Indoor Temperatures

anp

What temperatures do you run during the winter/fall indoors? I'm not in a particularly cold climate but a dry one that does require heating and i prefer not to really bundle up much at all. The question is how cool can your environment get say working at a computer with a good metabolism and not drop into stress/cold hands&feet? Haven't turned on the heat yet and my body isn't enjoying 68F.

TheDrumGuy

I had typed out a whole post but messed it up, tldr is I also like it around 80 but I keep it around 70 and wear pants, a sweatshirt, and socks.

Last edited:

TheDrumGuy

Here's a useful graph I found

facts_1.gif

Looks like 80-82 is where the body stops cooling the feet down. This is for a nude person, so maybe a few degrees cooler in shorts and t-shirt. We are tropical animals.

Last edited:

dfspcc20

Here's a useful graph I found

Looks like 80-82 is where the body stops cooling the feet down. This is for a nude person, so maybe a few degrees cooler in shorts and t-shirt. We are tropical animals.

Nice graph. That illustrates why some thick, wool socks make things so much more bearable during the winter.

OP
A

anp

Yeah, i guess it is the warmer the better then. It's different in winter as the radiant heat off the surfaces are not there so what feels cool in summer is even cooler in winter. So what temperature do you guys keep your sleeping space at night?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals