Hypoglycemia, Hypothyroidism = Help Needed To Take It To The Next Level

FD8

Hello guys,
I'm a 23 male living in Ireland.

I've been hypothryoid for a few months and diagnosed with hypoglycemia.
Lost a ton of weight before I discovered Ray Peat.
Few months after twisting my diet I'm doing much much better, however I still show signs of hypothyroidism (cold extremities, tiredness, etc.)
Some of my current health issues involve:
-painful teeth and gums
-blurred vision (eye floaters + flashes)
-muscle twitch (eyelids in particular)
-it is also very hard for me to gain weight.

-did a blood test that shows testosterone is very low.

my diet is high in fat (150g cheese + lots of butter eveyrday) and I probably consume too much starch (2-3 cups rice + 1/2 cups potatoes everyday)
=> rest is Fruit juice 4 cups, lots of fruit (3-4 oranges), liver 1x/week, shrimps, grassfed beef, eggs, 2-3 cups milk everyday, gelatin

=cronometer shows vit K is low and so is E, but the rest is good; enough protein etc

i don't take supplements except synthetic T4. I have tried aspirin and it is magical however I'm not sure how to dose and whether I should be taking everyday.

i was wondering if you had any advice as my "recovery" is quite slow. I'm tempted to use pregnenolone and niacinamide
what are your suggestions ?

I am very grateful for all the advice I have received here already. Discovering the work of Dr. Peat and the phenomenal resources that are available on the forum has helped me tremendously so thank you to all the contributors !

tara

Hi FD8,
Wanna estimate calories?

Meal timing? I guess you've tried lots of small meals or at least snacks between meals to keep blood from plummeting? Eg Juice every waking hour?

Salting to taste?

It is possible that niacinamide would be helpful. I see no reason not to try it (preferably a version without problematic fillers - see toxinless.com). Small amounts like 50-100mg at a time with meals for starters, and you can increase it if it seems to do you good. Some of us have trouble with high doses (eg 500mg or more), while others are fine with higher doses.

Have you had a go at monitoring body temps and heartrate, to give you a day to day indicator of how your overall metabolism is going?

Dopamine

Muscle twitching should go away with thyroid correction but you may need more magnesium of which Coffee/fruit/epsom salt bath are good sources. Why aren't you taking t3 in combo with t4? I don't know much about this but I believe Ray recommends a mix of both as some people have difficulty converting t4 to t3. Maybe you'd do better on a natural dessicated thyroid (NDT) product or synthetic product that contains T3.

Coffee is also helpful for many and can mimic some effects of thyroid hormone and is good for the liver.

Aspirin should be dissolved in a liquid. dosage will vary but if it gives you stomach aches or bleeding issues- stop then lower the dosage for next time. Some people need extra vit. k when taking aspirin to reduce blood thinning. Aspirin could increase testosterone.

OP
FD8

FD8

Hi FD8,
Wanna estimate calories?

Meal timing? I guess you've tried lots of small meals or at least snacks between meals to keep blood from plummeting? Eg Juice every waking hour?

Salting to taste?

It is possible that niacinamide would be helpful. I see no reason not to try it (preferably a version without problematic fillers - see toxinless.com). Small amounts like 50-100mg at a time with meals for starters, and you can increase it if it seems to do you good. Some of us have trouble with high doses (eg 500mg or more), while others are fine with higher doses.

Have you had a go at monitoring body temps and heartrate, to give you a day to day indicator of how your overall metabolism is going?
Thank you Tara,
I'll try Niacinamide then

Muscle twitching should go away with thyroid correction but you may need more magnesium of which Coffee/fruit/epsom salt bath are good sources. Why aren't you taking t3 in combo with t4? I don't know much about this but I believe Ray recommends a mix of both as some people have difficulty converting t4 to t3. Maybe you'd do better on a natural dessicated thyroid (NDT) product or synthetic product that contains T3.

Coffee is also helpful for many and can mimic some effects of thyroid hormone and is good for the liver.

Aspirin should be dissolved in a liquid. dosage will vary but if it gives you stomach aches or bleeding issues- stop then lower the dosage for next time. Some people need extra vit. k when taking aspirin to reduce blood thinning. Aspirin could increase testosterone.

Hey thank you,
My GP wants me to take synthetic T4, but refuses to see the benefits of adding T3.

EIRE24

Hello guys,
I'm a 23 male living in Ireland.

I've been hypothryoid for a few months and diagnosed with hypoglycemia.
Lost a ton of weight before I discovered Ray Peat.
Few months after twisting my diet I'm doing much much better, however I still show signs of hypothyroidism (cold extremities, tiredness, etc.)
Some of my current health issues involve:
-painful teeth and gums
-blurred vision (eye floaters + flashes)
-muscle twitch (eyelids in particular)
-it is also very hard for me to gain weight.

-did a blood test that shows testosterone is very low.

my diet is high in fat (150g cheese + lots of butter eveyrday) and I probably consume too much starch (2-3 cups rice + 1/2 cups potatoes everyday)
=> rest is Fruit juice 4 cups, lots of fruit (3-4 oranges), liver 1x/week, shrimps, grassfed beef, eggs, 2-3 cups milk everyday, gelatin

=cronometer shows vit K is low and so is E, but the rest is good; enough protein etc

i don't take supplements except synthetic T4. I have tried aspirin and it is magical however I'm not sure how to dose and whether I should be taking everyday.

i was wondering if you had any advice as my "recovery" is quite slow. I'm tempted to use pregnenolone and niacinamide
what are your suggestions ?

I am very grateful for all the advice I have received here already. Discovering the work of Dr. Peat and the phenomenal resources that are available on the forum has helped me tremendously so thank you to all the contributors !
I am a 23 year old lad from Ireland too, thought I was the only Irish guy on here. Where abouts ya from?

L

lollipop

Hi man, that's cool, I'm in Dublin, hbu?
Hi @EIRE24 and @FD8, just wanted to note that my husband got a contract in Dublin and we will coming for a few years at the end of August :): Glad to know others are on here. Might need you guys help locating Peaty stuff...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals