"I started drinking tap water"

J

j.

Scientists in Germany have found that PET plastics -- the kind used to make water bottles, among many other common products -- may also harbor hormone-disrupting chemicals that leach into the water.

"What we found was really surprising to us," Wagner said. "If you drink water from plastic bottles, you have a high probability of drinking estrogenic compounds."

"Having done all of these experiments, I started drinking tap water"

Link

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Plastic, making women out of men.

OP
J

j.

I haven't found anything about which water to drink or avoid from Ray Peat, unfortunately.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Water from milk, fruit, broth, etc.....

Dean

Charlie said:
Water from milk, fruit, broth, etc.....

Yeah, but where do you get the water from to make broth and coffee? I guess you could buy the carbonated mineral waters packaged in glass and let them flatten out?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mineral waters will have iron in them.

I use reverse osmosis water. Honestly not sure its the best to use though.

This is an entirely good question and I think someone should volunteer to run is across Ray Peat.

Dean

Charlie said:
Mineral waters will have iron in them.

I use reverse osmosis water. Honestly not sure its the best to use though.

This is an entirely good question and I think someone should volunteer to run is across Ray Peat.

It's a sticky question alright. Which is worse, the iron from the sparkling mineral water or the plastic that all the distilled, spring, and RO waters come in?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have an RO filter here at home. That does run through plastic lines though. Maybe I should switch them out to copper. Hmmmmm

Dean

Copper lines. Why not, Charlie. You've come this far, why not go all the way?

How high is the iron content in the quality carbonated mineral waters? I picked up a few bottles of the Gerolsteiner mentioned here on another thread for the lithium content. Should I nip that in the bud?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dean I dunno about how high the iron is. I just know that we are supposed to avoid iron as much as possible from what I gather. That's one of the reasons we use the canning salt as opposed to regular ole sea salt.

OP
J

j.

This is the analysis for Mountain Valley Spring Water:

Iron: not detected. Detection limit: 0.02mg/L

Link

Jenn

Spring water is best, then gravity fed and cistern. Everything else is going to vary depending on what is available in your area. I like my well water (I based buying my house on how the water tasted) but other people have some nasty stuff coming out of their tap.

jyb

Where I lived in my teen, lead was known to be in the tap water. We knew it and the consensus was "not to drink too much". So we drank a lot of bottled water, but still we drank the tap water quite a bit because we believed it was ok as long as not too much.