Forefront health desiccated thyroid supplement

NatachaRose

Has anyone tried desiccated thyroid from forefronthealth?
Is it actually working?
I used to order from Life Giving Store but I’m tired of weighing my supplement several times a day.
Thanks 🙏

JanW55

Forum Supporter
Is it actually working?
I used to order from Life Giving Store but I’m tired of weighing my supplement several times a day.
Thanks 🙏
My husband takes one pill a day in the morning (130mg) or two (65s) if he is out of the 130s. Seems to work fine for him, but he is much less hypothyroid than I am.

Plus, I have Hashimoto's diagnosis and he does not. I have tried a single capsule from time to time just to see if anything has changed and it will still make me feel bad immediately -- unbelievably negative and angry which is strange -- (similar to how synthetic levothyroxine T4-only eventually came to make me feel) so I guess I'm sensitive to the Brimeyer bovine thyroid material actually having T4 in it. I do better with one topical drop of IdeaLabs Tyronene T3 every other day (=8mcg per drop).

Being able to convert T4 to T3 is crucial (don't work in my system at present) and I think my taking supplements containing T4 leads to RT3 buildup and makes my hypothyoidism worse. But T3 alone is not a miracle cure either, is a jolt to the system and needs to be very carefully and slowly applied in small increments, per my experience.

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

My husband takes one pill a day in the morning (130mg) or two (65s) if he is out of the 130s. Seems to work fine for him, but he is much less hypothyroid than I am.

Plus, I have Hashimoto's diagnosis and he does not. I have tried a single capsule from time to time just to see if anything has changed and it will still make me feel bad immediately -- unbelievably negative and angry which is strange -- (similar to how synthetic levothyroxine T4-only eventually came to make me feel) so I guess I'm sensitive to the Brimeyer bovine thyroid material actually having T4 in it. I do better with one topical drop of IdeaLabs Tyronene T3 every other day (=8mcg per drop).

Being able to convert T4 to T3 is crucial (don't work in my system at present) and I think my taking supplements containing T4 leads to RT3 buildup and makes my hypothyoidism worse. But T3 alone is not a miracle cure either, is a jolt to the system and needs to be very carefully and slowly applied in small increments, per my experience.
You probably had those reaction when taking NDT because you have to start low and then up the dose every 2-3 weeks depending on your symptoms and blood panel.
You’re not supposed to take it just once in a while.
How much were you taking when you experienced those side effects?

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

my mother found this product and sent me the link . all sounded great until i read the ingredient list- was shocked to see silica and some other offenders. thought the people behind this were Peaters.
I saw that too!

JanW55

Forum Supporter
Well Tom Brimeyer says he studied Peat's writings, per his ForefrontHealth blog material. I don't know if they were in actual email or other type of contact. I see the label of our bottle says only Raw Thyroid (bovine), other ingredients: rice flour, capsule (bovine gelatin, purified water).
Circles under those words say Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Soy Free / Non GMO.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
You probably had those reaction when taking NDT because you have to start low and then up the dose every 2-3 weeks depending on your symptoms and blood panel.
You’re not supposed to take it just once in a while.
How much were you taking when you experienced those side effects?
@NatachaRose, you are misunderstanding what I said, I think. Synthetic levothyroxine is not NDT, it is the generic cheaper "Synthroid" really.

I have not actually taken any "Armour Thyroid" (or other NDT like Westhroid, Forest, etc.) for probably 14 years, after the reformulations and bad batches of Armour started appearing around 2009 or so I think it was. Armour was doing me a lot of good and then it changed, and I got very discouraged.

I unfortunately decided to just go with Levo for about 7 years, per endocrinologist prescription, the lab tests, and all that. Seemed OK until that RT3 buildup and after I stopped taking Levo I've been on a long journey to get a lot of issues such as SIBO cleared up (I have been very hypothyroid my entire life but was not helped at all by any "regular doctor" -- until they finally agreed, at my screaming insistence to do SOMETHING, to test my TPO antibodies and they were off the reference range at > 1000 -- I was by then 52 or 53 years old.)

Not ready for prime time T3 here yet, hence I am at only a drop (recently) getting introduced very sparingly and occasionally.

I did try Cytomel (synthetic T3) in conjunction with the Levothyroxine, under my endocrinologist's recommendation for a while, and it was too much, too fast, too soon, I think, in retrospect.

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

Well Tom Brimeyer says he studied Peat's writings, per his ForefrontHealth blog material. I don't know if they were in actual email or other type of contact. I see the label of our bottle says only Raw Thyroid (bovine), other ingredients: rice flour, capsule (bovine gelatin, purified water).
The ingredients listed on the website are different than the ones listed on the bottle.
Realized that after I ordered.

Advocate2021

oh- so definitely no silica or these others as stated on the web link? Raw Desiccated Thyroid (130 mg capsules)

Contains 90 capsules (130 mg) of raw desiccated New Zealand bovine thyroid. Other ingredients include: rice flour, cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, silica, gelatin, and purified water.

Probably best to message them and clarify since website states the above.

Peatress

The full list of ingredients in not listed on the bottle but it's on the website - this is deceptive

Contains 90 capsules (130 mg) of raw desiccated New Zealand bovine thyroid. Other ingredients include: rice flour, cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, silica, gelatin, and purified water.

Veritas IV

The full list of ingredients in not listed on the bottle but it's on the website - this is deceptive

It may also mean that the bottle is accurate and the website is inaccurate, or simply not updated.

BUT, there's only one safe assumption, therefore only the seller can clarify, and will they give an honest answer.

Peatress

It may also mean that the bottle is accurate and the website is inaccurate, or simply not updated.

BUT, there's only one safe assumption, therefore only the seller can clarify, and will they give an honest answer.
I think it likely that the website is accurate and the bottle is inaccurate. Why do I say this - because the image on the bottle lots like it's been photoshoped. The full stop is missing.

FH-Raw-Desiccated-Thyroid-130-right_5000x.jpg

Last edited:

Veritas IV

I think it likely that the website is accurate and the bottle is inaccurate. Why do I say this - because the image on the bottle lots like it's been photoshoped. The full stop is missing.
In my experience, those cutoff pics are sometimes ripped from the MFR websites. Many other sellers annoyingly post those, but head over to the respective Manufacturer websites and you'll see the same cut pic.

But it does get stranger, click on the bottle images and it shows the full label, silica not listed but it's also a pic of the actual bottle we would presumably receive. 65mg bottle and 130mg bottle.

Yup, the seller would definitely have to clear that up, silica is not needed when most other sellers don't include it.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
This is interesting, since the link showing a bottle, as posted above, is NOT the bottle we have here, which was recently purchased from Forefront. Never saw one, after 7 years buying this stuff from TB's site, that looks like that one in the link.

Looking at what our bottle says (reorder at Shop.ForefrontHealth.com) on the Internet just now, it does appear that the ingredient list has changed since the very recent past, as well as how the bottle looks.

On the NDT question at any rate, I am skeptical about these bovine "full organ" supplements since it is not capable of being standardized or known quantities, as Armour Thyroid used to be. Don't know which "Prescription" NDT is even to be trusted these days for that matter.

Peatress

In my experience, those cutoff pics are sometimes ripped from the MFR websites. Many other sellers annoyingly post those, but head over to the respective Manufacturer websites and you'll see the same cut pic.

But it does get stranger, click on the bottle images and it shows the full label, silica not listed but it's also a pic of the actual bottle we would presumably receive. 65mg bottle and 130mg bottle.

Yup, the seller would definitely have to clear that up, silica is not needed when most other sellers don't include it.
I got that image from the forefronthealth website so if there is deception then forefronthealth knows about it.

Sefton10

I emailed them about this a while ago. The bottle does indeed say that, but the website lists the other excipients. They told me they had reduced the amount of silica used as a flowing agent to the minimum amount possible. Apparently, not selling pure products reduces the risk of accidental overdose too. They believe that most thyroid sellers use things like silica but don't list them as ingredients.

Sefton10

Is it actually working?
Thanks 🙏
My sister has been using Forefront's thyroid for a couple of years with good results. I've tried it a few times and haven't noticed anything from it. But I have never stayed consistent with it over a long period of time. The excipients do make me wary of it.

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

My sister has been using Forefront's thyroid for a couple of years with good results. I've tried it a few times and haven't noticed anything from it. But I have never stayed consistent with it over a long period of time. The excipients do make me wary of it.
Thank you.
Yes the excipient list is concerning.

twillisdc

I have never used Forefront's products but do have some clients that do (with good results) so I keep an eye on his stuff. They just underwent a brand design change so that would explain some of the inconsistencies between site and product. Not excusable but likely not malicious.

kimbriel

Yeah, my liver is a poor converter as well. Once I got on prescription NP Thyroid, I stopped taking Forefront. But I also have fatty liver now and my liver enzymes are so much higher than 2 years ago when I was first diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I'm still normal range, but my enzymes are 23 and 37 versus 10 and 15. And I can tell with my digestion.

Sucks after 2 years of doing so much (and getting rid of the vast majority of Pufa in my diet, my liver is worse

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals