Greatings from Sweden!

Rayser

You are very welcome! I had been convinced I'd had a stroke. Doctors thought it was a "panic attack" and told me I should go on the pill to be less "hysteric" but Ray Peat later sent me some studies on low blood sugar - which he finds more dangerous than high blood sugar.
He was the first person ever to tell me the liver couldn't work at all without a moderate level of blood sugar so the estrogen and other stress hormones pretty much accumulated.
Once he had a girl patient (I think I read the story here on the forum as well) who "burped ammonium". He fed her fried potato juice for a few days or weeks and she was fine after a short time. I have been eating the potato juice regularly, too.
I make sure that I always eat something before using any kind of pill because the liver will have to work with the drug and if there is no amount of blood sugar, it can't.

OP
T

Thomas

Rayser said:
You are very welcome! I had been convinced I'd had a stroke. Doctors thought it was a "panic attack" and told me I should go on the pill to be less "hysteric" but Ray Peat later sent me some studies on low blood sugar - which he finds more dangerous than high blood sugar.
He was the first person ever to tell me the liver couldn't work at all without a moderate level of blood sugar so the estrogen and other stress hormones pretty much accumulated.
Once he had a girl patient (I think I read the story here on the forum as well) who "burped ammonium". He fed her fried potato juice for a few days or weeks and she was fine after a short time. I have been eating the potato juice regularly, too.
I make sure that I always eat something before using any kind of pill because the liver will have to work with the drug and if there is no amount of blood sugar, it can't.

Oh boy, this sound bad. I am happy you found Ray to help you. could you please tell me how to make fried potato juice? I have no idea how one can fry juice? And could you tell me a little about the science behind it. Is there a article from Ray I could read?

thanks
Thomas

Rayser

I think I have been doing it wrong for a while because I also used the starch ...
Well what I do is: I peel and juice potatoes in a centrifugal juicer. I wait two minutes until the starch is at the bottom of the juice and pour the rest of the juice without the starch into a pan with hot coconut oil. I fry it like scrambled eggs for about 15 minutes (It takes a lot of stirring) until it's golden brown. Use salt and it tastes great though it's like a sticky pudding on your plate.

OP
T

Thomas

Rayser said:
I think I have been doing it wrong for a while because I also used the starch ...
Well what I do is: I peel and juice potatoes in a centrifugal juicer. I wait two minutes until the starch is at the bottom of the juice and pour the rest of the juice without the starch into a pan with hot coconut oil. I fry it like scrambled eggs for about 15 minutes (It takes a lot of stirring) until it's golden brown. Use salt and it tastes great though it's like a sticky pudding on your plate.

Thank you very much. This sounds like a wonderful quick food to fix! I am happy to try it out.
Made my own cheese today!!!
yours
Thomas

Rayser

Bon appetit!

You really made your own cheese? How does it taste? Is it very soft and watery? I have never tried that.

OP
T

Thomas

Rayser said:
Bon appetit!

You really made your own cheese? How does it taste? Is it very soft and watery? I have never tried that.

Thank you! I made this one:

http://www.workoutmaster.com/?p=1785

it was very simple. But I needed lots more lemmon than the guy in the film.
Its not soft and watery. I did it like the guy and it turned out being a great source of protein.

cheers
Thomas

OP
T

Thomas

Rayser said:
I'll try that. Thanks a lot!

Maybe I overdid it with the milk products. Real strange, had a great day until now. Feel sea-sick, nausea, pain in the bones and muscles, slide headache feeling. ***t! I was hoping so much as I cant eat eggs. What I found strange is that the food test I did showed reactions to egg but no milk products. Now when I was having lots of cheese and milk I feel ***t suddenly. My hands got real cold and I was suddenly dizzy too. When I meassured my temp I had 36. 5 my son had the same and felt great. I was sure I was real cold as I felt like I would have the flu.

Hmm, .....scratching on my head ....being confused.

yours
Thomas

Rayser

The milk will lower your Parathyroid Hormone and by that your Cortisol. Cortisol is the emergency hormone which kicks in when the thyroid is not working as it should. Since high cortisol triggers a raise of blood sugar, the decrease in cortisol can temporarily lower blood sugar and cause most of the symptoms you mention. I have noticed that I get the pain in my bones (especially arms and shoulders sometimes legs and feet) whenever I need to raise my thyroid dosage. I am pretty sure you need thyroid supplement. I sent you a PM.
Try to use as much coconut oil as possible until you can start the thyroid and don't overdo the milk. Drink it all day long, not too much at once. And make sure you eat sugar with everything.
It always helped me.

OP
T

Thomas

Rayser said:
The milk will lower your Parathyroid Hormone and by that your Cortisol. Cortisol is the emergency hormone which kicks in when the thyroid is not working as it should. Since high cortisol triggers a raise of blood sugar, the decrease in cortisol can temporarily lower blood sugar and cause most of the symptoms you mention. I have noticed that I get the pain in my bones (especially arms and shoulders sometimes legs and feet) whenever I need to raise my thyroid dosage. I am pretty sure you need thyroid supplement. I sent you a PM.
Try to use as much coconut oil as possible until you can start the thyroid and don't overdo the milk. Drink it all day long, not too much at once. And make sure you eat sugar with everything.
It always helped me.

Thank you Rayser, I will check my mail now!
yours
thomas

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals