How Long To Wait Until Taking T4 Pills After Dinner?

IWishIWasRich

My TSH is high so i've been taking t4 for years currently on 75mcg, I still feel tired in the morning. I was wondering if I dont wait enough time for it to be absorbed after dinner. Is 3 hours enough?

https://crimsonpublishers.com/gjem/pdf/GJEM.000513.pdf

I think this study says 3 hours after dinner, and they got same TSH and increase FT4.

I gave up at trying to take it in the morning, having to wake up earlier kills my mood even more. Please help.

sweetpeat

Personally, I don't worry about whether I'm fasted or not when I take t4.

I do think an evening dose is a good idea. Perhaps take it at bedtime if you don't want to take it close to food?

If you still feel tired, maybe think about increasing the dose. Do you track your waking temps? That's another good way to see how effective your dose is.

OP
I

IWishIWasRich

Personally, I don't worry about whether I'm fasted or not when I take t4.

I do think an evening dose is a good idea. Perhaps take it at bedtime if you don't want to take it close to food?

If you still feel tired, maybe think about increasing the dose. Do you track your waking temps? That's another good way to see how effective your dose is.

I think I monitored my temp once and was a bit low, what temp should it be in celsius?

Also, i take it at bedtime, im just asking how many hours should i wait after dinner.

About increasing dose, i have heard that too much t4 can be bad and that you should look for the root of the problem instead of just increasing t4 infinitely until your tsh is low.. so im worried about that.

sweetpeat

97.8F is the minimum to shoot for, so I guess that's 36.6C? Taking your temp for a few days in a row and getting an average is a good idea too since it can fluctuate somewhat.

I was afraid of t4 for a long time because of hearing that people had trouble with it or it didn't work. But everyone's body is different. It's important to find what works for you.

T4 can be bad if you take more than you need or you have trouble converting it to t3. I take mostly t4 but seem to need a little t3 in the winter because I don't convert the t4 as well as in the summer. Finding a proper dose is a lot of trial and error. At least for me. Do you have access to try a little t3?

OP
I

IWishIWasRich

97.8F is the minimum to shoot for, so I guess that's 36.6C? Taking your temp for a few days in a row and getting an average is a good idea too since it can fluctuate somewhat.

I was afraid of t4 for a long time because of hearing that people had trouble with it or it didn't work. But everyone's body is different. It's important to find what works for you.

T4 can be bad if you take more than you need or you have trouble converting it to t3. I take mostly t4 but seem to need a little t3 in the winter because I don't convert the t4 as well as in the summer. Finding a proper dose is a lot of trial and error. At least for me. Do you have access to try a little t3?

Not really, in my country doctors only prescribe t4

I will get a complete bloodworks, they also only check for t4 and tsh, sometimes antibodies, they dont care about t3, reverse t3, etc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals