Help Needed With Reaction To Aspirin

Simba1992

Hello everyone,
Would be very thankful for a bit of advice.
I have been taking aspirin 3x500mg for three months now. Has kept my RA pain in check and am glad I have been able to leave the Nsaids. But one thing has bothered me. After about 2hr from taking aspirin I get a histamine reaction and start scratching myself. If I take 1/4 cypro the itching stops but I don't like the sedetary effect. I have understood that not a good thing to have these histamine reactions? What should I do, feels impossible to quit the aspirin.:(

saene

Make sure aspirin doesn’t have any excipients which may be irritating. Maybe look into glycine which mitigates other aspirin induced issues? Hope that helps, good luck.

BeBetter

Hello everyone,
Would be very thankful for a bit of advice.
I have been taking aspirin 3x500mg for three months now. Has kept my RA pain in check and am glad I have been able to leave the Nsaids. But one thing has bothered me. After about 2hr from taking aspirin I get a histamine reaction and start scratching myself. If I take 1/4 cypro the itching stops but I don't like the sedetary effect. I have understood that not a good thing to have these histamine reactions? What should I do, feels impossible to quit the aspirin.:(

Simba, try alka selzter. Aspirin can cause mast cell degranulation, which causes itching. In alka seltzer, the aspirin forms sodium salicylate, which actually stop mast cell degranulation.

Edit in that after posting this I saw message of yours that you have already tried alka seltzer.

Last edited:
OP
S

Simba1992

Simba, try alka selzter. Aspirin can cause mast cell degranulation, which causes itching. In alka seltzer, the aspirin forms sodium salicylate, which actually stop mast cell degranulation.

Thank you for your advice. In fact I always take Alcaselzer. Read somewhere that Peat recommended to take an extra bicarbonate with the alcaselzer Have you heard of this?

BeBetter

Thank you for your advice. In fact I always take Alcaselzer. Read somewhere that Peat recommended to take an extra bicarbonate with the alcaselzer Have you heard of this?
I have been taking it consistently for about 6 months, too. No, I hadn't heard that Peat recommended to take it with extra bicarbonate, but I will try doing that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals