"I started drinking tap water"

J

j.

Scientists in Germany have found that PET plastics -- the kind used to make water bottles, among many other common products -- may also harbor hormone-disrupting chemicals that leach into the water.

"What we found was really surprising to us," Wagner said. "If you drink water from plastic bottles, you have a high probability of drinking estrogenic compounds."

"Having done all of these experiments, I started drinking tap water"

Link

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Plastic, making women out of men.

J

j.

I haven't found anything about which water to drink or avoid from Ray Peat, unfortunately.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Water from milk, fruit, broth, etc.....

Dean

Charlie said:
Water from milk, fruit, broth, etc.....

Yeah, but where do you get the water from to make broth and coffee? I guess you could buy the carbonated mineral waters packaged in glass and let them flatten out?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Mineral waters will have iron in them.

I use reverse osmosis water. Honestly not sure its the best to use though.

This is an entirely good question and I think someone should volunteer to run is across Ray Peat.

Dean

Charlie said:
Mineral waters will have iron in them.

I use reverse osmosis water. Honestly not sure its the best to use though.

This is an entirely good question and I think someone should volunteer to run is across Ray Peat.

It's a sticky question alright. Which is worse, the iron from the sparkling mineral water or the plastic that all the distilled, spring, and RO waters come in?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
I have an RO filter here at home. That does run through plastic lines though. Maybe I should switch them out to copper. Hmmmmm

Dean

Copper lines. Why not, Charlie. You've come this far, why not go all the way?

How high is the iron content in the quality carbonated mineral waters? I picked up a few bottles of the Gerolsteiner mentioned here on another thread for the lithium content. Should I nip that in the bud?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Dean I dunno about how high the iron is. I just know that we are supposed to avoid iron as much as possible from what I gather. That's one of the reasons we use the canning salt as opposed to regular ole sea salt.

J

j.

This is the analysis for Mountain Valley Spring Water:

Iron: not detected. Detection limit: 0.02mg/L

Link

Jenn

Spring water is best, then gravity fed and cistern. Everything else is going to vary depending on what is available in your area. I like my well water (I based buying my house on how the water tasted) but other people have some nasty stuff coming out of their tap.

jyb

Where I lived in my teen, lead was known to be in the tap water. We knew it and the consensus was "not to drink too much". So we drank a lot of bottled water, but still we drank the tap water quite a bit because we believed it was ok as long as not too much.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D I Have Started And Stopped Starch Like 50 Times And The End Result Is Always The Same Starches, Fiber, Legumes 211
thingsvarious TRT At 22. At 24 I Started To Replace ALL Other Hormones Thyroid and Hormones 125
wealthofwisdom Getting Started With Female Hair Loss Hair & Nails 25
Velve921 After 5.5 Years, I Finally Started Losing Weight. Key Has Been Strictness Rant or Rave 24
B Hair Loss Speed Up After Started "Peating" Hair & Nails 27
B Scalp Itchiness After Started Peating Hair & Nails 50
F I've Just Started A Peat Style Diet And Am Very Impressed With The Results Meet & Greet 3
L I'm 6 Weeks Pregnant. Started Having Dissociative Seizures. Possible Dercums Disease Ask For Help or Advice 13
I I Have Been Medically Cleared Out Of Severe Insomnia Yesterday; Started "peating" In May 2017 Insomnia, Sleep Issues 21
D Started Reacting To Amino Acids Amino Acids 6
Katelove Just Started Triyotex, Very Tired Metabolism 5
B I Started Supplementing Vitamin A Recently. Interesting Observation! (and Question) A 21
A Started To Gain Weight Suddenly Diet 1
beachbum Just Started Taurine, Pretty Good Results Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 35
M Started Great, Now Gaining Belly Fat, Have High Blood Pressure, Starting To Feel Unwell Ask For Help or Advice 23
TurtleNeck How Do I Get Started With Red Light? Mental Issues 27
TurtleNeck How To Get Started In Buteyko? Mental Issues 3
P Just Started Methylene Blue Methylene Blue 87
R Getting Started The Peaty Way-All Advice Welcome! Diet 2
M Matty D Intro - Let's get the Fire started... Meet & Greet 9
Parsifal Do Those Of You Peating Since 4 Years Feel Different Than When They Started It? Health 8
M Just started taking Thiroyd Logs 5
B Started waking up every night feeling cold Insomnia, Sleep Issues 11
J Getting started after a year of research Ask For Help or Advice 1
F Just started peating Ask For Help or Advice 5
Peata Progesterone: How To Get Started, Side Effects Progesterone 21
kiran Just started Cyproheptadine Cyproheptadine 24
S Started Eggshell Calcium And K2 Supplements 23
MrMoose63 Getting Started. Thoughts Health 25
M Drinking away from meals? Diet 29
RWilly A cautionary note for those drinking milk and using baking soda or calcium carbonate Milk 3
T I can barely smell anything after drinking coffee. Is this normal? Diet 3
T Drinking alcohol, depression not caring. Mental Issues 30
username Is it normal to get very pale stools from drinking lots of milk? Milk 6
T Why Does Drinking Cause Suicidal Thoughts Now? Mental Issues 23
A Would Drinking Coffee Along With Turmeric Inhibit Iron Absorption? Ask For Help or Advice 5
A Stomach Discomfort/pain And Headache Immediately After Drinking ACV Ask For Help or Advice 13
D Drinking Lots Of Green Tea A Risk For Low Thyroid? Thyroid and Hormones 17
A Life Ruined From Drinking 6 Liters Of Water For Weeks Ask For Help or Advice 22
A Armpit Pain After Drinking Milk Ask For Help or Advice 5
RealNeat Testicular Pain Upon Drinking Coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J Had To Stop Drinking Milk (Extreme Irritability/agitation) Milk 5
Atma Drinking 1% Rather Than 2% Milk Accounts For 4.5 Years Of Less Aging In Adults Scientific Studies 9
Atma Drinking Mostly Skim Milk? Dairy 10
Gadreel Feeling Congested After Drinking A Fruit Smoothie Diet 15
Gadreel Out Of Breath After Eating Or Drinking Anything Ask For Help or Advice 2
E So Is Drinking Coffee On An Empty Stomach Dangerous Or Not Good? Coffee 11
C I'm Getting Reflux After Drinking OJ. Wasn't A Problem In The Past Though Digestion 24
haidut Drinking Fluoridated Water During Pregnancy May Lower IQ (in Sons) Scientific Studies 0
I Man Claims Drinking Pee Made His Hair Grow Back Hair & Nails 17