High Temps At Last -- Fewer Liquids The Key?

I'm on vacation sort of, and my temps are getting into the 98s after I wake up.

The differences are, I'm not drinking milk at all. I'm not drinking OJ at all. I'm not drinking much in terms of liquids.

Maybe this is the key for me and others. Who knows. Just thought I would share.

Waking up a bit low, in the low 97s, but now I'm entering the 98s in an hour or so. Still a little cool but much better and I'm not even using lights or anything.

BobbyDukes

What are you eating OP, if I might ask?

I want to adopt this approach as well. Need all the help I can get.

OP
ecstatichamster
white bread - 3 or 4 slices

cheese - 2 to 4 ounces full fat aged cheese

coffee

modest amount of beef, lamb or fish for dinner (4 to 6 ounces)

2 peaches, one or two cups of other fruits (watermelon, blueberries, strawberries mostly)

3 large glasses of HFCS Coke

two eggs with 2 or 3 sprouted corn tortillas

1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of collagen

OP
ecstatichamster
btw, on "vacation" means I'm at the beach, but it's not like I'm not working. I am. I love my work, but there is no difference in my "stress" levels.

InChristAlone

Being on the beach would mean sunlight, which is always helpful. Glad you are getting higher temps. A lot of milk was the only thing that could drop my temps in the 97's.

Ahanu

Are you thirsty now and did you read Mat Stone? I found Ray Peat because of him and drinking les fluids is one of his first recommandation to heat up.

Last edited:

Ahanu

So then you just drank too much :): it is so easy sometimes. I did the same. Just stopped drinking much and the temps went up.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
That was exactly my experience. Two quarts of OJ + two quarts of milk makes me feel horrible and cold and weak.

aquaman

That was exactly my experience. Two quarts of OJ + two quarts of milk makes me feel horrible and cold and weak.

Same.

Farmers cheese made from the milk, and about a quart of OJ a day for me, with other fruits and roots keeps me warm.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
What did you start eating instead of the milk and OJ? Cheese and fruit?

Lots of simple starches. My gut absolutely loves boiled white potato drizzled in butter and salt. White rice works too. My gut didn't much like all the fruit either. Grains are discouraged here but I like to treat myself with some bakery produce every now and then - pies, bread, cake.

After 12 months on mostly potato and rice as staples I find I can better tolerate all kinds of foods and amounts of fluid. I never abandoned OJ or milk, I just used them sparingly across the day, as supplements rather than staples. Same goes for fruit.

tomisonbottom

Lots of simple starches. My gut absolutely loves boiled white potato drizzled in butter and salt. White rice works too. My gut didn't much like all the fruit either. Grains are discouraged here but I like to treat myself with some bakery produce every now and then - pies, bread, cake.

After 12 months on mostly potato and rice as staples I find I can better tolerate all kinds of foods and amounts of fluid. I never abandoned OJ or milk, I just used them sparingly across the day, as supplements rather than staples. Same goes for fruit.

Wow, the breads and starches didn't cause weight gain for you? I tried that and put on about 10 pounds within two weeks....wish I could handle starches, because I often do want dryer foods.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Wow, the breads and starches didn't cause weight gain for you? I tried that and put on about 10 pounds within two weeks....wish I could handle starches, because I often do want dryer foods.

Yes I have put on weight, but I also do a lot of weightlifting so there are more factors to consider than just simple fatty acid synthesis. I actually don't eat many gluten products. They're more like treats. But it's about dialing it in for me now. I can easily lose weight if I decide to add in some morning fasted cardio, so weight gain has never been a deal breaker. I feel a lot better than when I was living on OJ and apple juice and not putting on a pound.

Hasen

white bread - 3 or 4 slices

cheese - 2 to 4 ounces full fat aged cheese

coffee

modest amount of beef, lamb or fish for dinner (4 to 6 ounces)

2 peaches, one or two cups of other fruits (watermelon, blueberries, strawberries mostly)

3 large glasses of HFCS Coke

two eggs with 2 or 3 sprouted corn tortillas

1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of collagen

Hmm still seems like you drink a lot of fluids though. No wonder you're not thirsty.

EIRE24

This is the same for me. I love potatoes and they agree with my gut so well, I do well on rice too. Fruit was a disaster for me

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals