Pregnenolone Effects Disappeared After 2 Weeks : Why ?

HealingBoy

Hey

I'm 28 and suffered a lifetime of stress and PTSD. I started pregnenolone 2 weeks ago, with magnesium, vitamin B Complex, Niacinamide and zinc sometimes. After a very bad sublingual dosing (too much, ensued heavy anxiety, fortunately I had CBD oil to calm me down), I decided dosing it by rubbing a pea-sized amount on my scrotum.
  • Early effects (2 weeks)
At the beginning, I had lot of energy, nice libido, more emotions, a little anxious but more the productive kind, and always wanted to be with people, to do exercice, do new stuff, meet girls and have relationship with them (the latter didn't happen). Past was less important, I was more focused on present and future. I took more care of myself, shaved, styled my hairs. I really felt the antidepressant side of pregnenolone. The side effects were balls going up (too excited ?), restlessness and sometimes difficulties to sleep all night long. Impossible to go no-fap, lol.
  • Quitting temporarily
I stopped 3 days to cycle and during those 3 days, an event made me lose hope to recover some 4 figures money and also learned that the girl I liked found herself a guy to hang out with. It put me in a depressed state even though I went out to do sport, talk with people, enjoy the sun and read some books on the riverside.
  • Taking up
I took up then with the same protocol but I don't feel much of the effects now. I still feel excited and funny at the beginning, in the morning, but it fades out when I start working (I must admit I don't like my work but have to do with it). I feel sometimes spaced out. I'm not feeling more hopeful. I feel less restless and my testes went down again (I mean, even the side effects are less visible.) I started using it sublingual today, to see if it changes something : the change is subtle, but still not like the beginning.

I'm more sleepy around 6-7 pm, compared to before where I didn't have that problem of sleepiness. I'm feeling a little flat during the day.
Maybe I would be even more depressed without pregnenolone, I'm not sure.

• Question
TL;DR : Do you think my body got used to this dose ? Should I increase ? Should I wait a week or two before taking up ?
Is there a risk of negative feedback ? (my body producing less pregnenolone since I'm supplementing )

Last edited:

michael94

Hey

I'm 28 and suffered a lifetime of stress and PTSD. I started pregnenolone 2 weeks ago, with magnesium, vitamin B Complex, Niacinamide and zinc sometimes. After a very bad sublingual dosing (too much, ensued heavy anxiety, fortunately I had CBD oil to calm me down), I decided dosing it by rubbing a pea-sized amount on my scrotum.
  • Early effects (2 weeks)
At the beginning, I had lot of energy, nice libido, more emotions, a little anxious but more the productive kind, and always wanted to be with people, to do exercice, do new stuff, meet girls and have relationship with them (the latter didn't happen). Past was less important, I was more focused on present and future. I took more care of myself, shaved, styled my hairs. I really felt the antidepressant side of pregnenolone. The side effects were balls going up (too excited ?), restlessness and sometimes difficulties to sleep all night long. Impossible to go no-fap, lol.
  • Quitting temporarily
I stopped 3 days to cycle and during those 3 days, an event made me lose hope to recover some 4 figures money and also learned that the girl I liked found herself a guy to hang out with. It put me in a depressed state even though I went out to do sport, talk with people, enjoy the sun and read some books on the riverside.
  • Taking up
I took up then with the same protocol but I don't feel much of the effects now. I still feel excited and funny at the beginning, in the morning, but it fades out when I start working (I must admit I don't like my work but have to do with it). I feel sometimes spaced out. I'm not feeling more hopeful. I feel less restless and my testes went down again (I mean, even the side effects are less visible.) I started using it sublingual today, to see if it changes something : the change is subtle, but still not like the beginning.

I'm more sleepy around 6-7 pm, compared to before where I didn't have that problem of sleepiness.
Maybe I would be even more depressed without pregnenolone, I'm not sure.

• Question
TL;DR : Do you think my body got used to this dose ? Should I increase ? Should I wait a week or two before taking up ?
Is there a risk of negative feedback ? (my body producing less pregnenolone since I'm supplementing )

I had an experience with pregnenolone where it had all the positive effects one might expect from the youth hormones, but there was a slight discomfort/tightness in my left testicle which I associate with being strained for vital energy and left kidney function. In other words, the base of the spine was getting in the way. To be more practical, theres likely a lot of stress that the pregnenolone alone cant muscle past. Keep it in your back pocket and plow forward - or inward!

baccheion

Unsure. Maybe you also need an aromatase inhibitor? Pansterone (pregnenolone + DHEA) is sometimes applied with androsterone. And kuinone (vitamin K2 MK-4).

The same effect is said to occur via oral consumption of pregnenolone and an AI.

OP
H

HealingBoy

I take natural aromatase inhibitor like grape or pomegranate juice, and also zinc 25mg/day. Lot of greens (cruciferous, leeks, salads). No K2 supplementation. I don't take DHEA. I don't have it and also I remember Peat saying pregnenolone is better alone. I mostly get a "head feeling" now. I still feel I can access to both positive and negative emotions. If I take too much, I become moody easily or a little spaced out.

I realize I'm a very stressed person, you can see it on my body (thin, tall, tensed and visible muscles, lots of white hairs in beard and hairs)
I'm in therapy and progressing slowly slowly.

Douglas Ek

I take natural aromatase inhibitor like grape or pomegranate juice, and also zinc 25mg/day. Lot of greens (cruciferous, leeks, salads). No K2 supplementation. I don't take DHEA. I don't have it and also I remember Peat saying pregnenolone is better alone. I mostly get a "head feeling" now. I still feel I can access to both positive and negative emotions. If I take too much, I become moody easily or a little spaced out.

I realize I'm a very stressed person, you can see it on my body (thin, tall, tensed and visible muscles, lots of white hairs in beard and hairs)

Be careful of zinc. 25mg from supps might be bad idea. Some people don’t need zinc and taking it can just set you back and make you feel worse. From my experience it depletes copper and iron and there’s studies showing this. Symptoms usually starts with tiredness and sleepyness then lower libido. More sleepy in the mornings etc. even at doses you’re doing. It’s a mineral and it works in synergy and balance with lots of other minerals specially copper and iron. You don’t need more than 10-15mg per day and if you eat a normal diet you probably already get that. Taking zinc just coz you read it boosts testosterone is bad idea. Have you done blood test showing you are deficient? Promise you better to just try and get zinc from diet like meat, shellfish oysters. You are probably already getting enough zinc and your not deficient so why supplement will just deplete the homeostasis of minerals and make you sick in the end. Wouldn’t suprise me what you’re feeling is because of the zinc not the preg. Also be aware of to much aromatase inhibition. Restlessness is a symptom also I get taking zinc. Specially in the legs. Is this something you experience?

OP
H

HealingBoy

Be careful of zinc. 25mg from supps might be bad idea. Some people don’t need zinc and taking it can just set you back and make you feel worse. From my experience it depletes copper and iron and there’s studies showing this. Symptoms usually starts with tiredness and sleepyness then lower libido. More sleepy in the mornings etc. even at doses you’re doing. It’s a mineral and it works in synergy and balance with lots of other minerals specially copper and iron. You don’t need more than 10-15mg per day and if you eat a normal diet you probably already get that. Taking zinc just coz you read it boosts testosterone is bad idea. Have you done blood test showing you are deficient? Promise you better to just try and get zinc from diet like meat, shellfish oysters. You are probably already getting enough zinc and your not deficient so why supplement will just deplete the homeostasis of minerals and make you sick in the end. Wouldn’t suprise me what you’re feeling is because of the zinc not the preg. Also be aware of to much aromatase inhibition. Restlessness is a symptom also I get taking zinc. Specially in the legs. Is this something you experience?

Thank you for your answer :)

Yeah, maybe I should really stop zinc. The only thing is that I don't eat meat that much, I used to be quite disgusted by meat and nowadays, I try to eat red meats and I'm ok with chicken. Recently, I considered buying liver and cooking it. That would really be a first one for me, I don't even buy red meat, it's only in restaurants that I eat red meat generally. I generally eat the scallop part of chicken. I know chicken is a good source of zinc. I have no way of proving it but I felt the high copper / high estrogen effect linked to many mental illnes (depression, irritability, anxiety, excessive anger... ) and zinc helped transitioning (even thought these effects still exist). I was also afraid that pregnenolone gets converted too much in estrogens, so an aromatase inhibitor is a kind of security...

I always shake my legs, so I can't really tell.

I will try to get a hormonal check-up very soon. Not lot of doctors want to do that, because it's "not ethic, you don't just check your hormones for fun". To be honest, I took up exercice 6 months ago, and I wanted to help myself gain muscle and strength, without steroids (well, pregnenolone is technically a steroid but at least not synthetic...) and "man up" biologically (yeah I know, that's very controversial). I need that checkup to be sure that pregnenolone doesn't mess too much with my hormones.

B

Braveheart

"I remember Peat saying pregnenolone is better alone."....do you remember where he said this?

Douglas Ek

Thank you for your answer :)

Yeah, maybe I should really stop zinc. The only thing is that I don't eat meat that much, I used to be quite disgusted by meat and nowadays, I try to eat red meats and I'm ok with chicken. Recently, I considered buying liver and cooking it. That would really be a first one for me, I don't even buy red meat, it's only in restaurants that I eat red meat generally. I generally eat the scallop part of chicken. I know chicken is a good source of zinc. I have no way of proving it but I felt the high copper / high estrogen effect linked to many mental illnes (depression, irritability, anxiety, excessive anger... ) and zinc helped transitioning (even thought these effects still exist). I was also afraid that pregnenolone gets converted too much in estrogens, so an aromatase inhibitor is a kind of security...

I always shake my legs, so I can't really tell.

I will try to get a hormonal check-up very soon. Not lot of doctors want to do that, because it's "not ethic, you don't just check your hormones for fun". To be honest, I took up exercice 6 months ago, and I wanted to help myself gain muscle and strength, without steroids (well, pregnenolone is technically a steroid but at least not synthetic...) and "man up" biologically (yeah I know, that's very controversial). I need that checkup to be sure that pregnenolone doesn't mess too much with my hormones.

Ok coz shaking your legs constantly like if you sit infront of your computer and feel you need to shake them thats a tell sign of iron deficiency. Zinc makes this worse. At least for me. Google iron and RLS.

TeaRex14

Maybe you were experiencing these effects because you had poor cholesterol turnover, thus resulting in pregnenolone deficiency. Maybe the supplementation corrected the deficiency so you no longer get a "high" type feeling from it. I certainly don't believe in haphazardly increasing the dose. Pregnenolone has some forgiveness to it, much more then progesterone, but even too much pregnenolone will likely oppose testosterone. Topical preg (i.e StressNon) on the scrotum favors androgen production slightly better then topical on non-scrotum, and even more better than oral preg. Either way, I would follow suit with the previous comments and take it with an aromatase inhibitor. Coffee/caffeine, quality vitamin E (TocoVit), niacinamide, and aspirin are all great aromatase inhibitors. If you really wanted to go out on a limb and use something like MB or androsterone you could, but it's not necessary. Haidut has even posted a study that suggests pregnenolone has aromatase inhibiting properties by itself.

OP
H

HealingBoy

@bzmazu : I'm sorry but I just can't find this. I've read someone here writing this too.

@Douglas Ek : RLS is also related to mu-opioid receptors dysfunction and / or insufficient endorphin production and/or body not being sensitive enough to endorphins.

@TeaRex14 maybe, because I'm not sure I get that much fat from food and stored fat probably is burnt quite quickly due to my cortisol-fueled high metabolism (tall and thin, nervous, apparent muscles is often a sign of naturally high metabolism)

baccheion

@bzmazu : I'm sorry but I just can't find this. I've read someone here writing this too.

@Douglas Ek : RLS is also related to mu-opioid receptors dysfunction and / or insufficient endorphin production and/or body not being sensitive enough to endorphins.

@TeaRex14 maybe, because I'm not sure I get that much fat from food and stored fat probably is burnt quite quickly due to my cortisol-fueled high metabolism (tall and thin, nervous, apparent muscles is often a sign of naturally high metabolism)
There's often a reason for higher metabolism. If it's due to histamine, there's magnesium and the histadelia/histapenia protocol. Excess thyroid activity or norepinephrine has a similar protocol.

What neurotransmitters are associated with endorphins? What naturally leads to an increase?

Douglas Ek

@HealingBoy
Iron and opioid function seems to be connected in general. Research in RLS seems to mainly point in iron deficiency/dysregulation. I think there’s other factors needed to regard before concluding it’s just iron. As copper, retinol, magnesium and a lot of other nutrients seem to be involved in proper iron metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals