Need Help Pleease, Hormone & Labs

OP
Saphire

Saphire

You should run this through chronometer

(Is this list correct- 7 oz of Parmesan cheese for breakfast?! That’s 800 calories and 56 grams of fat. If this is listed correctly then it’s insane!).

Looks to me that it may be High I’m fat compared to protein, and generally too low on calories after breakfast

You need 100g of protein to help clear estrogen through the liver

Meal 3 seems a bad choice. Liquid, coffee, no dense proper food, I’m sure this would spike cortisol and if you don’t have good liver activity then you’ll get a blood sugar spike

I would add a well-cooked starch, some whole fruit like honeydew and a solid protein to the 3p meal

Suggest you aim for 20% fat, 35% protein, 45% carbs, balanced at each meal, with 4 proper meals to help Balance your blood sugar, and fewer liquid calories
Lol...that is .07 oz, sorry for typo. Appreciate the good direction with foo. Thank you,will try.

fradon

Low SHBG: Levels Chart, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
Wow thanks for this, i have had. Alot of good replies. However, this one really made a lot of since to me. Seeing how i am dealing w/ high T, E and progesterone. I will diffantely be taking a look into this. Did you follow any specific meal plan?

the keto diet is known to raise SHBG it also good for some women who have PCOS which is an (insulin out of control issue) and other hormone issues.

you can also try the zone diet which deals with low glycemic meals. the diet pairs fats proteins and carbs in away to keep insulin low and blood sugar steady

[Increase fiber and decrease sugar in your diet Low SHBG: Levels Chart, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More

A 2000 study involving men between the ages of 40 and 70 found that fiber intake increased SHBG levels, while protein intake lowered levels. However, researchers of this study note their results differ from findings in previous studies.

A recent study of women who were postmenopausal looked at the links between diet and SHBG. The findings indicated that low glycemic load or glycemic index diets with low sugar and high fiber could be associated with higher SHBG concentrations]

your focus should really be on keeping insulin low like eating more vegetables with protein and eating less sugar and startches. infact a diet of high fiber vegetales and protien will raise SHBG a significant amount.

the PEAT diet has some good points but i think for you at this point the high sugar will do nothimg more than hurt your efforts in controling this hormones.

INSULIN is such a powerful hormone and all it does is not clearly known besides fuel storage it also has big effect on sex hormones, libido, neurotransmitters, and thyroid.

SHBG Symptoms, Blood Test, & How to Lower/Raise Levels - Selfhacked

Last edited:
OP
Saphire

Saphire

Low SHBG: Levels Chart, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More

the keto diet is known to raise SHBG it also good for some women who have PCOS which is an (insulin out of control issue) and other hormone issues.

you can also try the zone diet which deals with low glycemic meals. the diet pairs fats proteins and carbs in away to keep insulin low and blood sugar steady

[Increase fiber and decrease sugar in your diet Low SHBG: Levels Chart, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More

A 2000 study involving men between the ages of 40 and 70 found that fiber intake increased SHBG levels, while protein intake lowered levels. However, researchers of this study note their results differ from findings in previous studies.

A recent study of women who were postmenopausal looked at the links between diet and SHBG. The findings indicated that low glycemic load or glycemic index diets with low sugar and high fiber could be associated with higher SHBG concentrations]

your focus should really be on keeping insulin low like eating more vegetables with protein and eating less sugar and startches. infact a diet of high fiber vegetales and protien will raise SHBG a significant amount.

the PEAT diet has some good points but i think for you at this point the high sugar will do nothimg more than hurt your efforts in controling this hormones.

INSULIN is such a powerful hormone and all it does is not clearly known besides fuel storage it also has big effect on sex hormones, libido, neurotransmitters, and thyroid.

SHBG Symptoms, Blood Test, & How to Lower/Raise Levels - Selfhacked
Thank you sooooo much. Doing my research on Estro dominance and i kept running into how sugar increases it. I had asked somewhere on this forum about it but never anything that was matching what i was finding . Until now. I got somewhere to start! Greatly appreciate all of the above.

Lotte

I suffer from the same symptoms as you: swelling and edema, especially in times during the cycle when estrogen is high (day 10-14, around day 23) and premenstrually. My SHBG is very high, so for me it doesn“f seem to be the clue.
What really helps me best is sunlight (no edema during summer holiday and worse symptoms in autumn and winter).
I supplement iodine (helps to lower estrogen receptors in the body) and progesterone (100-200mg/day vaginally during luteal phase). Progesterone without sunlight does not seem to lower symptoms, but together with sunlight works perfect. Salt helped me to lower my prolactin (which increases estrogen) within 3 weeks to one-third. Acetazolamide and vitamine B1 helped me to get rid of part of the swelling during ovulation etc.. Hope this works for you as well!

aquaman

Lol...that is .07 oz, sorry for typo. Appreciate the good direction with foo. Thank you,will try.

If it's 0.7 oz, then you are severely short on protein and calories in general.

1/2 cup of spaghetti squash has around 5 grams of carbs and 20 calories. It's not enough. I'd drop the cokes and have more solid carbs, in mixed tubers and fruits. Also you'll get many more minerals like this.

Run this through chronometer, you'll be short of various minerals I'm guessing.

Your breakfast only has about 10 grams of protein, and at least 15 of fat. If you cook the egg in butter, probably 20g fat. OK, the coffee has collagen, but that's later and not that much.

This would be 1500 calories i would guess, and 340 of those coming from coke and 2 tablespoons of sugar. You're having more calories from added sugar than from protein (maybe with the collagen you're getting 80/90 g protein, possibly only 70/75).

No wonder you're not feeling good. NDT mixed with too few calories, too little protein, not enough micro nutrients is a recipe for feeling exhausted!

Edit: i would drop the second coffee, and have proper food then: at least 400/500 calories, with 30g protein, and 40g carbs

Roasted root vegetables will provide more fiber to detoxify estrogen

Tubers and fruits will provide a mixture of glucose and fructose that should be easy to metabolise, particularly if you don't overload them on individual meals. Potatoes (part-boiled, then fried) are great for fiber.

2nd edit: I ran this through cronometer. Depends what meat you eat. If it's lean steak then you are getting less than 1500 calories (cronometer showed me only 1200!). If it's fattier cuts, then you may be up to 1400 calories. The protein was actually OK, from the 8oz of lean steak I put in. If you ended up eating less meat, then your protein would be low too. Many nutrients were low.

Last edited:
OP
Saphire

Saphire

If it's 0.7 oz, then you are severely short on protein and calories in general.

1/2 cup of spaghetti squash has around 5 grams of carbs and 20 calories. It's not enough. I'd drop the cokes and have more solid carbs, in mixed tubers and fruits. Also you'll get many more minerals like this.

Run this through chronometer, you'll be short of various minerals I'm guessing.

Your breakfast only has about 10 grams of protein, and at least 15 of fat. If you cook the egg in butter, probably 20g fat. OK, the coffee has collagen, but that's later and not that much.

This would be 1500 calories i would guess, and 340 of those coming from coke and 2 tablespoons of sugar. You're having more calories from added sugar than from protein (maybe with the collagen you're getting 80/90 g protein, possibly only 70/75).

No wonder you're not feeling good. NDT mixed with too few calories, too little protein, not enough micro nutrients is a recipe for feeling exhausted!

Edit: i would drop the second coffee, and have proper food then: at least 400/500 calories, with 30g protein, and 40g carbs

Roasted root vegetables will provide more fiber to detoxify estrogen

Tubers and fruits will provide a mixture of glucose and fructose that should be easy to metabolise, particularly if you don't overload them on individual meals. Potatoes (part-boiled, then fried) are great for fiber.

2nd edit: I ran this through cronometer. Depends what meat you eat. If it's lean steak then you are getting less than 1500 calories (cronometer showed me only 1200!). If it's fattier cuts, then you may be up to 1400 calories. The protein was actually OK, from the 8oz of lean steak I put in. If you ended up eating less meat, then your protein would be low too. Many nutrients were low.
Thank you for this. I greatly appreciate your feed back as well as you taking the time to plug this into your cronometer. I will diffantely be taking all this into consideration. As well as tweaking my food consumption.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

I suffer from the same symptoms as you: swelling and edema, especially in times during the cycle when estrogen is high (day 10-14, around day 23) and premenstrually. My SHBG is very high, so for me it doesn“f seem to be the clue.
What really helps me best is sunlight (no edema during summer holiday and worse symptoms in autumn and winter).
I supplement iodine (helps to lower estrogen receptors in the body) and progesterone (100-200mg/day vaginally during luteal phase). Progesterone without sunlight does not seem to lower symptoms, but together with sunlight works perfect. Salt helped me to lower my prolactin (which increases estrogen) within 3 weeks to one-third. Acetazolamide and vitamine B1 helped me to get rid of part of the swelling during ovulation etc.. Hope this works for you as well!
I appreciate your feed back and all that you shared with me in regards to symptoms and what has worked for you. Unfortunately Iodine increases my estrogen symptoms and seeing how my progesterone is also high, i dint think for me it would be a good idea to increase progesterone at this time. Where i am at it is cold and wintery so for me its hard to get outside. I will check out Acetazolamide and B1. I am taking a B supplement for MTHFR, however, it does not include B1. I have read in several places how B1 helps lower high estrogen symptoms. I will diffantely increase salt consumption and see if that helps. I think it was @fradon suggested keto or low GI diet. I have since that suggestion started the Low GI diet. It is starting to help. I have also added 1000 mg of CDG before bed.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

I have read somewhere to take 1/2 tsp before bed of salt. Is this what you do? Also, what brand of B1 and how much do you take? What is Acetazolamide? Sorry for all the questions. Been on Low GI diet for 2-3 weeks now. Was helping at first, but now experiencing some ED symptoms. I have been dealing with some stress, so i can tell that has some to do with it

Lotte

I take salt pills several times a day in order to get enough salt. Before getting to know Peat“s thoughts on salt and stress hormones I tried to get rid of edema by avoiding salt, ending up with high prolactin (that I could reduce to mid-normal within 3 weeks by taking salt pills).
I take 750-1000mg B1 (Greenfood) per day and 125 mg Acetazolamide (Diamox). Light therapy helps as well

OP
Saphire

Saphire

Hello everyone. I have another issue i would like your input on @fradon & @Lotte. Okay,, so stated above i have been on LGI & zone diet as suggested, since Dec 6th. I been doing pretty good with symptoms. During this time i had also been taking 1000 mg of CDG, About week n half ago i started the whole body feeling dry (from the inside out, not skin of you know what i mean) and severe vaginal dryness. I stopped the CDG a couple days after these symptoms started. Still, no releif. I have been taking B1 250 mg as of 5-6 days ago and 1/2tsp salt @ bed time. I am suppose to get blood drawn for thyroid tomorrow morning Should i suggest for them to test anything with this blood draw? Even though the doctor i am seeing seems to not want to address my hormone issues. Appreciate your feed back.

wintagal

I think you are on the right track - T3 raises estrogen. NDT has a higher amount of T3 than humans would make, and less T4. That is shown in your labs (BTW hopefully you didn't take NDT the same day as labs). The website Tired Thyroid recommends a mix of T4 and T3 to mimic normal human production. She gives charts that show what amounts of T3 and T4 are in NDT so you can begin to approximate what your thyroid would make.

Your CRP, homocysteine, ferritin all agree you don't have high inflammation. Your vitamin D level is low. Your testosterone is high but your insulin and A1C are good.
I'd cut down on the T3 and increase T4 - maybe 50- 100 T4 and 30 - 60 NDT. It takes 6 weeks for T4 to build up to the right levels. Nettle root can help convert testosterone to estrogen. I would avoid herbs and supplements while you are getting the thyroid dose adjusted.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

I think you are on the right track - T3 raises estrogen. NDT has a higher amount of T3 than humans would make, and less T4. That is shown in your labs (BTW hopefully you didn't take NDT the same day as labs). The website Tired Thyroid recommends a mix of T4 and T3 to mimic normal human production. She gives charts that show what amounts of T3 and T4 are in NDT so you can begin to approximate what your thyroid would make.

Your CRP, homocysteine, ferritin all agree you don't have high inflammation. Your vitamin D level is low. Your testosterone is high but your insulin and A1C are good.
I'd cut down on the T3 and increase T4 - maybe 50- 100 T4 and 30 - 60 NDT. It takes 6 weeks for T4 to build up to the right levels. Nettle root can help convert testosterone to estrogen. I would avoid herbs and supplements while you are getting the thyroid dose adjusted.
Thank you so much for this wealth of information. Now, unfortunately my doctor doesnt like when i suggest anything so do you have any suggestions on where to buy just t4? I am currently on Armour 90 mg. I dont take my labs until tomorrow or Monday, my choice on day.

fradon

Hello everyone. I have another issue i would like your input on @fradon & @Lotte. Okay,, so stated above i have been on LGI & zone diet as suggested, since Dec 6th. I been doing pretty good with symptoms. During this time i had also been taking 1000 mg of CDG, About week n half ago i started the whole body feeling dry (from the inside out, not skin of you know what i mean) and severe vaginal dryness. I stopped the CDG a couple days after these symptoms started. Still, no releif. I have been taking B1 250 mg as of 5-6 days ago and 1/2tsp salt @ bed time. I am suppose to get blood drawn for thyroid tomorrow morning Should i suggest for them to test anything with this blood draw? Even though the doctor i am seeing seems to not want to address my hormone issues. Appreciate your feed back.

Hi there glad the diet is helping you,

The low glycemic diet you are on raises SHBG and this binds up estrogen. Low Estrogen causes vaginal dryness. You are on the flip side of where you first started. your estrogen was high before and now it is low or bound to SHBG. You just have to eat more foods that spike insulin. Insulin lowers SHBG and releases free T and E. ice cream might be a good choice. just don't do it too much or you will wind up with the reverse.

you are 45 which at that point your ovaries will produce less estrogen and all the work goes to your adrenals. add the fact that you only have 1 ovary this places even more work on the adrenals that have a lot of other hormones to make.

the CDG you are taking lowers LDL. LDL is what your body makes hormones out of. LDL is newly found to not be terrible it is VLDL that is the bad one. but either way. Your body needs the LDL to make hormones. Eating more fiber eliminates LDL, the CDG lowers LDL, so you may not have enough cholesterol (LDL) to make the hormones you need. Or most of it going to make other hormoens like cortiosl, progesterone.

aside from the cholesteral you also need enough vitamin A which helps make DHEA and then Testosterone and Estrogen, DHT. try to get your vitamin A from food like mustard/turnip greens, sweet potato,...sweet potato has a double benefit is that helps make progesterone which helps balance out estrgoen if you have too much.

one think i discorvered recently is that the body makes pregnenolone in the mitochondria. cholesterol converts to pregneonlone and then it becomes all the other hormoens like cortisol, progesteron, T and E and Dht..etc.

Now aerobic excercise especially interval aerobics increaes mitochondria and this can help make more hormones.

SEE HERE: about CDG

In one study, calcium-d-glucarate CDG was able to reduce the number of estrogen receptors by 48 percent. It’s also been shown to lower serum estrogen levels by 23 percent. https://blog.bulletproof.com/calcium-d-glucarate/

Last edited:
OP
Saphire

Saphire

@wintagal & @fradon, you are all so knowledgeable about all this. You guys blow me out of the water w/your wisdom. @wintagal, i tried speaking w/my doctor about lowering NDT and adding t4 and did not get a positive reaction. She does NOT like ANY suggestions! Once my blood work comes back i will be looking once again for a doctor..sigh! @fradon, i will try the ice cream and see where this gets me. I haven't been taking the CDG for about 2wks now, every since the dry body & vagina started.
I greatly appreciate all this wealth of information!! Will keep you posted

OP
Saphire

Saphire

Hello again everyone. I received my lab results back and would LOVE your feedback. Of course the doc tried to lower my NDT (armour), which i have told her before i do not do well on 60 mgs. I am currently on 90 mg a day. Hypo symptoms are worse if i take only 60 mg.

I am really thinking my T4 is to low. I also suggested we drop my NDT to 60 mg and add some T4. But of course it was a No go!
Here they are:

T3 Free 2.97 ref rng 2.52-4.34
T4 Free 0.65 ref rng 0.55-1.60
TSH 0.392 ref rng 0.270-4.200

Thanks in advance for ❤

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals