Unbearable nasal drip - emergency relief needed

koganmj

I've been having an on/off problem with post-nasal drip (no other associated symptoms) since about October last year, when I a bit foolishly I guess started taking 4 x 300mg aspirin per day after reading about it's antidepressant effects. Mostly since then it would just come and go in a few-hour-increments at a time, although I have generally been needing to clear my throat a lot more on a daily basis. I stopped the aspirin about 25th of January as I recall, but the problem has persisted.

The "acute" episodes of it that would last for a few hours often started shortly after when I layed down horizontally in bed at night to go to sleep, which was kind of curious. But Saturday the 7th this month, it started when I tried to go to sleep that night, and persisted around the clock until I drove to a 24hr clinic at 4am on Monday the 9th and got some cyproheptadine. I wasn't able to take the cypro until about 6pm that day due to commitments to meet, and needed half a mg, plus a quarter of a mg a couple hours later, and finally another quarter mg a couple of hours later again before I was able to get to sleep.

The next day the nasal drip lessened but was still persisting. Throughout these last few months I've been having super bad insomnia some nights, so I kept having to increase the cypro each night to get sedative effects from it. I last took cypro on Sun 15th, I think almost 10mg dosed from about 3pm in the arvo to 10pm at night, and had some crazy bad symptoms that night of racing heart, full-body "jolts" that would last about 1 second, other very unsettling things. Throughout this week of taking the cypro, the nasal drip did eventually lessen to the point I was haven't "acute" episodes.

My nasal drip had actually been fairly benign since stopping cypro, until 10am Wednesday morning (yesterday - I'm on Australian time) when it's just gone full-blown again. I'm writing now at 6am Thurs morning, I haven't been able to sleep because of the drip. Yesterday afternoon I went to the pharmacy and the female pharmacist there has given me some Nasonex nasal spray (mometasone furoate 50mcg/spray) and Demazin 6 Hour Tab 4+60mg tablets. I've taken two sprays so far and two demazins, no relief. I have to go to work for a few hours but intend on taking some about a quarter to a half mg of cypro once I get home at about 11am in case of sedative effects if I take it before going to work.

The severe discomfort of this nasal drip is affecting my mental judgement (eg. dosing of cypro as above)
and making me having some mini-mental breakdowns throughout the day due to how unbearable it is having to clear my throat/swallow every 5 seconds. I'm supposed to be getting on a plane on Friday afternoon and am in a totally screwed up mental state from lack of sleep etc. Advice would be very very much appreciated.

answersfound

Vitamins a d e k. Oysters shrimp too

tara

What a pain. Just a thought, not sure if it's relevant. How's your breathing - usually calm, nasal, diaphragmatic? Have you tried bag breathing or other reduced breathing exercises? If so, any effect?
Not an allergy to some local plant/animal?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals