Generative Energy #11: Nitric Oxide And Methylene Blue (with Haidut)

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Generative Energy + Haidut #5: Nitric Oxide and Methylene Blue

I think it's funny that Amazon appeared to have immediately run out of the cheap nitric oxide test strips. I'd be curious if anyone knows of a better source: I don't see any inexpensive ones on ebay, and this seems like the best Amazon can do at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaa

:lol:

I look forward to these weekly podcasts like a new Game of Thrones episode.

narouz

Thanks, Dan!

Lightbringer

Dan Wich said:
I think it's funny that Amazon appeared to have immediately run out of the cheap nitric oxide test strips. I'd be curious if anyone knows of a better source: I don't see any inexpensive ones on ebay, and this seems like the best Amazon can do at the moment.
I was a bit distracted while listening to this last night so I think I missed the discussion on the NO strips. I remember haidut talking about a device to measure CO2 though - capnometer I think. The couple that I viewed on Amazon were rather pricey.

edited to remove AMZN link as Dan already did that..

Makrosky

Fantastic audio!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Dan and thanks haidut.

Btw, there's a thing I don't understand...

If the body is producing nitric oxide that is because it needs it, right ? If you take something like Methylene Blue to reduce the nitric oxide but don't act upon the underlying cause that brought NO up in the first place... maybe you're doing more harm than good ?

Parsifal

Makrosky said:
post 107489 Fantastic audio!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Dan and thanks haidut.

If the body is producing nitric oxide that is because it needs it, right ? If you take something like Methylene Blue to reduce the nitric oxide but don't act upon the underlying cause that brought NO up in the first place... maybe you're doing more harm than good ?
I was thinking about it as well. I have a problem with chronic high NO but don't know how to lower it, I'm Peating since 2 month now but without supplements like caffeine, aspirin and niacinamide I would still have symptoms of high NO.

Makrosky

Parsifal said:
I'm Peating since 2 month now but without supplements like caffeine, aspirin and niacinamide I would still have symptoms of high NO.

What do you mean without supplements? Caffeine, aspirin and niacinamide ARE peating. You're supposed to be taking them as much as long as you need them for therapeutical purposes.

By the way, how do you know you have high NO ? You tessted or go by symptoms ?

Peatri Dish

Great stuff!
I have known for a long time that CO2 is an issue. I can't seem to function normally without acetazolamide. Immediately after withdrawing that drug I go into major inflammation, edema, and change in my breathing. Unfortunately it has taken a recent bout with post antibiotic diarrhea for weeks on end to take the endotoxin piece of the puzzle and connect it to NO and lack of CO2. This is probably way more problematic than I realized because I have never had any real bowel troubles. But now I am seeing that you can have "normal" motility and still have unhealthy endotoxin producing bacteria. Thank goodness I am vain and do not want to gain weight. This has helped me to eliminate starch and also pay close attention to edema. Methylene blue is amazing stuff and has gotten me on track but I have a long way to go. If I can't eliminate the cause of the poor cellular respiration it's all just academic.

Mountain

I always want to hear more of the banger at the start of these podcasts. Is Danny Roddy Timecop1983? :shock:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egAB2qtVWFQ&ab_channel=NewRetroWave[/bbvideo]

CoolTweetPete

Parsifal said:
post 107498
Makrosky said:

I was thinking about it as well. I have a problem with chronic high NO but don't know how to lower it, I'm Peating since 2 month now but without supplements like caffeine, aspirin and niacinamide I would still have symptoms of high NO.

Great podcast, guys. Thanks for doing these. I reupped on methylene blue after hearing this! :hattip

Alas, I had the same question. If we're reducing NO, and the body had produced it as a compensatory molecule for a lack of CO2, aren't we potentially causing hypoxia? Hope Georgi can chime in.

hmac

CoolTweetPete said:
post 107563
Parsifal said:
post 107498
Makrosky said:

Great podcast, guys. Thanks for doing these. I reupped on methylene blue after hearing this! :hattip

Alas, I had the same question. If we're reducing NO, and the body had produced it as a compensatory molecule for a lack of CO2, aren't we potentially causing hypoxia? Hope Georgi can chime in.

Perhaps Haidut will correct me but I'm pretty sure that when nitric oxide is 'filling in' for CO2 it is in terms of its capacity to induce vasodilation rather than to oxygenate tissues. In terms of tissue oxygenation NO and CO2 have opposite effects. Furthermore, any of the substances that you would take to reduce NO also improve the rate of oxygen consumption at the cellular level - so you shouldn't have a problem

hmac

Has anyone seen a reliable indication of what a health level of NO might be? All the information I can find is written in the context of NO being beneficial, so obviously it isn't reliable.

jaywills

Following on from another invaluable podcast with Haidut and Danny Roddy, I have been experimenting with increased doses of Methylene Blue.

First night, 1-2ml before bed,
second night 3-5ml before bed
last night 8ml before bed.

Interestingly, I noticed the increased body temperature Danny mentions. Thyroid has been unable to raise my temps, but since taking M.B my temps are on the increase. Specifically, and oddly I noticed this more on the lower doses but my ears and feet were on fire after about 30 minutes after consumption. My body began radiating heat which isa sign of enhanced mitochondrial respiration.

After the higher dose, my tongue feels somewhat 'burnt' and is still stained slightly blue. I have suffered from the white tongue and bacteria in the mouth in the past and believe this could be a sign of a fungal die off.

I also arose to 'flue like' symptoms" as if I was fighting off a dormant infection. This quickly passed after my morning coffee. My sleep felt significantly deeper and my stress response significantly lower.

A few questions have arisen:
- Is 8ml a high enough dose to kill off candida or other fungal infections?
- Has anybody else experienced this "flu"; is this a good sign and does this point to suggest i need a higher dose to kill of a dormant infection?
- how high can I go and is there any benefit to a higher dose?

Makrosky

jaywills said:
Following on from another invaluable podcast with Haidut and Danny Roddy, I have been experimenting with increased doses of Methylene Blue.

First night, 1-2ml before bed,
second night 3-5ml before bed
last night 8ml before bed.

Interestingly, I noticed the increased body temperature Danny mentions. Thyroid has been unable to raise my temps, but since taking M.B my temps are on the increase. Specifically, and oddly I noticed this more on the lower doses but my ears and feet were on fire after about 30 minutes after consumption. My body began radiating heat which isa sign of enhanced mitochondrial respiration.

After the higher dose, my tongue feels somewhat 'burnt' and is still stained slightly blue. I have suffered from the white tongue and bacteria in the mouth in the past and believe this could be a sign of a fungal die off.

I also arose to 'flue like' symptoms" as if I was fighting off a dormant infection. This quickly passed after my morning coffee. My sleep felt significantly deeper and my stress response significantly lower.

A few questions have arisen:
- Is 8ml a high enough dose to kill off candida or other fungal infections?
- Has anybody else experienced this "flu"; is this a good sign and does this point to suggest i need a higher dose to kill of a dormant infection?
- how high can I go and is there any benefit to a higher dose?

Jay, you have to express the ammount of MB in mcg or mg because ml is irrelevant.

Makrosky

jaywills said:
post 107881 Specifically, and oddly I noticed this more on the lower doses but my ears and feet were on fire after about 30 minutes after consumption. My body began radiating heat which isa sign of enhanced mitochondrial respiration.

It's not odd. MB is known for having different dose-dependent effects. More is not necessarily better. It's just different. Look for the info on the methylene blue threads and also on the oxidal thread. Good info there.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin