EFA Deficiency Achievable In 2 Weeks On Fat Free Diet

Orion

Chicken and egg, it seems :)
Continuing pretty low-fat but no too low that I get degraded skin.

Yep :) all the things that I thought would help my liver initially caused me big stress reactions, slow and steady.

I suspect the degraded skin could be attributed to the FFA being released (increasing estrogen), also unsaturated FFA will block vitamin A and thyroid transport, which would mean that pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA production would be reduced. I think that higher progesterone to estrogen ratio is favorable for great skin.

My experimentation is showing that depleting fat stores and PUFA are increasing quality of my skin.

Keep us posted of your success.

Milena

Yep :) all the things that I thought would help my liver initially caused me big stress reactions, slow and steady.

I suspect the degraded skin could be attributed to the FFA being released (increasing estrogen), also unsaturated FFA will block vitamin A and thyroid transport, which would mean that pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA production would be reduced. I think that higher progesterone to estrogen ratio is favorable for great skin.

My experimentation is showing that depleting fat stores and PUFA are increasing quality of my skin.

Keep us posted of your success.
:salute
:angeldevil I avoided buying two 500ml tubs of Häagen-Dazs, narrowly, today. I'm taking it as a win. (I don't eat much ice cream)

Dobbler

Im starting to really like low(er) fat. Less fat i eat, less i crave. PUFA makes me sick. I dont like even eggs anymore. I used to eat 4-6 everyday, now even 2 tastes horrible. I crave sugar more now. I seem to want to eat it more now, like every 4 hours. I dont really crave potatoes anymore. I used to fantasize about butter and potatoes. But now i think sweet orange juice and quality honey tastes alot better. I still like coconut oil alot. I want to cut out beef and eggs completely. They make feel ***t and taste even more ***t. I want to be able to drink milk with table sugar. It made me depressed, but im hoping that longer im low PUFA, more i can tolerate.

Milena

Im starting to really like low(er) fat. Less fat i eat, less i crave. PUFA makes me sick. I dont like even eggs anymore. I used to eat 4-6 everyday, now even 2 tastes horrible. I crave sugar more now. I seem to want to eat it more now, like every 4 hours. I dont really crave potatoes anymore. I used to fantasize about butter and potatoes. But now i think sweet orange juice and quality honey tastes alot better. I still like coconut oil alot. I want to cut out beef and eggs completely. They make feel ***t and taste even more ***t. I want to be able to drink milk with table sugar. It made me depressed, but im hoping that longer im low PUFA, more i can tolerate.
Amazing how tastes change when you have simple foods to gauge your reaction to individual ones
Good luck!

I had an interesting discovery.

Few times I was on VLF or low fat, I felt AWFUL. Not this time around. I think the PUFAs are mostly depleted. And I am not losing pounds, but I am losing some of my waistline. It's starting to seem like I'm gaining lean mass and losing fat, which is wonderful. Without activity.

I take around 100mg of B3, perhaps 1g of taurine, a bit of B1 and B6 (10mg) biotin (10mg or so), and l-theanine, and I'm taking 4mg of cypro for allergies per day.

I paint my heels with vitamin E every other day.

And I'm finding that I'm losing fat around my middle which is amazing, and not feeling bad from very low fat. Not at all.

Milena

:joyful:

Few times I was on VLF or low fat, I felt AWFUL. Not this time around. I think the PUFAs are mostly depleted. And I am not losing pounds, but I am losing some of my waistline. It's starting to seem like I'm gaining lean mass and losing fat, which is wonderful. Without activity.

I take around 100mg of B3, perhaps 1g of taurine, a bit of B1 and B6 (10mg) biotin (10mg or so), and l-theanine, and I'm taking 4mg of cypro for allergies per day.

And I'm finding that I'm losing fat around my middle which is amazing, and not feeling bad from very low fat. Not at all.
Yeh!

schultz

I have noticed the same thing as yourself and Dobbler. In the past I have tried very low fat (which I consider under 10g for myself) and I felt really odd on it. Since I started tracking my calories again I've noticed my intake sits lower than it used to. 60g or so was my old average and now it's more like 30g. Sometimes I don't look at cronometer until the end of the day and I noticed my fat was at like 3.4g for the day. I hadn't even noticed I guess lol.

I am now getting milk again from 2 of my goats so I will probably drop all other major fat sources aside from the milk. I think this is the year I buy a cream separator! I found a study from 2013 that analyzed samples of milk from different pastured animals and the goat milk had an average of 14,390 IU's per litre. The animals were un-supplemented as they didn't want to skew the results of the study, so the vitamin content was simply from pasture. My animals are on pasture and I supplement them as well. That's a solid amount of vitamin A! 2 litres would give 28,780 IU's of vitamin A whereas 4oz of beef liver gives 19,000 IU's.

lisamarie1010

I would love to chat with you, thebigpeatowksi
I have been working my way into peating, and gained so much weight.
And now I read this, about fat-free and restrictive diets, instead of healthy non-pufa fats.
I love and I hate this forum - hahaha - because it is so busy, heavy, comprehensive - with intelligent self investigations.... and I just don't know which way to turn again!
Sugar. Coconut oil and butter. Chocolate. Coffee. Shredded carrots with ACV and coco oil. Aspirin at night.
Orange Juice and lots of fresh fruit. Good meat.
You know it don't come easy... ;-)

Ashs

I didn't mean to mislead but just like canstoppeating said earlier, given the 80% reduction in linoleic acid I thought the title is appropriate. I did not say complete or even significant depletion since I thought that those qualifiers would be even more misleading. If you think there is a better way of conveying the results of the study let me know and I will change it.
How do we go fat free (as much as possible) and incorporate vitamins ADE &K without fat for absorption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals