Putting Me In Here

Thoushant

Hello,

I thought I would tell a bit about my health story, just a bit of background.

Preteen a bit chubby. Teen years come and I gain weight (highest 227lbs at 5'7")
I'm not fully convinced it was purely calories in/out though. Although my diet growing up were lots of bread, rice and proccesed meats, low protein. Very high PUFA(Sunflower oil was the basic cooking oil at our's)
Note: I got way way way too hairy when teenage years hit(No one from either my mother or fathers side are this hairy).
I probably had improper breathing pattern, I used to not feel any recreational stuff inhaled, because I didn't inhale properly. My muscles were really quick to turn sour from lactic acid, and so I could barely run.
During my late teenage years I was on Accutane for acne. I was on several "vegatable soup diet for 14lbs in two weeks diet". And a two week keto, that started my hair loss at 2o y.o.

Hit the gym, got strict with food(Oats and fish and all that), eventually down to my lowest 160lbs, but at 1400calories with running/training everyday.
Found Danny Roddy, Major life changing weeks, very stressful. Cold hands, anxiety and all were bothering me when I stumbled upon him, (coldness down to the bone in winter). learned about Ray Peat, applied and have somewhat stable nose/hands temps, but my feet still go cold during the day.

Improved my breathing by learning about muscles involved and how it should feel, frolov, meditation, learned about emotions. Had a lot of it pent up. I think my problems boils down to bad emotional understanding, so my go to solution is don't express(And I was a catholic, and it was wrong to be angry, or so I thought)

So now I'm at 183 lbs, still want to lose that layer of fat all around me. Stopping my hairloss. Working on emotional wellbeing, as I have a knack for resisting emotions, and that kinda throw me off balance in social situations.
Hello everybody! :)

julia

Hello Thoushant,
I have had the same weight issues in my teens.I lost weight on a low fat diet,however at that point I had a severe depression,so I don't know if the low fat diet had anything to do with it but it sure helped with weight.

OP
Thoushant

Thoushant

Hey Julia, I'm pondering starting a very high sugar(juice) low fat diet, just need to find the right food sources to rely on. I'm about to start bodybuilding again, so hopefully i can do it more right this time.

Marikay, I'm 25½ years old :)

Tarmander

It's anecdotal, but I have noticed the whole hairy thing in people with high estrogen. Maybe it is estrogen that has been aromatased from testosterone, I dunno.

julia

Hi Thoushant,
There aren't any foods that are actually fat free,all foods have some fat in them.for muscle building I believe the most important foods would be those that are good sources of sugar and protein.My low fat diet consisted of:citrus fruits,apples,pears,yogurt+sugar,potatoes,some bread,vegetables,low fat cheese,some eggs and lean beef and chicken breast.It was really tedious as I ate the same foods over and over again.The most important was to eat every 2-3 hours and always to combine sugar+protein.I was also allowed to drink orange or grapefruit juice as much as I wanted throughout the day.In 3 months of doing that I had lost 25 pounds.But I became so obsessed with food that I finally quit and gained all the weight back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals