First Time Using Low-dose Pregnenolone (1-3mg), Pheromone Like Effects?

LeeLemonoil

Thanks! I actually went online to search things up and I was surprised I found many articles supporting this. I used topical magnesium after training and taking a shower. Will definitely incorporate that again.

That's kind of odd. What makes it having a status-lowering/diminishing effect (do u mean self-image when u say that)? And why would people walk over you, is that because it converts to estrogen after all perhaps? Seems kinda scary then :/

Yeah, I was actually wondering this aswell. That would really hold me back if it turns out to be true. I assume Health Natura and Haiduts (Idealabs) have good source Pregnenolone without containing estrogen? Also, I heard/read that some foods also contain small amounts of Pregnenolone but can't recall what foods exactly. Do you perhaps know which ones since I tried finding the thread but unfortunately wasn't able to source it.

I will do a bit of research in the phero-forums and see what the facts and opinions were that made pregnenolone a rather unpopular phero-substance.

I remember that the diese testers back in 2011 or so liked it - and because of the amateurish nature of those forums, it sometimes suffices that some users give a pheromone a bad rep and people perpetuate a myth. It has happened with some a substance.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

I will do a bit of research in the phero-forums and see what the facts and opinions were that made pregnenolone a rather unpopular phero-substance.

I remember that the diese testers back in 2011 or so liked it - and because of the amateurish nature of those forums, it sometimes suffices that some users give a pheromone a bad rep and people perpetuate a myth. It has happened with some a substance.

Thank you!

vulture

so sad, I’m on 5 mg T directly on scrotum for two weeks and have being in 50 mg mesterolone per day and not getting such results

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

I'm sorry
so sad, I’m on 5 mg T directly on scrotum for two weeks and have being in 50 mg mesterolone per day and not getting such results

I'm sorry, starting to feel guilty now...
I do have to say that the 2nd time I took it (yesterday) the experience was a bit different though. I noticed the relaxation but I didn't become sleepy (I took it before bedtime with some dates). I did have some flashback experiences when I closed my eyes. I still am not sure what's happening but I will use it sparingly, I might not take it for another 2-3 weeks and then test it again. After that I will probably tackle defiencies I think I have and focus on that for another 2-3 months before getting bloodworks done.

RisingSun

5mg T per day?

How do you expect to feel better, it’s half of what a healthy middle aged man produces naturally.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

5mg T per day?

How do you expect to feel better, it’s half of what a healthy middle aged man produces naturally.

By saying this, do you imply that 5mg is too much or too little to take, just wondering? Never looked at T and other end-hormones.

vulture

5mg T per day?

Hi! I’ll update soon LH/FSH/T levels. My T was almost at 1000 level. I wanted to asses supression on scrotum and low dose. If there’s no supression I could increase dosage. So far it seems to help me gain strength and muscle easier, I slept badly and ate not so good and kept strength for more than a week, without T it would surely be a small drop in strength from such crappy sleep and eating.

Mossy

In fact, tonight I am planning to apply a small dose of Stressnon on my wrists.
If you ended up doing this, I'd be curious as to what result you had. Thanks.

HealingBoy

Don't you think it's more because you're in a better mood and more aware of reality ? I have this same effect with psilocybin : "hey, that girl really glanced at me !" , "wow, there is no doubt, that girl is hitting on me". Pregnenolone did that to me, for the first 2 weeks (I'm on off weeks to cycle). I was more aware of girls sign of interests toward me. It makes you inconsciously adopt a more seductive and/or confident stance.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

If you ended up doing this, I'd be curious as to what result you had. Thanks.

I'm going to do a small follow-up on my experience. I took pregnenolone on 2 more, but I will talk about the one of 2 days ago (Saturday). At first I thought everything I experienced were made-up symptoms but I definitely noticed similarities compared to the previous times I took it. I won't take pregnenolone for a while, because I don't know what to think of these effects and I am also focusing on another problem for now (just doing 1 thing at a time). The reason why I took pregnenolone was I wanted to be sure whether it would give me similar results.

So what happened on Saturdays was that I took pregnenolone around 17:00 after dinner. Another dosage (orally) between 1-3mg. The effects I felt were pretty immediate. Soon after (approx 15-30 minutes) I experienced some cold hands/feet so I immediately loaded up on another 50grams of carbs because I suspected thought I needed more carbs. I couldn't take a small nap this time, because I think it prevented me from doing that (perhaps going another pathway). Soon after I got warm hands/feet again and everything went pretty okay after that, except for a couple of things. I felt a weird pressure in my wrists, a somewhat hard contraction and it was very noticable (even 1 day later, and still feel it a little bit as of writing this). The pressure like feeling was also on the side of my head (temples) a little bit, it didn't really resemble a headache though.

I felt the pressure/contraction on different parts of the body and it was very noticable. I I even have muscle spasms (very little ones) all over the body, not constantly. Sometimes it's on the upper leg, sometimes on the back. It's just there.

From what I believe to be "positive effects" I experienced:
- I got really calm, like 0.0% of agitation when I went out that night. Perhaps a bit too sedated?
- Anesthethic effect did calm the "nerves" I guess.
-Skin tightens up and feels extremely smooth, hair also feels very smooth. Haven't had many occasions were it felt so good. Especially the skin was very noticable.
- Muscles were hard and six-pack abdomen area, when contracted, was extremely hard. Every felt so "pumped".
- I felt very fresh the next day, with very little sleep needed.
- My bodytemp (measured) Sundaynight before sleep was 36.9-37.0 C (I can't recall when I had such a measurement for the last time), which is hard for me because I had alot of hypothyroid problems in the past and still have (a little bit).

From what I believe to be "negative effects" I experienced:
- The anesthethic effect also kicked in, didn't feel much down below, while the previous day it was hard and libido was high. This effect was pretty immediate and still 2 days later it still hasn't really returned. Maintaining the erection is also hard, somewhat soft in the morning.
- I didn't feel really motivated, but I was very very calm and confident with girls, but I didn't feel the thrill. I wasn't rude, but I talked to so many that it almost looked like a 2nd nature talking to them. I spoke with girls who'm I didn't even know and girls approached me too that night (totally unknown ones).
- Everything feels a bit slower and more heavy, seems like I sometimes have to drag my arm, hands and fingers.
- The high pressure feeling in my right arm is something I still notice.

The effects below is what kind of scared me
- I had very weird thoughts when I tried falling asleep yesterday (like scenario's I haven't seen before, people acting weird). I am not kidding about this and I don't know how to explain, but it seems my mind was going everywhere. Had alot of flashbacks also.
- Had nightmares, also very terrible ones. Woke up at night and ate a bit of carbs, resumed to sleep again.
- Sometimes I have a feeling of my brain turning on/off a switch instantly where I would try and wake up but my body doesn't allow me so, keeping me asleep.

As you can see, I responded very weird to this and some effects I reproduced seem very positive, but the negative symptoms just scared me away a little bit.
For now, I will stop using pregnenolone as I cannot put a finger on what's happening but I can say that pregnenolone was a big player in what happened the past 2 days as I haven't taken anything else and some of the "reproduced" effects gave me the reassurance that it was definitely the pregnenolone that produced it.

@LeeLemonoil @milk_lover, @Douglas Ek , you may find this interesting.
I will also tag some users I've seen in pregnenolone threads, perhaps they know the cause of things. @DaveFoster @Wagner83 @sladerunner69

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

Don't you think it's more because you're in a better mood and more aware of reality ? I have this same effect with psilocybin : "hey, that girl really glanced at me !" , "wow, there is no doubt, that girl is hitting on me". Pregnenolone did that to me, for the first 2 weeks (I'm on off weeks to cycle). I was more aware of girls sign of interests toward me. It makes you inconsciously adopt a more seductive and/or confident stance.

I saw ur message after writing a follow-up. I think it's good like you said, but when you look at my latest experience I don't know what to think of the things that happened. I now know for sure it's the pregnenolone, as I first thought it may have been something else. That's why I tried pregnenolone this Saturday to find out whether it was really the pregnenolone causing it and my conclusion is that in fact did.

If I could address the high pressure feeling, the spasms and the nightmares by doing something to prevent them, I'll definitely use preg again. One thing I really liked was how things really didn't trigger me at all. I also miss the feeling of being trigger (different kinds of trigger such as whether it's a girl that I am into or someone annoying me) and I mean that in a way that I don't want to be 100% sedated, because what happened felt like I hardly cared at all on what happened during the night. I couldn't get mad whatsoever, everything was numbed down, so I don't know.

Last edited:

Douglas Ek

I'm going to do a small follow-up on my experience. I took pregnenolone on 2 more, but I will talk about the one of 2 days ago (Saturday). At first I thought everything I experienced were made-up symptoms but I definitely noticed similarities compared to the previous times I took it. I won't take pregnenolone for a while, because I don't know what to think of these effects and I am also focusing on another problem for now (just doing 1 thing at a time). The reason why I took pregnenolone was I wanted to be sure whether it would give me similar results.

So what happened on Saturdays was that I took pregnenolone around 17:00 after dinner. Another dosage (orally) between 1-3mg. The effects I felt were pretty immediate. Soon after (approx 15-30 minutes) I experienced some cold hands/feet so I immediately loaded up on another 50grams of carbs because I suspected thought I needed more carbs. I couldn't take a small nap this time, because I think it prevented me from doing that (perhaps going another pathway). Soon after I got warm hands/feet again and everything went pretty okay after that, except for a couple of things. I felt a weird pressure in my wrists, a somewhat hard contraction and it was very noticable (even 1 day later, and still feel it a little bit as of writing this). The pressure like feeling was also on the side of my head (temples) a little bit, it didn't really resemble a headache though.

I felt the pressure/contraction on different parts of the body and it was very noticable. I I even have muscle spasms (very little ones) all over the body, not constantly. Sometimes it's on the upper leg, sometimes on the back. It's just there.

- I got really calm, like 0.0% of agitation when I went out that night. Perhaps a bit too sedated?
-Skin tightens up and feels extremely smooth, hair also feels very smooth. Haven't had many occasions were it felt so good. Especially the skin was very noticable.
- Muscles were hard and six-pack abdomen area, when contracted, was extremely hard. Every felt so "pumped".
- My bodytemp (measured) Sundaynight before sleep was 36.9-37.0 C (I can't recall when I had such a measurement for the last time), which is hard for me because I had alot of hypothyroid problems in the past and still have (a little bit).

- The anesthethic effect also kicked in, didn't feel much down below, while the previous day it was hard and libido was high. This effect was pretty immediate and still 2 days later it still hasn't really returned. Maintaining the erection is also hard, somewhat soft in the morning.
- I didn't feel really motivated, but I was very very calm and confident with girls, but I didn't feel the thrill. I wasn't rude, but I talked to so many that it almost looked like a 2nd nature talking to them. I spoke with girls who'm I didn't even know and girls approached me too that night (totally unknown ones).
- Everything feels a bit slower and more heavy, seems like I sometimes have to drag my arm, hands and fingers.

- I had very weird thoughts when I tried falling asleep yesterday (like scenario's I haven't seen before, people acting weird). I am not kidding about this and I don't know how to explain, but it seems my mind was going everywhere. Had alot of flashbacks also.
- Had nightmares, also very terrible ones. Woke up at night and ate a bit of carbs, resumed to sleep again.
- Sometimes I have a feeling of my brain turning on/off a switch instantly where I would try and wake up but my body doesn't allow me so, keeping me asleep.

As you can see, I responded very weird to this and some effects I reproduced seem very positive, but the negative symptoms just scared me away a little bit.
For now, I will stop using pregnenolone as I cannot put a finger on what's happening but I can say that pregnenolone was a big player in what happened the past 2 days as I haven't taken anything else and some of the "reproduced" effects gave me the reassurance that it was definitely the pregnenolone that produced it.

I will also tag some users I've seen in pregnenolone threads, perhaps they know the cause of things. @DaveFoster @Wagner83 @sladerunner69

I’ve never liked oral pregnenolone. It always given me the mellowness and slight mood boost but inhibits libido for me. Dunno if preg like DHEA is more androgenic/anabolic applied topically than orally since DHEA orally has to pass the liver thus getting stored as DHEAs and converted to estrogen more. I’ve used for example pansterone preg/DHEA topically and orally before and topically it just gives me much more positive results regarding libido than oral. Might be oral also has higher conversion towards estrogen. The pressure sort of thing sounds something similair to migrainish type of stuff. Even though you didnt experience headache it can cause muscle twitch/spasm/ weird sensations like numbing of body parts and many more symptoms can be part of it and there’s also migraine that you can get in other body parts and not the head. Usually it’s a pressure around the eye, temple area that can move around. These type of things get triggered by estrogen and serotonin fluctations so might be something like that it’s impossible to say whats happening exactly. Nightmare is usually part of that to and as can derealisation and other crazy mental effects. Trust me I’ve experimented with harder drugs in the past and learned what it feels like by experiencing hangovers after depleting neurotransmitters of F’ing up my hormones. You can get all crazy kind of symptoms that you never had before. Serotonin specially can play tricks on muscles (tension & spasm) and sleep/dreams. Ive also been on SSRI for my iron deficiency symptoms I had doctor gave it to me because he thought I was depressed but then I realised it was just the iron and then my life turned around.
Anyway if it doesn’t feel good or work for you then better to stay away from it.
You might have to experiment a bit more with it to really be able to tell if it’s whats playing tricks on you but trust your own instincts.
You complained in another post about high TSH (low thyroid) and iron deficiency etc. All that may play a role? It surely would affect how you process hormones

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

I’ve never liked oral pregnenolone. It always given me the mellowness and slight mood boost but inhibits libido for me. Dunno if preg like DHEA is more androgenic/anabolic applied topically than orally since DHEA orally has to pass the liver thus getting stored as DHEAs and converted to estrogen more. I’ve used for example pansterone preg/DHEA topically and orally before and topically it just gives me much more positive results regarding libido than oral. Might be oral also has higher conversion towards estrogen. The pressure sort of thing sounds something similair to migrainish type of stuff. Even though you didnt experience headache it can cause muscle twitch/spasm/ weird sensations like numbing of body parts and many more symptoms can be part of it and there’s also migraine that you can get in other body parts and not the head. Usually it’s a pressure around the eye, temple area that can move around. These type of things get triggered by estrogen and serotonin fluctations so might be something like that it’s impossible to say whats happening exactly. Nightmare is usually part of that to and as can derealisation and other crazy mental effects. Trust me I’ve experimented with harder drugs in the past and learned what it feels like by experiencing hangovers after depleting neurotransmitters of F’ing up my hormones. You can get all crazy kind of symptoms that you never had before. Serotonin specially can play tricks on muscles (tension & spasm) and sleep/dreams. Ive also been on SSRI for my iron deficiency symptoms I had doctor gave it to me because he thought I was depressed but then I realised it was just the iron and then my life turned around.
Anyway if it doesn’t feel good or work for you then better to stay away from it.
You might have to experiment a bit more with it to really be able to tell if it’s whats playing tricks on you but trust your own instincts.
You complained in another post about high TSH (low thyroid) and iron deficiency etc. All that may play a role? It surely would affect how you process hormones

Yeah I agree I'll trust my instincts a bit more and that's why I will take a break from it. Everything you said here is spot on! Especially the derealisation/nightmares was something that worried me. I almost thought I was messed up when I saw crazy sh*t in my mind. It's weird though, what would be accountable for creating the postives then (being very calm/confident)? I still don't think the negatives outweigh the positives and that's why I will stop supping it for now, because messing up seems rather easy to do at the point. I will focus on fixing the iron deficiency / thyroid etc.

HealingBoy

I saw ur message after writing a follow-up. I think it's good like you said, but when you look at my latest experience I don't know what to think of the things that happened. I now know for sure it's the pregnenolone, as I first thought it may have been something else. That's why I tried pregnenolone this Saturday to find out whether it was really the pregnenolone causing it and my conclusion is that in fact did.

If I could address the high pressure feeling, the spasms and the nightmares by doing something to prevent them, I'll definitely use preg again. One thing I really liked was how things really didn't trigger me at all. I also miss the feeling of being trigger (different kinds of trigger such as whether it's a girl that I am into or someone annoying me) and I mean that in a way that I don't want to be 100% sedated, because what happened felt like I hardly cared at all on what happened during the night. I couldn't get mad whatsoever, everything was numbed down, so I don't know.

Did you try using topical pregnenolone ? Orally, it has a sedative effect on me, followed by anxiety. It also has a "head feeling". You feel high in your head.
When I rub a pinch of pregnenolone on my scrotum, in the morning, I have a "body feeling". Libido is high and I can feel the androgens confidence, I feel more manly and handle easily social situations.
Don't forget : pregnenolone antagonizes GABA receptors, that's why you feel energetic but also anxious.
But it also makes them more sensitive to any GABA agonist and a part of pregnenolone converts to allopregnanolone, which is a GABA agonist, thus the calming and sedating effect. It is also involved in feeling "social", that's why maybe you were so relaxed at the club.

Taurine helps me counter the anxiogenic effect of pregnenolone and caffeine.

It's a paradoxical equilibrium of hormones/neurotransmitters.

I also feel my scalp skin dryness. Skin is more dry (but maybe it's also because of magnesium and zinc I take).

How old are you by the way ? (I don't think I've read it)

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

Did you try using topical pregnenolone ? Orally, it has a sedative effect on me, followed by anxiety. It also has a "head feeling". You feel high in your head.
When I rub a pinch of pregnenolone on my scrotum, in the morning, I have a "body feeling". Libido is high and I can feel the androgens confidence, I feel more manly and handle easily social situations.
Don't forget : pregnenolone antagonizes GABA receptors, that's why you feel energetic but also anxious.
But it also makes them more sensitive to any GABA agonist and a part of pregnenolone converts to allopregnanolone, which is a GABA agonist, thus the calming and sedating effect. It is also involved in feeling "social", that's why maybe you were so relaxed at the club.

Taurine helps me counter the anxiogenic effect of pregnenolone and caffeine.

It's a paradoxical equilibrium of hormones/neurotransmitters.

I also feel my scalp skin dryness. Skin is more dry (but maybe it's also because of magnesium and zinc I take).

How old are you by the way ? (I don't think I've read it)

Thanks for replying, I am 26 btw. I haven't felt the anxiety when taking the pregnenolone, that's the odd thing. I have had anxiety attacks by not getting enough carbs one time ago, I think some sort of hypoglycemic reaction caused it back then. So I definitely do know how anxiety feels but perhaps I am so numbed down, that I may not feel the anxiety as of now lol.

I think in a thread of @Douglas Ek I read that Haidut said that low-thyroid in people can cause low ferrithin / iron deficiency. Especially if you consume alot of dairy, the proteins supposedly chelate the iron somehow. It would make sense in my case, as I do consume dairy (cheese/milk etc.) without eating liver. I also took all kinds of things that led to low-ferrithin/iron. I will fix that first before trying out preg again. I did like the calming effect somewhat but the hallucinating part I described and Douglas mentioned was downright scary.

Frankdee20

From what I have read about Pregnenalone in the context of Pheromones. It is not typically sold as a pheromone, nor included in any blends, so one has to make it themselves that way. Doses of less than 1 mg yield a result. Most say it increases sociability, and people enjoy being around you.

Mossy

Thanks for sharing this. I don’t blame you for wanting to stop, after all that. As Douglas Ek suggested, maybe topical will lessen the negative effects. I can share that I tried the pheromone dose, topically, that Frankdee20 mentions, and I still felt off, and maybe a little amped and anxious. But, I still plan on trying a larger dose topically, 5mg, to see how I do on that. We can all respond differently—at least this forums shows that—and a right dose for one may be the wrong for another. Also, brand and form are factors.

Mossy

Thanks for sharing this. I don’t blame you for wanting to stop, after all that. As Douglas Ek suggested, maybe topical will lessen the negative effects. I can share that I tried the pheromone dose, topically, that Frankdee20 mentions, and I still felt off, and maybe a little amped and anxious. But, I still plan on trying a larger dose topically, 5mg, to see how I do on that. We can all respond differently—at least this forums shows that—and a right dose for one may be the wrong for another. Also, brand and form are factors.
I just realized that the pheromone dose is what you were going for. There is a thread that has more detail, but the pheromone dose is mcgs, under 1mg, as Frankdee20 noted, not the 1-3mg you mention you took. If I can locate it, I’ll post it.

Here is an interesting comment, which may help to explain why your low doses, and mine, caused anxiety.

Mossy

I just realized that the pheromone dose is what you were going for. There is a thread that has more detail, but the pheromone dose is mcgs, under 1mg, as Frankdee20 noted, not the 1-3mg you mention you took. If I can locate it, I’ll post it.

Here is an interesting comment, which may help to explain why your low doses, and mine, caused anxiety. Though, Haidut did share that low doses should actually help with sleep. So, I think there are so many variables, both these perspectives could be true, depending upon other factors that influence them.

DaveFoster

I remember a bodybuilding saying that DHEA didn't really have an effect on him, but he described a time-release patch of DHEA and pregnenolone as having identical effects to those experienced while on a cycle of anabolic steroids. Dr. Peat has mentioned that he grew a bit while taking, if I recall, DHEA, and pregnenolone converts into the other steroids including DHEA. DHEA's anabolic effects on bone and tendons could be responsible for the swelling. Pregnenolone can also lower cortisol, where cortisol itself has a diuretic effect, so it may have caused water retention, but it's difficult to say. It could also be a contaminated product; Dr. Peat believes that all pregnenolone supplements on the market have sub-par purity and can have estrogenic effects. Lastly, pregnenolone may convert directly into progesterone, and small amounts of progesterone can liberate estrogen from the body's tissues. However, lower dosages of progesterone have a less pronounced anti-estrogenic effect compared to that of higher dosages and can result in greater estrogenicity.

Last edited: