How to get thyroid without a prescription?

Peater503

Have TSH slightly above 2 , would like to get below towards around 1.0 with small doses of thyroid, both my general practitioner and endocrinologist says I'm not getting a prescription as long as I'm in the "normal" reference range (which we all know is far too wide nowadays, usually all the way up to 5.0)

Not sure what to do now. Do I have to try visiting like hundreds of different endocrinologists until I find one that gives me a prescription? Or is there an easier way?

Also, how come all kinds of animal organs like liver, heart, tongue, etc. are available in supermarkets but not thyroid?

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Have TSH slightly above 2 , would like to get below towards around 1.0 with small doses of thyroid, both my general practitioner and endocrinologist says I'm not getting a prescription as long as I'm in the "normal" reference range (which we all know is far too wide nowadays, usually all the way up to 5.0)

Not sure what to do now. Do I have to try visiting like hundreds of different endocrinologists until I find one that gives me a prescription? Or is there an easier way?

Also, how come all kinds of animal organs like liver, heart, tongue, etc. are available in supermarkets but not thyroid?
You could order Natural Dessicated Thyroid. I see that you live in France/Europe, so you could order "Metavive" Porcine or Bovine Thyroid from Proceps. They are a UK-based company but they ship from the Netherlands.
Or you could order "Allergy Research Thyroid" from Deltastar. They also ship from Holland/the Netherlands.

I also find it is a scandal that synthetic thyroid (T3 and T4) can only be bought via prescription.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter

OP
P

Peater503

You could order Natural Dessicated Thyroid. I see that you live in France/Europe, so you could order "Metavive" Porcine or Bovine Thyroid from Proceps. They are a UK-based company but they ship from the Netherlands.
Or you could order "Allergy Research Thyroid" from Deltastar. They also ship from Holland/the Netherlands.

I also find it is a scandal that synthetic thyroid (T3 and T4) can only be bought via prescription.
Thank you so much for these recommendations! So essentially, I order and then pray that they make it through customs? 😅

Also, are there any reasons to be taking Bovine over Porcine or vice versa? Because in this thread someone said, "Porcine thyroid tissue generally has a t4/t3 ratio of about 4:1 and is used in pretty much all of the prescription NDT, so I would go with that instead of the bovine" Is this true?

-Luke-

Thank you so much for these recommendations! So essentially, I order and then pray that they make it through customs? 😅
You don't have to pray, I don't think they check parcels within the EU. I bought from the-natural-choice.com (Netherlands) last year (to Germany) and it arrived within three days or so.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter

Also, are there any reasons to be taking Bovine over Porcine or vice versa? Because in this thread someone said, "Porcine thyroid tissue generally has a t4/t3 ratio of about 4:1 and is used in pretty much all of the prescription NDT, so I would go with that instead of the bovine" Is this true?
My pleasure! :)
Yeah, customs can be a pain in the a**.
Though it is said that it is very unlikely that customs check your parcels if you order from another EU country. But it is certainly possible. It's a shame that unhealthy people have to resort to such measures in order to get their health back! Everybody should have absolute freedom in buying meds and supps.

Yes, the difference between porcine and bovine NDT IS the t4/t3 ratio. If I remember correctly, bovine has more t4 than t3, but you can google that without problems. It is said that most people tolerate porcine NDT better, because pigs are more similar to humans than cows. But I also have read that some fellow hypo-people tolerate bovine much better. I guess, you have to experiment a bit.

Good luck, keep us updated!

OP
P

Peater503

You don't have to pray, I don't think they check parcels within the EU. I bought from the-natural-choice.com (Netherlands) last year (to Germany) and it arrived within three days or so.
That is very reassuring, thank you for sharing! 🙏

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Very nice!!! I also bought from that company successfully (= without customs hassles) once.

OP
P

Peater503

Though it is said that it is very unlikely that customs check your parcels if you order from another EU country. But it is certainly possible. It's a shame that unhealthy people have to resort to such measures in order to get their health back! Everybody should have absolute freedom in buying meds and supps.
Thank you for this reassurance, and I agree 100% 🙏
Yes, the difference between porcine and bovine NDT IS the t4/t3 ratio. If I remember correctly, bovine has more t4 than t3, but you can google that without problems. It is said that most people tolerate porcine NDT better, because pigs are more similar to humans than cows. But I also have read that some fellow hypo-people tolerate bovine much better. I guess, you have to experiment a bit.
Very interesting! Yes, I will be trying both then :smile:

I haven't mentioned it in my OP, but the main reason I'd like to try supplementing thyroid is because I have always had trouble putting on weight/muscle. One day, I read through one of RP's email exchanges, where he said that when he was young, he was hypo + running on stress hormones and, therefore, needed an insane amount of calories per day to maintain. He said he was able to cut this maintenance calories in half by supplementing thyroid. I also listened to one of his audio recordings that someone recommended me, where he said he met skinny men who could not put on any weight or muscle but after supplementing thyroid, they put on weight and muscle rather quickly. I believe I'm in the same situation, perhaps not as serious as it was for Ray with 8000 maintenance calories, but I believe I have the same root cause as I can eat 4000 calories daily with no weight gain. There is also my naturally low appetite (maybe also a result of too much stress hormones?) that makes it extremely difficult to eat in large portions, but I believe this is a secondary root cause. Just to give some more specific background on why I would like to try supplementing :sweatsmile:

Thanks again so much for your help !! I will be sure to update my progress here once it arrives 🙏🙏

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Thank you for this reassurance, and I agree 100% 🙏

Very interesting! Yes, I will be trying both then :smile:

I haven't mentioned it in my OP, but the main reason I'd like to try supplementing thyroid is because I have always had trouble putting on weight/muscle. One day, I read through one of RP's email exchanges, where he said that when he was young, he was hypo + running on stress hormones and, therefore, needed an insane amount of calories per day to maintain. He said he was able to cut this maintenance calories in half by supplementing thyroid. I also listened to one of his audio recordings that someone recommended me, where he said he met skinny men who could not put on any weight or muscle but after supplementing thyroid, they put on weight and muscle rather quickly. I believe I'm in the same situation, perhaps not as serious as it was for Ray with 8000 maintenance calories, but I believe I have the same root cause as I can eat 4000 calories daily with no weight gain. There is also my naturally low appetite (maybe also a result of too much stress hormones?) that makes it extremely difficult to eat in large portions, but I believe this is a secondary root cause. Just to give some more specific background on why I would like to try supplementing :sweatsmile:

Thanks again so much for your help !! I will be sure to update my progress here once it arrives 🙏🙏
Are you a diagnosed hypothroid person?
Yeah, please keep us updated. :)

OP
P

Peater503

Are you a diagnosed hypothroid person?
Yeah, please keep us updated. :)
Nope! Well, not according to the reference ranges here in France where you're only hypo above 5.0 TSH :sweatsmile:

I just looked at this post and one where RP said 0.4 is around ideal TSH, and so I concluded with my TSH being slightly above 2.0 (it used to be above 4.0 I found out looking through old blood tests lol) and also my symptoms (cold fingers and feet, overall low body temperature even after eating, inability to gain weight, muscle twitching (from mineral imbalances of hypo I assume?)) that I have some kind of light version of hypo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I also did a blood test recently and found I have (not chronic but) decently high cortisol (was like 480, top of the range was 535), so that would be another indication I guess :)

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Nope! Well, not according to the reference ranges here in France where you're only hypo above 5.0 TSH :sweatsmile:

I just looked at this post and one where RP said 0.4 is around ideal TSH, and so I concluded with my TSH being slightly above 2.0 (it used to be above 4.0 I found out looking through old blood tests lol) and also my symptoms (cold fingers and feet, overall low body temperature even after eating, inability to gain weight, muscle twitching (from mineral imbalances of hypo I assume?)) that I have some kind of light version of hypo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I also did a blood test recently and found I have (not chronic but) decently high cortisol (was like 480, top of the range was 535), so that would be another indication I guess :)
That sounds very hypo indeed! Good idea to try NDT!

It is sick that a TSH under 5 is interpreted as normal/Euthyroid in France and maybe in other countries, too.
On the other hand the TSH range (and other hormonal Ranges) changes with statistics and it seems to be the new normal that more and more people are hypo, therefore the "normal" lab values change.
And many people don't know that they are hypo because their doc doesn't diagnose them as such, because their TSH is "normal"!!!111

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter

Do you have website links for those? Duckduckgo is not being very gd useful..

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Do you have website links for those? Duckduckgo is not being very gd useful..

And www.deltastar.nl

OP
P

Peater503

That sounds very hypo indeed! Good idea to try NDT!

It is sick that a TSH under 5 is interpreted as normal/Euthyroid in France and maybe in other countries, too.
On the other hand the TSH range (and other hormonal Ranges) changes with statistics and it seems to be the new normal that more and more people are hypo, therefore the "normal" lab values change.
And many people don't know that they are hypo because their doc doesn't diagnose them as such, because their TSH is "normal"!!!111
Yes, insanity all around with modern medicine and thyroid, it's just wonderful isn't it :sweatsmile:
Almost makes me think that this is done intentionally to keep people from having performant thyroid and being healthy, but that is another discussion ;);)

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Yes, insanity all around with modern medicine and thyroid, it's just wonderful isn't it :sweatsmile:
Almost makes me think that this is done intentionally to keep people from having performant thyroid and being healthy, but that is another discussion ;);)
Absolutely. Only a sick and dependent patient is a good patient.
Governments (and Big Pharma) care about us, my a**!

Peater

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals