Generative Energy # 8: The Youth Steroids (with Haidut)

Dan W

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Generative Energy + Haidut #2: The Youth Steroids

Great stuff! :D

Looking forward to the next one. :hattip

lexis

To Haidut:

Is Zinc a good aromatase inhibitor?

Agent207

What do you think about the theory that youth hormones are the most aging ones? trying to restore the hormones to the profile of a 20 year old can make your system feel closer to a younger age, but at the same time speeding up aging. Think about, aren't we when kids and around 20 the stage when we age at a faster rate?

Maybe this is a necessary trade-off?

Agent207 said:
post 103581 What do you think about the theory that youth hormones are the most aging ones? trying to restore the hormones to the profile of a 20 year old can make your system feel closer to a younger age, but at the same time speeding up aging. Think about, aren't we when kids and around 20 the stage when we age at a faster rate?

Maybe this is a necessary trade-off?

The youth hormones are the most stabilising and anabolic hormones.

I think what you mean by 'age at a faster rate' is 'developing'; we're developing in our youth not ageing. Ageing occurs after we've developed, around 25 years of age. After age 25ish, we start experiencing a slow but steady decline in youth hormones i.e. we experience ageing, with unopposed destabilising and catabolic hormones e.g. estrogen, prolactin, serotonin. So if we can restore the youth hormones through supplements and diet we can at least prolong our youthful state.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Another great program! Thank you haidut and danny.

narouz

These are some wonderful interviews.
I very much appreciate them.
I would just note, as I'm sure is obvious to everyone,
that the level of discussion is very advanced
unless one possesses a high level of education (perhaps I should say "knowledge")
in biochemistry, etc.
And so, even under the best of technical conditions--being able to clearly hear what's being said--
it is A LOT of challenging info coming at ya in a flood.
Thank you cantstop for the effort to improve the sound, but...man...
speaking for myself I am only able to catch the general contours of the conversation
and will have to depend upon the transcript.
Danny's voice is pretty clear.
haidut's, because he's on Skype or whatever, just can't make out much.

So...I'm very thankful,
but humbly request some different recording techniques.
(And some music liberated from the Synth Lands of 1980 :lol: )

I'd agree. I think haidut should use a good USB microphone and record his voice on his side while talking with Danny.

Danny or someone else can then take the two files and splice them together in something like Audacity, this way both voices are clear and crisp.

moss

cantstoppeating said:
post 103574 Another great podcast.

The audio from Haidut's side was slightly muffled so I ran a few filters through the audio clip to make it clearer and it should make it easier for transcribers.

Here's a "cleaned up" version:
https://soundcloud.com/user-799905981-7 ... -cleaned-1

Another great interview and thank you cantstoppeating for making this clearer and if it is not too much trouble would it be possible to clean the first interview?
Or as you say someone may be able to splice them together in Audacity?
I would do myself except I haven't a clue what you are talking about and not in my skill set.
There are a few sections that are particularly difficult to hear and it would be great to fill the missing bits for the final edited transcript of the first interview.
Thanks

Some [warning: buzzword ahead] [spoil]crowdfunding[/spoil] could get a nice microphone :cool:

moss

Such_Saturation said:
post 103773 Some warning: buzzword ahead [spoil]crowdfunding[/spoil] could get a nice microphone :cool:
:thumbup

moss said:
Another great interview and thank you cantstoppeating for making this clearer and if it is not too much trouble would it be possible to clean the first interview?
I would do myself except I haven't a clue what you are talking about and not in my skill set.
There are a few sections that are particularly difficult to hear and it would be great to fill the missing bits for the final edited transcript of the first interview.
Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/user-799905981-775435311/fats

Did a quick pass with a few filters. The tradeoff is that while Haidut sounds clearer, Danny sounds distorted. Bear that in mind, the static when Danny is speaking is not from a fault with your speakers, it's the audio file.

Brian

The discussion near the end about how lifestyle affects serotonin/dopamine and youth steroid production can't be emphasized enough in my experience.

For lowering serotonin I think being in a bright environment all day has a huge effect on lowering serotonin/raising dopamine. Pretty hard to recreate this effect indoors in my experience. I also think being on your feet doing something creative, fun, and social as much of the day as possible potently decreases serotonin and raises dopamine. The combo of an activity being creative, fun, social, combined with some movement is very effective--in other words spending time regularly on hobbies you enjoy that involve these elements, as well as trying to make your job embody as much of these lifestyle elements as you can).

Bursts of activity that raise heart rate near its max several times a day for 10-90 seconds or so depending on intensity (sprints, explosive bodyweight exercise, weightlifting, sports) is another thing that seems to help a lot with getting the serotonin/dopamine ratio right.

Stimulation of the leg and back muscles is another excellent non-supplement way to increase DHT production.

These lifestyle factors may not be enough by themselves to increase youth steroids significantly, but combined with pro-metabolic food and supplements I think they play an important role in nudging the body in the right direction. And failure to improve your lifestyle might be enough to make food and supplements ineffective.

michael94

What is a good way to get more exposure to red light? I work as a software developer so being in the sun all day unfortunately is limited...

BTW how old is Danny Roddy? Sounds really young

moss

cantstoppeating said:
post 103784
moss said:
Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/user-799905981-775435311/fats

Did a quick pass with a few filters. The tradeoff is that while Haidut sounds clearer, Danny sounds distorted. Bear that in mind, the static when Danny is speaking is not from a fault with your speakers, it's the audio file.

Thanks cantstoppeating audio was clearer.
The final edit of the Generative Energy transcript interview on PUFAs is here

viewtopic.php?t=8011&start=20

BilboSwagginz

Im confused, haidut is explaining what happens if your body doesnt get enough glucose from food, the way he explains it is as follows:
Not enough glucose through food -> cortisol increases to break down muscle tissue -> muscle tissue converts into amino acids and is being transported to the liver -> liver turns it into glucose -> this way ppl will be left with less muscle and more fat.

Now i understand what he explains but in reality this is not at all what i experienced on paleo diet. I was on it for 1,5 years, lost 5kg of muscle on it, but at the same time my bodyfat dropped too, im going to the gym fairly often and while on paleo i got ridiculously shredded(7% bf). Also other ppl i saw on it dropped alot of bodyfat and got pretty ripped. So yea, i dont really understand why, maybe someone has an explanation why?

Spokey

Im confused, haidut is explaining what happens if your body doesnt get enough glucose from food, the way he explains it is as follows:
Not enough glucose through food -> cortisol increases to break down muscle tissue -> muscle tissue converts into amino acids and is being transported to the liver -> liver turns it into glucose -> this way ppl will be left with less muscle and more fat.

Now i understand what he explains but in reality this is not at all what i experienced on paleo diet. I was on it for 1,5 years, lost 5kg of muscle on it, but at the same time my bodyfat dropped too, im going to the gym fairly often and while on paleo i got ridiculously shredded(7% bf). Also other ppl i saw on it dropped alot of bodyfat and got pretty ripped. So yea, i dont really understand why, maybe someone has an explanation why?

The increase in cortisol will promote lipolysis, which is the liberation of fat often for the burning of fuel. So people can get ripped that way, but burning certain fats damages mitocondria, and promotes the stress hormones generally. In effect burning fat like this is somewhat like being a diabetic. If you're eating enough protein you might be able to slow down muscle loss through catabolism, but high protein diets often come with excesses of unfavourable amino acids and phosphate, and when aminoacids are de-aminated for conversion to glucose, the ammonia that's released represents a further toxic burden.
Since you can't stop liploysis, even on a high carb diet, at times it's not being used for fuel it's sent to the liver where it's detoxified via gluconuridation, which is a lot safer than burning it for fuel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals