Glucurodination of FFA: Is There a Preference for Unsaturation?

Sitaruîm

I started to think about this after watching the last few podcasts of @haidut 's in which he mentions a healthy metabolism as an alternative to fasting to lose weight; I began to ponder about ways in which more evidence could be found in favor of the negative effects of excessive PUFA consumption. The idea would be to measure, simultaneously, the original fatty acid composition of the glucuronidated fats in urine (is this possible?) as well as the composition of FFA in the blood of the person. If 20% of a person's FFA are unsaturated but 50% of the glucuronidated fats in the urine are unsaturated, the conlusion would seem obvious. I don't understand most of the jargon of research journals, all I could gather is that not much research has been done in this area, it seems. From this paper:

"The biotransformation of FAs via glucuronidation in humans is a relatively new concept. The first glucuronides of oxidized fatty acids (OFAs) were isolated from and identified in human urine (23 24 25) and primary human hepatocyte cultures (26). Glucuronides of dihydroxylated linoleic acid (LA) were first isolated from urine of patients with generalized peroxisomal disorders and were considered detoxification products of these cytotoxic diols (24). The major compounds isolated were LA-9,10- and LA-12,13-diol glucuronides. A monohydroxylated arachidonic acid (AA) derivative, 20-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid (20-HETE), was also isolated as a glucuronide from urine from normal subjects and, at significantly higher levels, from patients with hepatic cirrhosis (23, 25). The biosynthesis of the glucuronides of several eicosanoids by isolated human and rat hepatocytes has been described (26 27)."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals