouse).

Dr. B

Hmmmm.

Women retain the sperm dna forever in her brain, including that of any sons born to her.

So being around a brother/uncle/cousin/son with similar dna likely wouldn’t produce a response. Maybe explains the familiar ties so prevalent in history. I wonder if a pregnant women is desensitized by relative pheromone smells too.

But certainly doesn’t account for all the surviving milkman’s babies. My oldest brother is 20 years my senior and we just discovered Him last year after a DNA test. His mom lived with her husband for many years before telling the truth. (Or maybe they had the milkman’s baby because of the pheromones that were absent in her spouse).

what do you mean hes your brother, but had different parents?

hei

With leather, should someone be worried about residuals from the tanning and dyeing process, and the products for treating it doesn't dry out and crack?

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I would like to bless someone on the forum - I have a new pair of ***Grounded*** loafers (Allen Edmonds) that I would like to give away for free.

- Size 13 US 3E (Extra Extra Extra Wide Width)
- The shoes are grounded (meaning it connects you to the earth's electrical charge - the entire shoe including the soles are 100% leather)
- Completely new with everything included
- MSRP for the shoe was $400

No strings attached - I only ask that you can

- Prove you are a size 13 US (I would like to give this away to someone who genuinely would appreciate it and wouldn't then try to sell it)
- Cover the shipping cost to ship them to you

There is nothing wrong with it - I am giving it away because it was an extra pair I was planning on eventually wearing but my feet have grown recently and I am no longer a size 13 US

You can message me if interested - thanks. If multiple people message me I will probably choose someone random or whomever is easiest for me to ship to

Summer

Dang James, you must be a tall dude. I am size 13 but my feet aren’t very wide so I don’t think they’d fit. But I’m glad this thread got bumped. It reminded me I need to invest in better clothing, especially before they continue to inflate the currency even further.

Gânico

I think silk is the best fabric for clothing, brain tanned hides/leather are very good too.

Regarding shoes, it's very difficult to find good quality ones with leather soles, an alternative would be the classic "alpargatas" with natural fiber rope soles

Alpargata Rueda

ReSTART

most natural fibres and upholstery are safe unless they are cheaply or poorly made.

in the processing they are treated with chemicals directly like leather and fur product or chemicals are heavily used in the production process with cotton and flax, etc.

cheap products use cheaper chemicals and usually don’t wash them out fully before selling them.

that’s why those cheap “genuine leather” belts and bags smell so weird.

ScottyVP

I just thought I'd chime in on a couple of points as I make outdoor gear and I got poisoned with the amount of PFCs I was exposed to until switching to more traditional materials and away from synthetic nylons and polyesters with waterproof treatments.

Wool: the washable types (such as Icebreaker) are put through extensive processing to remove outer sheath of the wool so it won't felt (nearly always done in China). These make good t-shirts etc but for jumpers I think more traditional untreated wool is superior in water-resistance and wicking. Traditional wool also lasts far longer as the outer sheath stabilises the garment. Cashmere, alpaca etc tend not to go through these processes as they're high enough quality to not warrant it.

The treatments for fire, stain and water resistance are used everywhere and extensively and are poisonous. Always wash your new clothing but even then don't presume they're gone. Buying for longevity can lessen exposure but obviously more difficult for things such as underwear or t-shirts

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I've been doing a lot of experimentation with different materials and stones recently- Moonstone , Turquoise stone, and wood - currently I've been making my own jewelry with leather cords and beads of the rocks and materials I like

moon-gemstone-500x500.jpg

Wood gives a very good DHT effect - the good-looking stones seem to increase Progesterone (Moonstone and Turquoise both had that effect on me) - currently I'm wearing a lot of leather and wooden jewelry - feels powerful especially combined with my stainless steel jewelry​

Bluebell

@JamesGatz How very cool. Love the sound of making your own stuff from what appeals to you, and seeing how wearing it makes you feel. Do you drill holes into the stones? I collected little shells I wanted to make stuff from a while back, but making holes in them was difficult. Would love to see a pic of your creations if you are willing.

Last edited:
OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

@JamesGatz How very cool. Love the sound of making your own stuff from what appeals to you, and seeing how wearing it makes you feel. Do you drill holes into the stones? I collected little shells I wanted to make stuff from a while back, but making holes in them was difficult. Would love to see a pic of your creations if you are willing.
For jewelry - I have a few websites I get the beads with the holes in from - I have different leather cord I put them in - If I ever found a really nice rock walking I would probably collect it, but I don't find much like that in my place of living

On the left are all beads/material that I find to increase Progesterone - Turquoise and Moonstone next to an old ring that doesn't fit me anymore in stainless steel - on the right are some wood beads - From my experimentation I find that good-looking rocks/minerals (gold, moonstone, silver, Turquoise, etc.) tend to increase Progesterone while rougher looking materials that aren't as visually impressive (wood, wool) tend to increase DHT - personally I believe the way a rock/mineral looks strongly indicates what effects it will have on you from a hormonal perspective but I have a lot more I would like to experiment with

7C7BB1B5-E797-4897-A793-F93F45ECD322.jpeg

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

This is another thing I realized recently when buying clothes:

100% cotton does not always mean 100% cotton

One thing that that is annoying is when I buy a cotton shirt and got estrogenic polyester symptoms - lo and behold I run my hands through the shirts threading and detect polyster threading

The most annoying part is that its really difficult to tell what kind of threading your clothes has when buying it online - you kind of have to run your hands through the threading in person to tell for sure

I'm making my own clothes now - I've been using a sewing machine the past month and have pretty good quality fabrics which took a while to find - I really know my stuff now in terms of setting it up, threading, measurements, etc.

It's really hard/stressful to do a good job though - especially when starting out it's tempting to quit but I had to in my case so I stuck with it - definitely a skill worth learning but it's not for the faint-hearted - through this experience I gained a lot of respect for the kids in China, India, etc that do this job for pennies on the dollar

Last edited:

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
That skill unlocks upon reaching the peatarian level 5.

Kidding aside, i think describing things in terms of hormones or neurotransmitters such as "being in a high androgen state" or "obviously a low thyroid serotogenic beta male" in regards to certain looks or personality traits are realy wierd ways to talk and look at the world personally.

Altough the first time i observed it i found it to be kinda funny.
That is really neat you are sewing now. It isn’t easy and all the nice finishing touches, like covered seams, take time but the item will last longer and look good,too. You are right that the girls and women in other countries do a great job for pennies.

Edit: I replied to the wrong post.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
This is another thing I realized recently when buying clothes:

100% cotton does not always mean 100% cotton

One thing that that is annoying is when I buy a cotton shirt and got estrogenic polyester symptoms - lo and behold I run my hands through the shirts threading and detect polyster threading

The most annoying part is that its really difficult to tell what kind of threading your clothes has when buying it online - you kind of have to run your hands through the threading in person to tell for sure

I'm making my own clothes now - I've been using a sewing machine the past month and have pretty good quality fabrics which took a while to find - I really know my stuff now in terms of setting it up, threading, measurements, etc.

It's really hard/stressful to do a good job though - especially when starting out it's tempting to quit but I had to in my case so I stuck with it - definitely a skill worth learning but it's not for the faint-hearted - through this experience I gained a lot of respect for the kids in China, India, etc that do this job for pennies on the dollar
That is really neat you are sewing now. It isn’t easy and all the nice finishing touches, like covered seams, take time but the item will last longer and look good,too. You are right that the girls and women in other countries do a great job for pennies.

This is what I meant to reply to.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I've been doing some experimentation with Carbon Fiber recently - The material is commonly used in car wraps and Nike's basketball shoes

673A07D6-E9E3-4540-958E-69D5027A7948.jpeg

And I experience potent DHT effects:

This is relevant because Steel is a mix of Carbon and Iron - I strongly believe this combination results in a mix of Progesterone/DHT benefits and by far beats out Gold and Silver

It's also worth noting Diamonds are made of Carbon so I strongly believe Diamonds are also androgenic as well

I like Gold and Silver but unlike Steel its more of a Progesterone benefit only and lacks the DHT benefits brought on by Steel

Stainless Steel in my view is one of the best experiences in terms of metal jewelry - it's cheap, lasts a while, and feels amazing - if you have only experimented with Gold/Silver but NOT with Steel I would HIGHLY recommend doing so

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom