Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Pleease, Hormone & Labs

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Saphire, Nov 26, 2018.

1. OP
    Saphire

Saphire Member

Lol...that is .07 oz, sorry for typo. Appreciate the good direction with foo. Thank you,will try.

2. fradon

fradon Member

Low SHBG: Levels Chart, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
    the keto diet is known to raise SHBG it also good for some women who have PCOS which is an (insulin out of control issue) and other hormone issues.

you can also try the zone diet which deals with low glycemic meals. the diet pairs fats proteins and carbs in away to keep insulin low and blood sugar steady

[Increase fiber and decrease sugar in your diet Low SHBG: Levels Chart, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More

A 2000 study involving men between the ages of 40 and 70 found that fiber intake increased SHBG levels, while protein intake lowered levels. However, researchers of this study note their results differ from findings in previous studies.

A recent study of women who were postmenopausal looked at the links between diet and SHBG. The findings indicated that low glycemic load or glycemic index diets with low sugar and high fiber could be associated with higher SHBG concentrations]

your focus should really be on keeping insulin low like eating more vegetables with protein and eating less sugar and startches. infact a diet of high fiber vegetales and protien will raise SHBG a significant amount.

the PEAT diet has some good points but i think for you at this point the high sugar will do nothimg more than hurt your efforts in controling this hormones.

INSULIN is such a powerful hormone and all it does is not clearly known besides fuel storage it also has big effect on sex hormones, libido, neurotransmitters, and thyroid.

SHBG Symptoms, Blood Test, & How to Lower/Raise Levels - Selfhacked

3. OP
    Saphire

Saphire Member

Thank you sooooo much. Doing my research on Estro dominance and i kept running into how sugar increases it. I had asked somewhere on this forum about it but never anything that was matching what i was finding . Until now. I got somewhere to start! Greatly appreciate all of the above.

4. Lotte

Lotte New Member

I suffer from the same symptoms as you: swelling and edema, especially in times during the cycle when estrogen is high (day 10-14, around day 23) and premenstrually. My SHBG is very high, so for me it doesn“f seem to be the clue.
    What really helps me best is sunlight (no edema during summer holiday and worse symptoms in autumn and winter).
    I supplement iodine (helps to lower estrogen receptors in the body) and progesterone (100-200mg/day vaginally during luteal phase). Progesterone without sunlight does not seem to lower symptoms, but together with sunlight works perfect. Salt helped me to lower my prolactin (which increases estrogen) within 3 weeks to one-third. Acetazolamide and vitamine B1 helped me to get rid of part of the swelling during ovulation etc.. Hope this works for you as well!

5. aquaman

aquaman Member

If it's 0.7 oz, then you are severely short on protein and calories in general.

1/2 cup of spaghetti squash has around 5 grams of carbs and 20 calories. It's not enough. I'd drop the cokes and have more solid carbs, in mixed tubers and fruits. Also you'll get many more minerals like this.

Run this through chronometer, you'll be short of various minerals I'm guessing.

Your breakfast only has about 10 grams of protein, and at least 15 of fat. If you cook the egg in butter, probably 20g fat. OK, the coffee has collagen, but that's later and not that much.

This would be 1500 calories i would guess, and 340 of those coming from coke and 2 tablespoons of sugar. You're having more calories from added sugar than from protein (maybe with the collagen you're getting 80/90 g protein, possibly only 70/75).

No wonder you're not feeling good. NDT mixed with too few calories, too little protein, not enough micro nutrients is a recipe for feeling exhausted!

Edit: i would drop the second coffee, and have proper food then: at least 400/500 calories, with 30g protein, and 40g carbs

Roasted root vegetables will provide more fiber to detoxify estrogen

Tubers and fruits will provide a mixture of glucose and fructose that should be easy to metabolise, particularly if you don't overload them on individual meals. Potatoes (part-boiled, then fried) are great for fiber.

2nd edit: I ran this through cronometer. Depends what meat you eat. If it's lean steak then you are getting less than 1500 calories (cronometer showed me only 1200!). If it's fattier cuts, then you may be up to 1400 calories. The protein was actually OK, from the 8oz of lean steak I put in. If you ended up eating less meat, then your protein would be low too. Many nutrients were low.

6. OP
    Saphire

Saphire Member

Thank you for this. I greatly appreciate your feed back as well as you taking the time to plug this into your cronometer. I will diffantely be taking all this into consideration. As well as tweaking my food consumption.

7. OP
    Saphire

Saphire Member

I appreciate your feed back and all that you shared with me in regards to symptoms and what has worked for you. Unfortunately Iodine increases my estrogen symptoms and seeing how my progesterone is also high, i dint think for me it would be a good idea to increase progesterone at this time. Where i am at it is cold and wintery so for me its hard to get outside. I will check out Acetazolamide and B1. I am taking a B supplement for MTHFR, however, it does not include B1. I have read in several places how B1 helps lower high estrogen symptoms. I will diffantely increase salt consumption and see if that helps. I think it was @fradon suggested keto or low GI diet. I have since that suggestion started the Low GI diet. It is starting to help. I have also added 1000 mg of CDG before bed.