Is Cotton and Leather the only safe clothing materials ? What do people think of Cashmere/wool/linen ?

Daniil

It bites?? Could you please expound on this a little?
Yes, I have cotton socks, and when I wear them, from time to time I get a sharp feeling in my toes, it's very unpleasant; I think something is sitting in them and biting me when it doesn't like something. Nothing like that with other socks.

Dr. B

Yes, I have cotton socks, and when I wear them, from time to time I get a sharp feeling in my toes, it's very unpleasant; I think something is sitting in them and biting me when it doesn't like something. Nothing like that with other socks.
you mean it has those sharp strands sometimes which can irritate the skin?

B

BRBsavinWorld

I got on a wool kick from learning (and experiencing) that it is way more breathable (even in humid summer days) here in Texas.

I eventually found that I just felt better in wool than cotton. It turns out that friction on wool releases negative ions, and there have been studies purporting benefits of that. I’m inclined to just do a little primal logic and say that negative ions must be beneficial to mammals, because it’s being produced by the hair of mammals.

I made wool shorts from serge and feldgrau 100% wool. I lined the waste band with silk. These are military trouser materials, which are the roughest wool there is. But, after a few washes and wear, they are soft and supple. Truly amazing. I go commando lol. Also, in wool I virtually stop stinking.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Through more recent experimentation I have found the following to be true -

Wool, Cashmere, Silk, Goose down/feathers all increase progesterone

Cotton is great too but it doesn't seem to increase progesterone as much as the others but my DHT is higher with cotton

These are images of models wearing wool and cashmere notice how neotenic their features are - large shoulders and skull on a man and large breasts on a woman

original.jpg
manwithlonghair.PNG

And we can compare this to the anti-neotenic look of models wearing polyster - small breasts and large hands on a female and small shoulders and small skull on the male

Capture.PNG
clothes2.PNG

Another good rule to follow is to buy clothes with metal zippers rather than plastic buttons - make it more electroconductive

I do think Wool and Cashmere is best - I take 100% wool well but blends are always incorporating these toxic synthetics

Nomane Euger

Through more recent experimentation I have found the following to be true -

Wool, Cashmere, Silk, Goose down/feathers all increase progesterone

Cotton is great too but it doesn't seem to increase progesterone as much as the others but my DHT is higher with cotton

These are images of models wearing wool and cashmere notice how neotenic their features are - large shoulders and skull on a man and large breasts on a woman

View attachment 31706View attachment 31709

And we can compare this to the anti-neotenic look of models wearing polyster - small breasts and large hands on a female and small shoulders and small skull on the male

View attachment 31707View attachment 31708

Another good rule to follow is to buy clothes with metal zippers rather than plastic buttons - make it more electroconductive

I do think Wool and Cashmere is best - I take 100% wool well but blends are always incorporating these toxic synthetics
hi dude,with all my respect,are you dumb?why would you assume the clothes they are wearing are the cause or one of the cause of their physical attributes(wich it could be),rather than they got picked because their physics feated the brand,the type of tissue,and the vision of the peoples that produce these clothes?the post i relevant btw,only talking about your last share

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

hi dude,with all my respect,are you dumb?why would you assume the clothes they are wearing are the cause or one of the cause of their physical attributes(wich it could be),rather than they got picked because their physics feated the brand,the type of tissue,and the vision of the peoples that produce these clothes?the post i relevant btw,only talking about your last share
I assume it because I don't find an exception to the rule - scrolling through nike/adidas (where many of their clothes are polyester or synthetic blends - their models generally display anti-neotenic traits and higher estradiol)

The opposite is true for models when go through the wool and cashmere section (such as Brooks Brothers, RL Purple Label, etc)

and based on my experimentation with 100% cashmere and wool clothes - I do get a noticeable increase in progesterone and my body does get more neotenic.

an increase in estradiol vs progesterone displays immediate changes in body shape, size, and composition so I definitely think what I said was completely reasonable

Nomane Euger

I assume it because I don't find an exception to the rule - scrolling through nike/adidas (where many of their clothes are polyester or synthetic blends - their models generally display anti-neotenic traits and higher estradiol)

The opposite is true for models when go through the wool and cashmere section (such as Brooks Brothers, RL Purple Label, etc)

and based on my experimentation with 100% cashmere and wool clothes - I do get a noticeable increase in progesterone and my body does get more neotenic.

an increase in estradiol vs progesterone displays immediate changes in body shape, size, and composition so I definitely think what I said was completely reasonable
yes,to me the fact that their models displays similar physics,it make even more sense to assume that the reason the nike/Adidas models look"anti neotic traits/higher estradiol" not because of the clothes,but because they have been choosed for these physical features,and the models that wear cashmere...Etc have been picked because their physical features feat the idea of the brand and the type of peoples they want to reach.i dont disagree with clothes having an influence,thats not irelevant,there is specific underwear if i wear them i get sex dreams for sure.there is nothing unreasonable in saying "an increase in estradiol vs progesterone displays immediate changes in body shape, size, and composition"in this context first assuming that that is what cause their physics or having a significant influence on the development of this physic seems wrong,specifically if you teel me that models from the same brand display similars physical features.which characteristics//feelings do you associate to DHT,progesterone,testosterone,for each individually.btw if we go about speculation,the gorgous woman seems like high E2,not low

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

yes,to me the fact that their models displays similar physics,it make even more sense to assume that the reason the nike/Adidas models look"anti neotic traits/higher estradiol" not because of the clothes,but because they have been choosed for these physical features,and the models that wear cashmere...Etc have been picked because their physical features feat the idea of the brand and the type of peoples they want to reach.i dont disagree with clothes having an influence,thats not irelevant,there is specific underwear if i wear them i get sex dreams for sure.there is nothing unreasonable in saying "an increase in estradiol vs progesterone displays immediate changes in body shape, size, and composition"in this context first assuming that that is what cause their physics or having a significant influence on the development of this physic seems wrong,specifically if you teel me that models from the same brand display similars physical features.which characteristics//feelings do you associate to DHT,progesterone,testosterone,for each individually.btw if we go about speculation,the gorgous woman seems like high E2,not low
This is an even better example I pulled from vineyard vines - pictures of the same models wearing cashmere vs wearing a polyester fleece blend

Cashmere sweater:
2E001350_3084_OF_046_ED2.jpg

vs polyester fleece

2K001883_976_OF_ED.jpg

Cashmere sweater:

2E001453_252_OF_035_ED.jpg

vs polyester fleece:

2K002287_111_OF_005_F.jpg

Cashmere sweater:

2E001511_976_OF_060_ED.jpg

Polyester Skirt:

2R000015_464_OF_002_F.jpg

There is an incredible difference I notice in their mood and their skin and hair when I see them wear cashmere/wool vs polyester or synthetic blends -

Their skin and hair glows more, their bodies look more figured/neotenous when wearing cashmere in this instance and their smiles look genuine

They seem more depressed and stressed when wearing the polyester - every picture I find of a girl wearing cashmere on this site seems high progesterone - they all look happy and their skin/hair is glowing

2E001358_430_OF_063_ED.jpg

This woman I posted earlier I think is close to perfect in hormones - she comes off to me as both higher DHT and higher progesterone - the tone of her skin and her plumpness signal DHT to me yet she still has that glow from progesterone

original.jpg

She is a good example of what I think is best - high progesterone but not too high with high enough DHT to balance - I associate high E2 with the girls wearing the polyester sweaters in terms of look and body type

Last edited:

OccamzRazer

Yo it's Christmas man, be nice!! ?

Nomane Euger

Yo it's Christmas man, be nice!! ?
i am nice,where i come from saying to someone "are you dumb"is not consider not nice in most context

miquelangeles

This is an even better example I pulled from vineyard vines - pictures of the same models wearing cashmere vs wearing a polyester fleece blend

Cashmere sweater:
View attachment 31712

vs polyester fleece

View attachment 31713

Cashmere sweater:

View attachment 31715

vs polyester fleece:

View attachment 31714

Cashmere sweater:

View attachment 31716

Polyester Skirt:

View attachment 31717

There is an incredible difference I notice in their mood and their skin and hair when I see them wear cashmere/wool vs polyester or synthetic blends -

Their skin and hair glows more, their bodies look more figured/neotenous when wearing cashmere in this instance and their smiles look genuine

They seem more depressed and stressed when wearing the polyester - every picture I find of a girl wearing cashmere on this site seems high progesterone - they all look happy and their skin/hair is glowing

View attachment 31718

This woman I posted earlier I think is close to perfect in hormones - she comes off to me as both higher DHT and higher progesterone - the tone of her skin and her plumpness signal DHT to me yet she still has that glow from progesterone

View attachment 31719

She is a good example of what I think is best - high progesterone but not too high with high enough DHT to balance - I associate high E2 with the girls wearing the polyester sweaters in terms of look and body type

Great thread, people don't realize how important this is. It has been discussed here before how polyester underwear is an effective contraceptive for men.

There are several studies showing that wool improves sleep and increases growth hormone, even when a wool pad is placed under the bed sheets.

An interesting fact is that wool itself contains progesterone, and the wool progesterone level drastically increases during pregnancy. And sheep are usually sheared once per year before lambing, because shearing during mid-pregnancy improves lamb birth weight by 15-25%.

wool-progesterone.png

Not saying that you absorb progesterone from wool clothing, but animal studies show the texture alone can have profound influence on hormones.

It's worth buying a wool mattress topper.

miquelangeles

NURSING LOW-BIRTHWEIGHT BABIES ON LAMBSWOOL

At the special-care baby unit of The Cambridge Maternity Hospital we have started to investigate the effect of nursing low-birthweight babies on lambswool whilst they are in incubators. Work by M. Powley, of the department of psychology, University of Dunedin, suggested that when lambswool was substituted for cotton bedding, babies in incubators made fewer movements (unpublished).

We studied six symptom-free babies (three male, three female) from a mean age of 27 days and body-weight of 1369 g up to the time they attained a weight of 1-7 kg, a period of 8-16 days, after which they were transferred to a cot. Each baby served as its own control: it was put on lambswool for 24 h alternating with cotton for 24 h. Every baby had at least 4 days on each type of bedding, the order being randomized.

The bedding was changed at the same time each evening and the baby was left to settle on it overnight. Movements were noted the next morning for 90 min and again in the evening, after which the nurses weighed the baby before the bedding was changed. The mats were ’Lamb-Pads’ (Dermalex) consisting of 22 mm of lambswool woven into a synthetic backing so they could be laundered. Tests by the bacteriology department showed this to be a safe procedure. Before they were first used, the mats were washed to eliminate any loose fibres. The babies wore a waterproof napkin only and were alternated between supine and prone positions 3-hourly.

An observer used a rating-scale which was condensed to give three categories of movement - "minimal" (no movement other than quiet respiration or slight peripheral movements, of the lips or fingers, for example); "moderate" (slow-to-moderate movement of one or more limbs or trunk); or "vigorous" (fast, vigorous movement of one or more limbs or trunk). During observation sessions the highest rating point of movement seen over each 20s period was recorded for 90 mm. At the end of the session the number of 20s periods in each category was added up, thus giving a measure of the total time spent executing movements in that category. Mechanical recording was later added to give a more objective measure and to allow occasional 24h monitoring. An apnoea alarm mattress with signal amplification was connected to a pen recorder so the pen deflection gave an index of movement. The visual and mechanical methods corresponded very ctosely; because the mechanical recorder was unavailable at the beginning of the experiment the results (see table) refer to observer ratings only.

1640515598862.png

Incubator temperature, room temperature, and baby temperature showed no difference under the two conditions; the feeding schedule was the same, as was the frequency of bowel movement. 24h recording by machine revealed that the same activity level differences were maintained throughout the daily cycle and were no greater at observation time.

Possible explanations for the striking improvement in weight gain (more than 10 g a day extra) and reduction in activity might include:

Reduced oxygen consumption
(due to reduced movement). If O2 consumption rises 5 ml/kg/min during exertion which is reduced by 1 h/day (see table), with conversion factors of 0-005 kcal/ml O2 and 0.25 g/kcal, the saving would be slightly less than 1 g/day.

Reduced radiant-heat loss due to (a) less skin area uncovered at rest or (b) less time spent moving, when heat loss is greater. Estimates: (a) if the lambswool covers 15% more body area than the sheet and allows no radiant heat loss, in a typical baby losing 7 kcal/m2/h with a surface area of 0.25 m2 the saving would be 1.3 g/day; (b) if heat loss increases by 10 kcal/m2/h during exertion and this is reduced by 1 h/day, the saving would be 1-2 2 g/day. Whilst the heat-loss savings could in theory account for a little (2 - g) of the extra weight gain, the explanation may not be valid since at the mean temperatures used, 33-5°C incubator and 27-1°C room, babies of this weight are in their thermally neutral zone! where a reduction in heat loss is not necessarily associated with less energy expenditure. Therefore any weight change not accounted for this way will require other explanation.

Texture. Animal studies indicate that texture alone can play a profound role in putting stress on the newborn; by increasing output of hormones which raise metabolic rate, such as thyroxine and catecholamines, the stress may have an effect on weight gain. In Harlow’s2 classical experiments with rhesus monkeys, when the material out of which the surrogate mother was made was changed from "terry-towelling" to wire mesh, the time spent clinging to the "mother" was drastically reduced and all the baby’s exploratory play behaviour was abolished. Human babies might also be powerfully affected by texture and show similar predispositions at an age when tactile stimuli are influential. Current hospital practice may thus be unwittingly placing stress on the newborn.

Further research is being set up with a larger number of babies kept continuously on lambswool.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Great thread, people don't realize how important this is. It has been discussed here before how polyester underwear is an effective contraceptive for men.

There are several studies showing that wool improves sleep and increases growth hormone, even when a wool pad is placed under the bed sheets.

An interesting fact is that wool itself contains progesterone, and the wool progesterone level drastically increases during pregnancy. And sheep are usually sheared once per year before lambing, because shearing during mid-pregnancy improves lamb birth weight by 15-25%.

View attachment 31739

Not saying that you absorb progesterone from wool clothing, but animal studies show the texture alone can have profound influence on hormones.

It's worth buying a wool mattress topper.

NURSING LOW-BIRTHWEIGHT BABIES ON LAMBSWOOL

At the special-care baby unit of The Cambridge Maternity Hospital we have started to investigate the effect of nursing low-birthweight babies on lambswool whilst they are in incubators. Work by M. Powley, of the department of psychology, University of Dunedin, suggested that when lambswool was substituted for cotton bedding, babies in incubators made fewer movements (unpublished).

We studied six symptom-free babies (three male, three female) from a mean age of 27 days and body-weight of 1369 g up to the time they attained a weight of 1-7 kg, a period of 8-16 days, after which they were transferred to a cot. Each baby served as its own control: it was put on lambswool for 24 h alternating with cotton for 24 h. Every baby had at least 4 days on each type of bedding, the order being randomized.

The bedding was changed at the same time each evening and the baby was left to settle on it overnight. Movements were noted the next morning for 90 min and again in the evening, after which the nurses weighed the baby before the bedding was changed. The mats were ’Lamb-Pads’ (Dermalex) consisting of 22 mm of lambswool woven into a synthetic backing so they could be laundered. Tests by the bacteriology department showed this to be a safe procedure. Before they were first used, the mats were washed to eliminate any loose fibres. The babies wore a waterproof napkin only and were alternated between supine and prone positions 3-hourly.

An observer used a rating-scale which was condensed to give three categories of movement - "minimal" (no movement other than quiet respiration or slight peripheral movements, of the lips or fingers, for example); "moderate" (slow-to-moderate movement of one or more limbs or trunk); or "vigorous" (fast, vigorous movement of one or more limbs or trunk). During observation sessions the highest rating point of movement seen over each 20s period was recorded for 90 mm. At the end of the session the number of 20s periods in each category was added up, thus giving a measure of the total time spent executing movements in that category. Mechanical recording was later added to give a more objective measure and to allow occasional 24h monitoring. An apnoea alarm mattress with signal amplification was connected to a pen recorder so the pen deflection gave an index of movement. The visual and mechanical methods corresponded very ctosely; because the mechanical recorder was unavailable at the beginning of the experiment the results (see table) refer to observer ratings only.

View attachment 31740

Incubator temperature, room temperature, and baby temperature showed no difference under the two conditions; the feeding schedule was the same, as was the frequency of bowel movement. 24h recording by machine revealed that the same activity level differences were maintained throughout the daily cycle and were no greater at observation time.

Possible explanations for the striking improvement in weight gain (more than 10 g a day extra) and reduction in activity might include:

Reduced oxygen consumption
(due to reduced movement). If O2 consumption rises 5 ml/kg/min during exertion which is reduced by 1 h/day (see table), with conversion factors of 0-005 kcal/ml O2 and 0.25 g/kcal, the saving would be slightly less than 1 g/day.

Reduced radiant-heat loss due to (a) less skin area uncovered at rest or (b) less time spent moving, when heat loss is greater. Estimates: (a) if the lambswool covers 15% more body area than the sheet and allows no radiant heat loss, in a typical baby losing 7 kcal/m2/h with a surface area of 0.25 m2 the saving would be 1.3 g/day; (b) if heat loss increases by 10 kcal/m2/h during exertion and this is reduced by 1 h/day, the saving would be 1-2 2 g/day. Whilst the heat-loss savings could in theory account for a little (2 - g) of the extra weight gain, the explanation may not be valid since at the mean temperatures used, 33-5°C incubator and 27-1°C room, babies of this weight are in their thermally neutral zone! where a reduction in heat loss is not necessarily associated with less energy expenditure. Therefore any weight change not accounted for this way will require other explanation.

Texture. Animal studies indicate that texture alone can play a profound role in putting stress on the newborn; by increasing output of hormones which raise metabolic rate, such as thyroxine and catecholamines, the stress may have an effect on weight gain. In Harlow’s2 classical experiments with rhesus monkeys, when the material out of which the surrogate mother was made was changed from "terry-towelling" to wire mesh, the time spent clinging to the "mother" was drastically reduced and all the baby’s exploratory play behaviour was abolished. Human babies might also be powerfully affected by texture and show similar predispositions at an age when tactile stimuli are influential. Current hospital practice may thus be unwittingly placing stress on the newborn.

Further research is being set up with a larger number of babies kept continuously on lambswool.

This is extremely interesting - I recently bought a 100% wool jacket - even the lining inside the jacket is wool and silk which was hard for me to find and it does feel incredible - very high status in the progesterone way but my androgens still feel high while wearing it so I do think it's a good balance - definitely blows my other winter jackets out of the water

miquelangeles

This is extremely interesting - I recently bought a 100% wool jacket - even the lining inside the jacket is wool and silk which was hard for me to find and it does feel incredible - very high status in the progesterone way but my androgens still feel high while wearing it so I do think it's a good balance - definitely blows my other winter jackets out of the water
Yes. It has a luxurious and elegant feel. I was taught from childhood that wool is best by my grandparents and parents. My father is an electrical engineer and he hated synthetic fibers with a passion because of their static-charge accumulation. He wouldn't let me wear anything made of synthetics.

There are even underwear or t-shirts made from merino wool but I'll probably stick to cotton for underwear, although wool is supposed to keep you both warm and cool depending on season. Merino wool is softer than regular wool and you can wear it next to skin. Wool is also naturally antibacterial and it doesn't develop bad odors easily.

For bed sheets you should try Egyptian cotton.

I did sleep on a wool topper before and it was great although there could have been other factors too. But I'm going to get one now after seeing those studies. There must be something to it.

If you look at this table on the Triboelectric effect of fibers:

Leather, animal furs and wool they all readily give away their electrons, whereas synthetic fibers steal electrons from the skin.

Wool contains about 15% water which is bound to the internal proteins, and it's this internal water that allows the static electricity to leak away. Leather moisture ranges from 10% to 30%.

Dr. B

Cashmere sweater:
View attachment 31712

vs polyester fleece

View attachment 31713

Cashmere sweater:

View attachment 31715

vs polyester fleece:

View attachment 31714

Cashmere sweater:

View attachment 31716

Polyester Skirt:

View attachment 31717

View attachment 31718

View attachment 31719

who is that large breasted woman? and it seems like she also has a larger belly!

Yes. It has a luxurious and elegant feel. I was taught from childhood that wool is best by my grandparents and parents. My father is an electrical engineer and he hated synthetic fibers with a passion because of their static-charge accumulation. He wouldn't let me wear anything made of synthetics.

There are even underwear or t-shirts made from merino wool but I'll probably stick to cotton for underwear, although wool is supposed to keep you both warm and cool depending on season. Merino wool is softer than regular wool and you can wear it next to skin. Wool is also naturally antibacterial and it doesn't develop bad odors easily.

For bed sheets you should try Egyptian cotton.

I did sleep on a wool topper before and it was great although there could have been other factors too. But I'm going to get one now after seeing those studies. There must be something to it.

If you look at this table on the Triboelectric effect of fibers:

Leather, animal furs and wool they all readily give away their electrons, whereas synthetic fibers steal electrons from the skin.

Wool contains about 15% water which is bound to the internal proteins, and it's this internal water that allows the static electricity to leak away. Leather moisture ranges from 10% to 30%.

which supplements provide electrons and which steal them? i thought vitamin C is an electron donor but that its actually not advised to supplement electron donors?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom